By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the size of the NX inner memory (storage capacity)?

What will be the size of the NX inner memory?

64-128 Gb. Home console. 64 24.24%

500 Gb. Home console. 85 32.20%

1T. Home console. 67 25.38%

2T. Home console. 12 4.55%

Infinite memory. 36 13.64%

Total:264
spemanig said:

Oh, for the NXDS? While I think that anything below 64GB is criminal, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 32GB. Definitely not less than that, though. I have no problem buying a 128GB+ SD card.

Again, also digital only.

Largest game on 3DS was Xenoblade Chronicles, which was 3 GB. Other full-titled games hovered from 500 MB to 3 GB on average.

I wonder if that will dramatically change...Nintendo hasn't said a word on NX. Worried their advertising will go horribly wrong if nothing is said until the last minute. 

I think the NXDS won't come with alot of memory though. However, it'll probably allow SD cards to reach 256 GB. SD cards are cheap, so people won't have to worry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

Largest game on 3DS was Xenoblade Chronicles, which was 3 GB. Other full-titled games hovered from 500 MB to 3 GB on average.

I wonder if that will dramatically change...Nintendo hasn't said a word on NX. Worried their advertising will go horribly wrong if nothing is said until the last minute. 

I think the NXDS won't come with alot of memory though. However, it'll probably allow SD cards to reach 256 GB. SD cards are cheap, so people won't have to worry.

32GB isn't a lot of memory. It's suffucient, though. It should be 64GB like I said, but I can see them encouraging people buy their own SD cards since they are so cheap.

I think the average AAA game will be like 5GB. When I say that, I mean games of the scale of Killzone (4GB) and Uncharted (3.5) on Vita. Your AssCreeds and Zelda NX's. I'm betting on it having a 540p 3D top screen with maybe a 240p bottom screen resolution. That allows them to have a significant upgrade over the 3DS. Since it's sharing a library with the console, it will need to be pretty powerful to run those scaled down games well. The low screen resolution will make up for it a lot, though. It's obviously not going to be using tech that competes with the most powerful modern smart phones, but it can still be a generation ahead of the Vita in power for $200. With the resources saved on resolution, it'll be capable of visuals and scale that should handily surpass those seen in modern smart phones.

Needless to say, that downport of Zelda NX will have no problem running on it. Not when phones now are capable of this:

And a system as weak as the N3DS is capable of this:

Probably 32GB for the console and updates but none usable by the user and you will be able to buy special storage amiibos

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

32GB isn't a lot of memory. It's suffucient, though. It should be 64GB like I said, but I can see them encouraging people buy their own SD cards since they are so cheap.

I think the average AAA game will be like 5GB. When I say that, I mean games of the scale of Killzone (4GB) and Uncharted (3.5) on Vita. Your AssCreeds and Zelda NX's. I'm betting on it having a 540p 3D top screen with maybe a 240p bottom screen resolution. That allows them to have a significant upgrade over the 3DS. Since it's sharing a library with the console, it will need to be pretty powerful to run those scaled down games well. The low screen resolution will make up for it a lot, though. It's obviously not going to be using tech that competes with the most powerful modern smart phones, but it can still be a generation ahead of the Vita in power for $200. With the resources saved on resolution, it'll be capable of visuals and scale that should handily surpass those seen in modern smart phones.

Needless to say, that downport of Zelda NX will have no problem running on it. Not when phones now are capable of this:

And a system as weak as the N3DS is capable of this:

540p sounds reasonable...but 3D? I honestly don't think so. 3DS was made when the 3DTV was a succeed-or-fail fad(ended up failing horribly). I don't see why they should continue making 3D games. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I'll go with 500 Gb.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

540p sounds reasonable...but 3D? I honestly don't think so. 3DS was made when the 3DTV was a succeed-or-fail fad(ended up failing horribly). I don't see why they should continue making 3D games. 

They didn't spend years of R&D perfecting the 3D tracking tech just to sell a couple million 3DS revisions and stop there. It's here to stay on NXDS. You may not care about glasses free 3D, but Nintendo clearly likes it and that's all that matters. And again, you can just turn it off.

hershel_layton said:
spemanig said:

I'd be a little disappointed if their next portable didn't have the 3D screen. I hated it on the original 3DS, but it really looks great on the "new" 3DS, to the point where I always use it with the slider at maximum.

hershel_layton said:

The biggest problem with SD cards is not their capacity but they speed, that's why there are several classes. And the slower ones would have a negative effect on your gaming.

That's why HDDs are a better option.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Whats the next thread going to be, how big are the controller buttons going to be lol

think-man said:
Whats the next thread going to be, how big are the controller buttons going to be lol

You may laugh now, but if the NX controller is anything close to that fake prototype, we might have to discuss that too.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.