By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Independently Confirms Source PS4.5 Is Real

Nate4Drake said:
Slimebeast said:
This is great news, especially for VR and the chances of VR to become big.

I truly hope the new machines will be able to play the same PS4 games but with better effects or higher framerate.

Of course you will play the same games, it's gonna be 100% compatible with all previously released; you will just play the same games at 60fps with better effects, textures, lighting, etc or 4K/30 fps, my vision.

Yeah, that's what I hope.

But you know that many owners will be very butthurt, so I'm not sure Sony will dare to allow the PS4K users to use better graphics.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

Of course you will play the same games, it's gonna be 100% compatible with all previously released; you will just play the same games at 60fps with better effects, textures, lighting, etc or 4K/30 fps, my vision.

I doubt that is going to happen. Sony have got to be careful where they position this. Too powerful and the power goes to waste because it's going to be forward and backwards compatible and too weak and the advantages doesn't warrant a second purchase. 1080p/60fps and 4K output for Netflix and the such.

The PS5 Exists. 

Slimebeast said:
Aerys said:

Bullshit.

It's a false rumor or it's just a PS4 playing 4K movies, it has nothing to do with gaming.

Yes it has. Or at least I want it to lol

If they decide to utilize new GPU's by AMD, why wouldn't they also use that extra power in game rendering somehow, similar to how PC users have had it for all time.

Becaust it wont. The only improvement will be dedicated to movies and useless for gaming, not so much needed to play 4Kmovies, this extra power would make no difference so it wouldnt be used in gamiing

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The PS5 Exists. 

Nate4Drake said:
I think 4k/30fps on many multiplatform games would be a serious possibility/as an option, as all of them will be developed with X1 and PS4 hardware in mind. X1 has the weakest GPU of all(consoles PS4/X1, Steam and PCs), and still all multiplatform games have to run on the X1 too, which is also strangled by its memory bandwidth; the new PS4K GPU will be roughly 2.2/2.5 times more powerful than current PS4 GPU(thanks to AMD Polaris Architecture), 3.2/3.5 times than X1 GPU; 4 times the total system memory bandwidth of PS4, and more than 5 times VS X1; this is my vision; this is why I'm expecting a 4k/30fps version of X1/PS4 multiplatform games on PS4K, as an option, or 1080p/60fps with far better effects, more draw distance, etc.

I could be wrong, so wrong; this is only my vision.

I thought the same thing at first since, PS4 games in 4k at 30 fps. But then i realised that PS4 is using an APU design witch definitey limits the options. Especially since every AMD flagship model since the 290 series have been huge powerhungry monsters.

So if a new PS4 model would get a power upgrade it would probably be any current PS4 games 1080P at 60 fps, witch is needed for VR.

Around the Network

If true I'm not sure how I feel. If it's a truly high end ps4 that costs 800$ and doesn't compete with the regular ps4 then sure whatever. I'd rather we stick with the same power for another 5/6 years and then have a huge leap with the PS5.

Nate4Drake said:
Slimebeast said:
This is great news, especially for VR and the chances of VR to become big.

I truly hope the new machines will be able to play the same PS4 games but with better effects or higher framerate.

We know this is the case with Xbox one version 2. But we don't know about ps4.5 as Sony have made no announcement. I suspect they are probably behind and more than likely reacting to MS announcement here.

TheMessiah said:

We know this is the case with Xbox one version 2. But we don't know about ps4.5 as Sony have made no announcement. I suspect they are probably behind and more than likely reacting to MS announcement here.

How can it be a reaction to what MS have said when:

a/ It's a rumour and Sony have said nothing
b/ Sony mentioned it last year as a possibility

The PS5 Exists. 

Lol Richard "xbone is my Jesus" Leadbetter is the author of said article.
OP conveniently left that part out...
Richard "Xbox" Leadbetter is nothing more than a sham that will stop at nothing to please his master
"Secret developers confirm to me that xbone has no problems hitting 1080p 60fps but I'm not allowed to show you ... yet"
"The PS4 version of COD has severe frame rate issues ... But I'm not allowed to show you that"
"PS4 actually has less RAM available to devs"
Yes all of these and more outlandish claims were made in his "articles" and on twitter.
Heck he even went as far as quoting Mr X Media in some of his writings.

So nothing other than more FUD from media phonies here.

Aerys said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes it has. Or at least I want it to lol

If they decide to utilize new GPU's by AMD, why wouldn't they also use that extra power in game rendering somehow, similar to how PC users have had it for all time.

Becaust it wont. The only improvement will be dedicated to movies and useless for gaming, not so much needed to play 4Kmovies, this extra power would make no difference so it wouldnt be used in gamiing

Okay prophet, we will see eventually.

The demands of being able to display 4K movies, what are we talking about? It's more a technical issue more than needing lots of extra raw computation power, isn't it?