By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Most Japanese developers need to go to mobile gaming.

kitler53 said:
Nautilus said:
*Picks up pitchfork and torch*

this is what you meant right?

Hey, at least make it an Iphone  XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

They should. It doesn't mean they have to leave console gaming development. Expand revenues with mobile games and use that money to make better console games.

Nintendo has the right idea, make separate teams develop mobile games without affect their on-going console/handheld efforts. SONY is doing the same now.

Besides, I can't think of console games that completely suit smartphones better than turn-based jRPGs. Port all of them please :)

JRPGfan said:
Nautilus said:
*Picks up pitchfork and torch*

*an adventurer has joined the party*

*Creates guild and puts up sign "accepting angry users here!"*

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
kitler53 said:

this is what you meant right?

<pic>

but that's a blackberry torch and fundamental to the joke.  xD

Well you opinion is not wrong but you made the bad choice to want to discuss it on a console site.

In 2011 we had some threads about it and people laughed about the idea that the Japanese gaming market will mostly exist out of mobile games. Since then Japan has grown to the biggest mobile gaming market in the world (maybe surpassed by china this year) and japanese devs literally need(ed) to also develop games for the mobile gaming market. In 2014 the gaming market was estimated around 9.6 billion and around 60% or 5.8 billion was because of the mobile gaming market.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Nautilus said:

but that's a blackberry torch and fundamental to the joke.  xD

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just had a Nokia for like 4 years, and then an Iphone, so im not too keen on cellphones names!

konnichiwa said:
Well you opinion is not wrong but you made the bad choice to want to discuss it on a console site.

In 2011 we had some threads about it and people laughed about the idea that the Japanese gaming market will mostly exist out of mobile games. Since then Japan has grown to the biggest mobile gaming market in the world (maybe surpassed by china this year) and japanese devs literally need(ed) to also develop games for the mobile gaming market. In 2014 the gaming market was estimated around 9.6 billion and around 60% or 5.8 billion was because of the mobile gaming market.

They are still laughing. 

i agree mr snoopy

Ka-pi96 said:
Problem: People aren't buying Japanese games because they're not as good as they used to be.
Solution: Make them even worse.

Yeah, not sure about that one..

Honestly it might not make them worse, they might actually try new things on the mobile.

LurkerJ said:

They should. It doesn't mean they have to leave console gaming development. Expand revenues with mobile games and use that money to make better console games.

Nintendo has the right idea, make separate teams develop mobile games without affect their on-going console/handheld efforts. SONY is doing the same now.

Besides, I can't think of console games that completely suit smartphones better than turn-based jRPGs. Port all of them please :)

Dont most major Japanese 3rd parties already do this? Square-Enix, Namco, Level 5, Sega, Capcom, Konami already have mobile studios.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.