By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash- best fighting game now

Fighting games are on the decline. However, Smash Bros isn't at all.

Last gen, Smash Bros Brawl was introduced to the Wii. It brought a story mode, which(personally) I loved and wished was in all future Brawl games.

This gen, we have Smash Bros 4, which is for the 3DS/Wii U. I'd have to simply say this game is fantastic, especially since every character has such fun and unique moves. Would've preferred the story mode over the board game, but I can't complain. The other things such as All-star are pretty fun.

I love games such as Street Fighter, but the amount of people nowadays I see playing Brawl is ridiculous.

If you want a fun way to play Smash, do what I usually do with friends. No items but smash(optional), 2 lives, and all characters must be random. Makes it fun and hilarious to see who you will be and who you're up against.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Idk I havent found myself into Smash since Melee Brawl was aight. 4 is meh... Its too multiplayer focused unless the previous two entries. I hope the next SSB game has something along the lines of Adventure Mode or SSE. But yeah Idk Im not into SSB4 x~x

HEY! RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!
WHERE IS MELEE AND 64!
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
The series is Smash Brothers not Brawl.
64 introduced it, Melee established it.
And Smash 4, not Brawl, as well as Melee is what people are playing now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
HEY! RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!
WHERE IS MELEE AND 64!
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
The series is Smash Brothers not Brawl.
64 introduced it, Melee established it.
And Smash 4, not Brawl, as well as Melee is what people are playing now.

Lol I just put Brawl to state that I thought the story mode was cool.

Didn't really put much thought in this. I put the last 2 games, said they're cool, and yea. If you want, make a cooler thread. Knock yourself out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I haven't played as much of Smash 4 as I did the previous ones, though I still have something like 75 hours into it. I'd have to say Melee is still my favorite Smash game and the new one is only okay by the series standards.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo did a great job reviving the spark of fighting games with Pokkén Tournament, but i won't deny that Smash is an evergreen title.

The best fighting game isn't a fighting game 

Great game! Hoping we can one day get a Project M 2 one day tho.

And theoretically, the install base of Smash came back full force between Wii U and 3DS versions. It truly is a shining gem in the pile of turds that has been the 8th gen.