By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has Released 8 Zelda Games Since Announcing Zelda for Wii U

Tagged games:

Like I said in the other thread last week; On the surface you'd think that's a good thing...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Wright said:

thats nothing, try waiting for Shenmue3!

Thats nothing, try waiting for Tennis For Two 2...

xD I cant beat that

The amount of time it takes to make LbW and Triforce Heroes was, I'm sure, not that long, because they aren't massive high visual games. HW and HWL were both made outside of Nintendo by different companies. WWHD was said to have only taken about 6 months to create and I'm sure TPHD had a similar workforce. Don't even get me started on how little Zelda team people worked on the picross game or the cameos. Brand new 3d Zelda games take more people and more time to develop than almost all those games combined. Especially when they run new art style and engines. Zelda U should take 5 years to develop, as should it's sequels. I want the Zelda games to be special and amazing (the 3d ones). Now we have the overhead series again to fill in time, plus spinoffs, to help us not all go insane with wait. I'm happy.

Adding Picross is ridiculous. Also, why are people so whiny?

That's eight badass Zelda games, and a Zelda game lasts for a long time(unless you rush through it like a scrub).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Dulfite said:
The amount of time it takes to make LbW and Triforce Heroes was, I'm sure, not that long, because they aren't massive high visual games. HW and HWL were both made outside of Nintendo by different companies. WWHD was said to have only taken about 6 months to create and I'm sure TPHD had a similar workforce. Don't even get me started on how little Zelda team people worked on the picross game or the cameos. Brand new 3d Zelda games take more people and more time to develop than almost all those games combined. Especially when they run new art style and engines. Zelda U should take 5 years to develop, as should it's sequels. I want the Zelda games to be special and amazing (the 3d ones). Now we have the overhead series again to fill in time, plus spinoffs, to help us not all go insane with wait. I'm happy.

I think Nintendo is making the smart move here. Last thing we need is for the game to be uninspiring and boring

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

At least those design skills are good lol.

Will we see Skyward Sword HD before or after Zelda U?

It's probably just been canceled. Or it is a massive mess, and they're afriad to show it off. Or, and this is most likely it, it is coming out for NX.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
It's probably just been canceled. Or it is a massive mess, and they're afriad to show it off. Or, and this is most likely it, it is coming out for NX.

I don't think that Nintendo would want to burn more of their fans by breaking their promise of bringing it to the Wii U. I think they're going to pull a Twilight Princess with the upcoming Zelda game.

homer said:

1) Saying Nintendo would cancel a mainline Zelda game is one of the most illogical things I've seen regarding a video game company.

2) All prior mainline Zelda games are amazing so I don't know why you'd assume it was a mess.

3) I totally believe that they are doing the NX thing because they want the NX to have a lot more momentum than what the Wii U had at its launch.