By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Images of the NX Controller Surfaces!

Well the design is quite singular... But I'm not against the idea. Let's see how this plays out at E3 this year.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Picture could be made inside Ubisoft Massive's HQ

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199016280&postcount=1265

Not sure if this guy is serious, but shit wouldn't surprise me.

WTF... xD

Actually I am more interested in this controller than I would be if it actually had physical buttons. Feedback will be the key and if you can place your buttons anywhere on that controller and also map as many as you want, this really could be a revolution in design and functionality.

I am also guessing you can design all types of different buttons with tactile feel for a truly innovative design.

Soundwave said:
JRPGfan said:

Sometimes the packageing of things make all the differnce in the world.

This looks alot better than the gamepad, its thin and "sleek" as you say, probably lighter too.

Nintendo are just giveing it another go, with the gamepad.

These are just superficial changes though (for something that's functionally worse). This is all flash, no function. 

Look at apple though... they sell you the same stuff everyone else does, just in a prettier package, and charge huge sums for it.

They dont really lead the pack in any meaningfull way (funktion wise), they just have a pretty package, and a eco system they lock their users into,

and they keep comeing back and buying these phones at a premium.

Well, looks like I'm in the ultra-minority here but I think this could be awesome. Day 1 buy for me lol.

Around the Network

Nintendo wants to bring more third party games on NX?
How the fell want they make Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed playable on this thing... o.O

baloofarsan said:
As I understand the patent your thumbs never has to leave the pads and they can be used as buttons when you move in a certain direction.

If we go with that idea, that could mean that by rotating the rotatable bumpers (that were revealed in a previous patent) it could allow you to change the controls/operations that are mapped to the thumb pads on the fly. So say, hypothetically, if you were to rotate the left bumper from L1 to L2 it would change the controls for the left thumb pad from movement to jumping in a split second.

-On L1 you can move with the left pad

-Switch to L2 now you can jump or grab with the left pad

Makes the first leak look more real. That's not a good thing though.

Oh god, it looks worse than the Wii U gamepad. I really hope this is fake.

poklane said:

Picture could be made inside Ubisoft Massive's HQ

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199016280&postcount=1265

Not sure if this guy is serious, but shit wouldn't surprise me.