By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman Vs Superman is at 872.66 million WW- Final update, with some DVD/Blu-Ray sale charts

Rating?

10 2 6.67%

9 3 10.00%

8 9 30.00%

7 3 10.00%

6 3 10.00%

5 1 3.33%

4 3 10.00%

3 2 6.67%

2-1 2 6.67%

See results 2 6.67%

Total:30
crissindahouse said:
Wyrdness said:
So am I to take it that because BVS made 700m which basically means it's having a good run in cinemas and sold a good number of tickets that the criticism has changed to the tune of focusing on whether it hits a billion as a final ditch to put it down?

Revenue of DVD/Blu-Ray and so on will be also lower because of the dissatisfaction of so many. 

Well the rated-R Ultimate Edition will have 30 minutes of extra footage, so I can see that doing fairly well.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Depends on the studio but we're not getting another quippy, Whedon-style Avengers movie. On the other end of the spectrum, we are getting more Snyder movies in the DCCU.

Im not sure what do you mean by that, that Whedon left because of AoU results - wich he didnt, he was gona leave anyway, that was settled before the movie even finished production - or that because DC have more Snyder flicks that they will somehow make more money than BvS without changing anything, wich is nonsensical since its arguable if even Justice League would have as much draw as Batman and Superman figthing each other along with the promise of setting up the DCCU and starting to form the Justice League in the same movie. Also if you mean that without Whedom Marvel should have less return from Avengers movies its also questionable as the Russo brothers directed the most praised Marvel movie so far (Winter Soldier) seen to have hit another home run on Civil War (early press screenings points towards that) and will be directing Infinity Wars.

BvS has oficialy colapsed on the international BO, made 7.6 millions on Friday from every international market put together, predictions put the movie at around 780M overall once the weekend ends.

Seems fair. I gave the movie a 6.5. I have to say thats the worst Lex Luthor and most depressing Superman ever created. Henry Cavill is great, but wow what a shitty script. 

spurgeonryan said:
Yeah lex was bad. Not as bad as I expected, but still bad. Too much joker in his acting. Trying to Ledger it I think.^

Too much Darkseid affecting him.

Chances are the movie will crack the 900 million barrier quite safely. Not sure about the billion though. Not a great success at all but not a total bomb. WB need to learn to tone down the CGI, manage budgets and not try and throw in 6 storylines in one movie.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm

Around the Network

Finally saw it
Was much better than led to believe. I'm always a bit iffy with Zack Snyder and MoS was mostly a bore but this was great, despite having some issues with the last 50 minutes or so
Marvel might have more good movies but DC has the top/best ones with this one + Nolan Trilogy. Yeah i'm saying this was better than every Marvel movie

This was the movie, pretty much. Outside of the shitty script that is...

DakonBlackblade said:
Lawlight said:

Depends on the studio but we're not getting another quippy, Whedon-style Avengers movie. On the other end of the spectrum, we are getting more Snyder movies in the DCCU.

Im not sure what do you mean by that, that Whedon left because of AoU results - wich he didnt, he was gona leave anyway, that was settled before the movie even finished production - or that because DC have more Snyder flicks that they will somehow make more money than BvS without changing anything, wich is nonsensical since its arguable if even Justice League would have as much draw as Batman and Superman figthing each other along with the promise of setting up the DCCU and starting to form the Justice League in the same movie. Also if you mean that without Whedom Marvel should have less return from Avengers movies its also questionable as the Russo brothers directed the most praised Marvel movie so far (Winter Soldier) seen to have hit another home run on Civil War (early press screenings points towards that) and will be directing Infinity Wars.

BvS has oficialy colapsed on the international BO, made 7.6 millions on Friday from every international market put together, predictions put the movie at around 780M overall once the weekend ends.

TWS isn't the MCU considered to be the best - Iron Man is. Iron Man will be why Civil War will make a lot of money.

My point about Whedon is that a lot of people consider AoU to be a failure including the Disney execs. With the Russo brothers, Marvel are now choosing a less quippy route than previously.

In any case, BvS passed Man of Steel in NA and has passed Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy worldwide. Turns out that even with the smear campaign and sensasionalist headlines, the movie is still doing well.

Just saw BvS. I have no idea what the hell happened the first two hours. I now get why reviewers said the storyline was all over the place with this movie. Now, the last 30 minutes were really fun, but damn Snyder, what the hell were you trying to do. This movie would've been a hit with just the fun action scenes. I get they were trying to make an excuse for the Batman-Superman fight but Jesus, it was bad. I hope the next movie is more fun. Overall I give it a 4 out of 10. Get rid of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. He doesn't fit the role as this Lex Luthor or as any you want to imagine. Bring Michael Rosenbaum and he alone as Lex will probably save this horrible character and the movies.

BvS should be crossing the $800 million mark this week, as in before the weekend.
It currently sits at $783 million WW and will probably hold onto a $1-2 million a day domestic, and it's been a little more than that internationally. So, I think it'll probably just barely hit $800 million by Friday.

That's impressive for how poorly this movie was received, it really doesn't matter how you spin it. A movie that has basically been universally stomped on and spit on reaching $800 million in 3 weeks? It's impressive to me at least. Like I said before, it'll probably reach $900 million by the end of it's run, but it won't get much further than that. It's already in the top 10 for gross in Superhero movies. I think it sits at number 9 or something right now, or maybe it will when it breaks $800 million, I can't recall specifics.