By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has Released 8 Zelda Games Since Announcing Zelda for Wii U

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:

I think someone has too much time on their hands...

Yes, the Zelda team, who are not capable of showing properly and release a home console game in less than 5 years.

Ot: Disgusting and terrible management this gen for Zelda. Hopefully Kimishima can put order.

Arlo said:
And yet only one of those is an actual, NEW Zelda game. But people will still call us whiny.

If you are talking about Albw, that's not even completely new.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

remember when Reggie tried to defend the lack of announced games coming up for Wii-U by saying that Nintendo didn't like to tease its fans with games which weren't going to be ready for a couple of years.... hmmmm

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
remember when Reggie tried to defend the lack of announced games coming up for Wii-U by saying that Nintendo didn't like to tease its fans with games which weren't going to be ready for a couple of years.... hmmmm

Hehehe.

wow well... when you put it this way!!!

Switch!!!

Zelda for WiiU was announced in 2014 not 2013. WWHD had already been released at that time and Hyrule Warriors doesn't count as a Zelda game. There was Majora's Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes and Twilight Princess HD. That's All!

Around the Network
ThisanmU said:
Zelda for WiiU was announced in 2014 not 2013. WWHD had already been released at that time and Hyrule Warriors doesn't count as a Zelda game. There was Majora's Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes and Twilight Princess HD. That's All!

It was announced in January 2013 and Hyrule Warriors counts as Aonuma was involved.

Pavolink said:
ThisanmU said:

It was announced in January 2013 and Hyrule Warriors counts as Aonuma was involved.

I mean, officially announced (in a trailer) in 2014, Aonuma being involved doesn't make Hyrule a Zelda game, it's essentially a "Warriors" game series. Just because Mortal Kombat has Kratos it doesn't mean it's a God of War Game.

curl-6 said:

Let's have a look at what other devs have made since Nintendo made released the last proper console Zelda.

Naughty Dog: The Last of Us, Uncharted 4

Platinum: Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, Starfox Zero

From Software: Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 

343i: Halo 4, Halo 5

DICE: Battlefield 4, Star Wars Battlefront

Turn10: Forza 5, Forza 6

Treyarch: Black Ops II, Black Ops III

Because we all know Nintendo has not made any other game in 5 years, amirite?

It's not like making a new entry in one if not the most well reviewed series in gaming while mantaining the quality high is a work you can do in a couple year, crafting masterpieces takes time...

They announced the Game to early. And the Failure of the Wii U made it even harder for Aonuma and his Team. So, yeah, they had to release Filler to close a giant gap between a new big Zelda.

It's not like Atlus is any faster with Persona 5 which was planned for a release in late 2014 until it got delayed, and delayed and delayed again to a release some time in 2016.

Be aware: English is not my native language. The Internetz is the only place I'm partly speaking this smooth language. And because my Signature is so boring, feel free to insert a lame Boob-Joke here: [Insert lame Boob-Joke here]

Warning: Nintendo and Übel Blatt Fangirl alert