By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are the PS4 & Xbox One already out of date?

Are the PS4 & Xbox One already out of date?

Yes: I have 4k tv & w... 12 8.89%

Yes: And i will buy a 4k ... 11 8.15%

Yes: But i won't buy upgraded console. 37 27.41%

No: And i have 4k tv 10 7.41%

No: I won't buy upgraded... 65 48.15%

Total:135

They were out of date by launch day, of course hey are now.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
elektranine said:

Can you even buy a APU that's more powerful than the PS4's APU. Pretty sure PS4 is top of the line still in that dept. PC users can't buy any APU more powerful yet nor can you get a PC with the main system RAM having that much memory bandwidth.

So No. PS4 is still top of the line.

Really wish forbes would have some integrity. But since MS has basically shifted back over to PCs now guess forbes don't see the need to tow that line anymore.

It also utilizes advanced concepts and technologies that Multiplat developers don't bother taking advantage of, such as GPGPU compute or GDDR5 Ram- things PC hasn't really implemented. Sonys first party is why the PS4 can't be outdated. 

A 2016 4 cylinder Lotus Exige isn't outdated just because there's a 2016 V12 Ferarri LaFerrari.

They were outdated at launch and still are.

Yes they are, but that's what makes them affordable