By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Most Japanese developers need to go to mobile gaming.

Snoopy said:
Shiken said:
This is the absolute worst idea I have ever read on this site. The games are profitable due to how they are made, so there is no reason for such a stupid move to begin with. And yes, it is a stupid move. Most mobile gamers play in small sperts, but Japanese games are generally much larger and would perform worse than where they are now. Just because you may not like something does not mean it should go to mobile.

You can turn these big time console games into mobile games to make a lot of money. Look at fallout shelter. It didn't take too much to make fallout shelter and yet they made millions of dollars. Japanese publishers have to do something soon or they will go bankrupt. Just look at capcom.

The only reason Fallout Shelter made as much as it did was due to the hype of Fallout 4.  Nothing else.

Also have you played Fallout Shelter?  That is not a direction I want gaming to go at any point.  All you are doing is cherry picking a few devs who ran into problems and trying to apply their condition to all of them without even acknowledging the countless jap devs that are very healthy.

I mean seriously, maybe all European companies should go mobile as well because Lionhead got closed.  That is the logic this thread is applying after all.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

I know I am going to get a lot of hate...

Oh, yes. I disagree strongly, almost to the point of saying regrettable things.

Japanese games were huge in the 80's and 90's. They are still huge today but not as big as they use to be or rather as resilient as they used to be. There's just so much more out there. The big wigs: Nintendo, Square Enix, Capcom, Konami, Natsume, Bandai Namco, Level 5 and still putting out killer titles with amazing sales. The smaller Japanese companies would do better on mobile, but only to a certain extent of what the company aims to accomplish. Some western games sell like crap too. Should those developers be confined to mobile too? This thread is quite biased and doesn't address the issue as a whole. But that's not my call to make now is it?

There are such things as bad opinions then...

bet: lost

The problem here is that the Japanese gaming audience has pretty much gone nearly all-in for mobile, so Japanese developers are going to have no choice but to focus more on the mobile market.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

This thread reeks of just wanting to start something.

And honestly that would get me to stop gaming soon. Don't get me wrong I like some Western games, but I love the stuff that comes from Japan a ton.

NightDragon83 said:
The problem here is that the Japanese gaming audience has pretty much gone nearly all-in for mobile, so Japanese developers are going to have no choice but to focus more on the mobile market.

Good point that I forgot about.

日本の国全体が検討中でこれを取るだろう。

Before I even opened this thread I knew it was made by and Xbox fan. Japanese games have come back with a vengeance this gen.

I honestly can't even fathom how a thread like this can exist in a year where we are very likely going to see FF XV, Persona 5, Tekken 7, DS III, SFV...what?

Not to mention the huge success games like DQ: Builders has had...

Japanese publishers/developers are fine.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Nintendo? From Software? Platinum? Kojima? If anything we desperately need MORE Japanese developers on consoles. Western devs don't have that.... X factor. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy them but there's usually something missing.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine