By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash- best fighting game now

Smash is by far the best brawler type fighting game. But as for Arcade fighting, it doesnt fill that void. I will say it's out of MKX and KI this generation. I feel like jumping on Smash now, need to finish it with Bayonetta.

Around the Network

Yes! It sold 7mil on both Wii U and 3DS!

Even with the Wii U is less than 90% of the User base of the Wii! And being the other users on the 3DS (Which I dont think has a strong fanbase of fighting games) It still manage to do 60% of what Brawl done!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TheDeleter said:
Smash is by far the best brawler type fighting game. But as for Arcade fighting, it doesnt fill that void. I will say it's out of MKX and KI this generation. I feel like jumping on Smash now, need to finish it with Bayonetta.

Right, its not the same thing. The only thing they have similar is you hit people to win.

Its like saying Forza and Mario Kart are comparble because you race.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If you want a guaranteed way to win every game of Smash, buy Cloud.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Was never a fan of fighting games but this one is an exception for me!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Melee, Brawl, Sm4sh and Project M are all a blast to play, wether it's casually or competitively.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Ultrashroomz said:
If you want a guaranteed way to win every game of Smash, buy Cloud.

Yeah right, because he can't be gimped at all, especially not by Pikachu :P

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Mr Puggsly said:
TheDeleter said:

Right, its not the same thing. The only thing they have similar is you hit people to win.

Its like saying Forza and Mario Kart are comparble because you race.

Couldn't agree more.

My favorite fighting franchise.

I've played Super Smash Bros. 64 with one of my friends for, maybe, hundreds of hours. Currently I'm trying to unlock everything on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I know it's going to take a heck of a time.

Melee... Well, I don't kinda play it, since I got myself much more into Brawl. Project M is not useful for me.

And since I don't have a Wii U, I can't play Sm4sh, but it looks really awesome from what I see.

StarOcean said:
Idk I havent found myself into Smash since Melee Brawl was aight. 4 is meh... Its too multiplayer focused unless the previous two entries. I hope the next SSB game has something along the lines of Adventure Mode or SSE. But yeah Idk Im not into SSB4 x~x

You know, you're actually right. While I do love Smash 4, I would have liked to see a better single player mode. It's odd to think but before Brawl came out, I had hardly any opportunity to play Smash with anyone else, other than maybe once every few months or so, so I spent a lot of time playing Classic, Adventure, All-Stars, Break the Targets, Events and so on.

Maybe it's just my nostalgia speaking but I haven't been too impressed with Smash 4's offerings in comparison to Melee. Classic mode is absolute chaos since it's usually more than 1 v 1, no Break the Targets or Adventure and the Events were forgettable.