By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the size of the NX inner memory (storage capacity)?

What will be the size of the NX inner memory?

64-128 Gb. Home console. 64 24.24%

500 Gb. Home console. 85 32.20%

1T. Home console. 67 25.38%

2T. Home console. 12 4.55%

Infinite memory. 36 13.64%

Total:264

My guess?Probably around 100 and 200 gb.Its not a big space, but its big enough for the casual crowd and people that dont buy digitaly in general.And since the hardcore/digital only crowd would buy external memory anyway, I dont think it would be an issue for them.Plus they have to cut costs somewhere, so it makes sense that its not a big storage.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Being partly a handheld, it wont have a mechanical drive due to motion damage, it will need to be a SSD, therefore for costings it will be no higher than 64GB, and only 128GB as an extreme option, it may use storage swap out options for HD upgrades for those that can afford huge SSD's, or even just expand storage with an SD card reader built in, which is a cheaper option

What if the dock has memory built into it, that is much higher than the main unit?Lets say, for the sake of the argument, that the memory inside of the main unit is 100 GB and in the dock is 500GB.When you want to play a certain game on the go, you could simply manage the data from the game betwenn the dock and the main unit.So lets say for example that you have 5 games in which their combined memory space takes up to 300 GB(yeah I know Im exagerating).But lets say that you are only currently playing two of them and the others you are not currently playing either because you already beat them or dont feel like it.You could simply manage the data so that the data and updates and all those stuff from the games you are playing are on the main unit and the rest is on the dock.And since the mechanical is supposidely cheaper than the other options, it would be a smart decision.What you guys think?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

One version with only 32Gb(250$?), other, with controller and 500 Gb on dock and a game(350$?)

Around 64GB imo with external storage being compatible.

Around the Network

So people will have to buy a separate hard drive?