By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Independently Confirms Source PS4.5 Is Real

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
Please as soon as possible. Before FFXV please!

SE: "due to the new released PS4K we will be goong to delay FFXV to meet the highest standards of the new hardware, see you all at 2020".

2020: PS5 announced, FFXV delayed to 2025.

You have no idea how extremely ok I would be with that. They probably need at least 10 years to fix the shit they're currently going with.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

NX  vs PS4.5 & PS VR.

That cant be good for nintendo, might steal some of their thunder.

GribbleGrunger said:
TheMessiah said:

We know this is the case with Xbox one version 2. But we don't know about ps4.5 as Sony have made no announcement. I suspect they are probably behind and more than likely reacting to MS announcement here.

How can it be a reaction to what MS have said when:

a/ It's a rumour and Sony have said nothing
b/ Sony mentioned it last year as a possibility

My apologies if Sony said about upgradeable hardware every 3 years or so. I honestly wasn't aware. I'm speculating on the knee jerk reaction, but I heard no rumours about an upgradeable PS4 until 1 month after MS official announcement. In all honesty alot of different people are saying its a true rumour. Many sources. If Sony do this, but fail to increase ram etc like Xbox version 2 they may hurt the PS4 image. Especially if its more expensive than the current model but doesn't increase power like Xbox version 2.

I'm expecting a 12gb DDR4, 128 Mb Edram, 2x better gpu and overcooked CPU for Xbox Version 2 to be announced before the years out. MS have clearly been researching this for over a year now. And confident enough to announce their plans last month. I also think this is why MS haven't spoken about VR. I believe they will work with Oculus on version 2. Meaning Sony spent loads of money on R&D, where MS wont have. And Oculus Rift will have PC and Xbox One for gamers to enjoy. I really believe Sony should have gone with Oculus to. And waited till either PS5 or copy MS and release new versions every 3 years.

TheMessiah said:

My apologies if Sony said about upgradeable hardware every 3 years or so. I honestly wasn't aware. I'm speculating on the knee jerk reaction, but I heard no rumours about an upgradeable PS4 until 1 month after MS official announcement. In all honesty alot of different people are saying its a true rumour. Many sources. If Sony do this, but fail to increase ram etc like Xbox version 2 they may hurt the PS4 image. Especially if its more expensive than the current model but doesn't increase power like Xbox version 2.

I'm expecting a 12gb DDR4, 128 Mb Edram, 2x better gpu and overcooked CPU for Xbox Version 2 to be announced before the years out. MS have clearly been researching this for over a year now. And confident enough to announce their plans last month. I also think this is why MS haven't spoken about VR. I believe they will work with Oculus on version 2. Meaning Sony spent loads of money on R&D, where MS wont have. And Oculus Rift will have PC and Xbox One for gamers to enjoy. I really believe Sony should have gone with Oculus to. And waited till either PS5 or copy MS and release new versions every 3 years.

Nobody said anything about an 'upgradeable PS4' and no one is talking about it now. They talked about a new SKU and we're now talking about a new SKU. It's not about it being upgradeable.

The PS5 Exists. 

SvennoJ said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Oh no I am not confused lol. I just want the 4K output for movies and hopefully netflix etc lol.

There is a possibility that comes to the base ps4 as well, although limited to 4k at 24/25/30hz.
Maybe the hdmi port can function as a 2.0 port, very big maybe, and support rec.2020 HDR and 4K at 60hz. Sony managed to get 3D playback working on ps3, although with limited sound options. But if you want to be sure, got to wait till after E3 :/

You are right they did get that working on the PS3 lol. Oh well I was going to stick with my Uncharted Bundle either way I have waited long enough for my PS4 lhh. But hopefully they do get it to where the PS4 can run 4K without upgrading to a new one even though I will more thna likey have another PS4 in a few years anyway. Just like with the PS3....still have my FAT 60Gig and the slim 160 gig as well.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
TheMessiah said:

Nobody said anything about an 'upgradeable PS4' and no one is talking about it now. They talked about a new SKU and we're now talking about a new SKU. It's not about it being upgradeable.

All the rumours I've read say a better gpu. some say higher clocked CPU. Some say about an hdmi in. And they also suggest that revs might have access to not all the extra power but some of it. Meaning games will be smoother and maintain 1080p a bit better. Also PSVR will be smoother with the upgrade.

Personally MS took them by surprise with their announcement. I think they were just going to release a slim PS4. But then saw MS announcement and have decided to add better hardware. The question is how it compares for power and price to Xbox version 2.

Aerys said:

Bullshit.

It's a false rumor or it's just a PS4 playing 4K movies, it has nothing to do with gaming.

-> This so much

You see people don't care about things like logic.

It's more about having all 3 console manufacturers suddenly restart this gen so MS/Nintendo have another shot at winning.

Sony always releases a PSx slim product every gen but suddenly the media doesn't know how to talk about that and it's "PS4.5 confirmed better wait to buy your PS4 so we can then talk about sales slowing down and PS4 peaking already"

TheMessiah said:

All the rumours I've read say a better gpu. some say higher clocked CPU. Some say about an hdmi in. And they also suggest that revs might have access to not all the extra power but some of it. Meaning games will be smoother and maintain 1080p a bit better. Also PSVR will be smoother with the upgrade.

Personally MS took them by surprise with their announcement. I think they were just going to release a slim PS4. But then saw MS announcement and have decided to add better hardware. The question is how it compares for power and price to Xbox version 2.

Again, no they didn't, Sony spoke of this months before MS made their statement. If anything MS have said what they said because they knew Sony had already mentioned it and they probably heard from developers before these sites did. I'm not saying that's what happened, just that if we assume one company is basically 'copying' the other, it HAS to be MS. From what I've read it looks like two different strategies to me but for some reason you've thrown the 'copying' card in there.

The PS5 Exists. 

TheMessiah said:
GribbleGrunger said:

How can it be a reaction to what MS have said when:

a/ It's a rumour and Sony have said nothing
b/ Sony mentioned it last year as a possibility

I know that Phil Spencer said something in general that people should expect cycle upgrades, but has there been any more infor or rumours than that? Have they talked about increased RAM like you implied in your previous post?

A 12GB RAM with 2x stronger GPU for Xbox 2 sounds plausible. That'd be cool. With the 14nm GPU process it would be affordable too and not require a big price increase.

Slimebeast said:
Aerys said:

Becaust it wont. The only improvement will be dedicated to movies and useless for gaming, not so much needed to play 4Kmovies, this extra power would make no difference so it wouldnt be used in gamiing

Okay prophet, we will see eventually.

The demands of being able to display 4K movies, what are we talking about? It's more a technical issue more than needing lots of extra raw computation power, isn't it?

Yep it is. Thats why the few small enhancements will be just like any other Slim version

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m