By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the size of the NX inner memory (storage capacity)?

What will be the size of the NX inner memory?

64-128 Gb. Home console. 64 24.24%

500 Gb. Home console. 85 32.20%

1T. Home console. 67 25.38%

2T. Home console. 12 4.55%

Infinite memory. 36 13.64%

Total:264

It's Nintendo, you never know. But I'm gonna be optimistic and say 1TB.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
spemanig said:
1TB is what I'm feeling.

You know, because it'll be all digital.

So the one company that lags behind in tech for at least two gens is going to be the first company to push an all digital console? lol

AlfredoTurkey said:

So the one company that lags behind in tech for at least two gens is going to be the first company to push an all digital console? lol

*Popularized mainstream touch screen use*

*popularized motion gaming*

*used extremely proficient 100% lag-free companion streaming tech with the gamepad*

*ushered in glasses-free 3D*

*lags behind in tech anyway*

Yeah let's pretend Nintendo hasn't achieved anything technically in the past 10 years because you personally didn't like it. They are definitely going to do an all digital console. And it's going to me a massive, industry shaking success.

spemanig said:

They are definitely [not] going to do an all digital console. And it's going to be a massive, industry shaking success.

Lol. Fixed that.

Come on, stop being ... I dunno how I shall call you.

An all digital console is not happening. Even Microsoft stepped back and made a disc drive for the Xbox One. With physical games you can reach a larger audience and that's what Nintendo needs after the Wii U. Have you ever thought about games like Captain Toad or Kirby? Those would have been small eshop titles at other publishers but Nintendo made these physical games. Here in europe we even got physical versions for Art Academy Wii U, Project Zero/Fatal Frame 5 and these boxes with download codes in it. Nintendo doesn't seem to want to step away from discs.

32 GB Handheld NX
1 TB Home Console NX

Around the Network

In order to make the console/device (if it's some kind of hybrid) cheap enough, Nintendo will have to cut some corners, and Storage is the easiest one to start with.

I expect it to be 32-64GB, with the option to use external HDDs.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Probably 500GBs.

They're going to have 2 versions:

A white one with 64GB where it may be enough to install 2 full games (maybe) and maybe some updates but eventually will render the storage completely useless as games are getting bigger and Nintendo might release a few games just digital only.

A black one with 250GB where its enough for a handful of games yet you wish it was still bigger.

Knowing Ninten, they'll prolly do a silly low number like 100 GB.

I'm hoping they'll at least do 500 GB...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Depends on whether games will have a mandatory install, if so then around 500gb onward.