By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the size of the NX inner memory (storage capacity)?

What will be the size of the NX inner memory?

64-128 Gb. Home console. 64 24.24%

500 Gb. Home console. 85 32.20%

1T. Home console. 67 25.38%

2T. Home console. 12 4.55%

Infinite memory. 36 13.64%

Total:264

Considering the quickly growing size of videogames and Nintendo's own push for the digital market, I can see the NX having the biggest inner memory of any Nintendo console (which isn't very hard considering the deluxe WiiU was just 32 Gb). However, Nintendo will also try to keep costs as low as possible. My opinion is that we'll see the home console NX with 500GB of memory. Nintendo doesn't make games that big, and they can always make a deluxe version doubling the memory.

Handheld NX is another problem entirely. I'm not sure how the Fusion idea will be applied here, but it's too soon to make 500Gb portable memory drives, and some games will deffinitively need more than 3-4 Gb. The standard SD cards that came with the consoles are outdated now, by a lot.

What do you think? What will be the size of the inner memory of both models of NX?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

1TB is what I'm feeling.

You know, because it'll be all digital.

spemanig said:
1TB is what I'm feeling.

If it's all digital, I'd bet for 2T. I don't think it would be digital only, though, so I aim for 1T.

The mystery here is the handheld unit.

640KB

Oh, for the NXDS? While I think that anything below 64GB is criminal, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 32GB. Definitely not less than that, though. I have no problem buying a 128GB+ SD card.

Again, also digital only.

Around the Network

NX handheld 64 GB
NX home console 500 GB

Oh, and they won't be fusion systems, so storage differences between the two models aren't a problem.

Darwinianevolution said:

If it's all digital, I'd bet for 2T. I don't think it would be digital only, though, so I aim for 1T.

The mystery here is the handheld unit.

No way it'll be 2TB. Unecessary to start out with. Most people will never come close to filling out 1TB. I'm all digital on my Wii U, have over almost 100 games on it, and haven't even halfway filled it. Adding more would only be artificially inflating the price for most people. I can see them taking the same "upgrade it yourself" approach they had with the Wii U and 3DS.

The basic unit should have at least 1TB. It's cheap as heck now. An premium unit should have 2TB. Games are growing rapidly in size, better be safe proof for at least a half decade.

spemanig said:
spemanig said:
Again, also digital only.

What is going on with you guys? Nintendo won't take the risk and make a digital only systems. Their main audience are kids. Those don't buy games digitally. Have you seen how small digital numbers are on Nintendo systems? It's pretty much a safe bet that NX won't be digital only.

SpokenTruth said:
When talking about RAM, use the term memory. When talking about a hard drive, use the term storage.

If you mix them up, it can get confusing. 2 TB's of memory is super computer territory and would take 512 RAM chips to make.

Thanks, updating now.