By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite main line Pokemon game?

Tagged games:

What's your favorite Pokemon Gen?

Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow 18 12.16%

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal 43 29.05%

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald 30 20.27%

Pokemon Diamond/Perl/Platinum 27 18.24%

Pokemon Black,/White and Black 2/White 2 17 11.49%

Pokemon X/Y 13 8.78%

Total:148

Emerald for sure.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Got to represent my name! :p

Pokemon Platinum!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Diamond is the first Pokemon I played.
I played the others (except for XY) but Sinnoh has a special place in my heart
:´)

Technically 2nd gen, but Heargold/Soulsilver are perfect Pokemon games. Open world, 2 regions, pokeathlon + battle frontier, following Pokemon, freaking Red at Mt. Silver, re-fighting all the gym leaders.

God I love them so much.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Crystal for the win!

Around the Network

Gen 2. It added the major missing functions to the original games. Box information, catch information, clock, & day night cycle. Having both areas in one game, completed the package. All the future games added stuff, sure. But it never was that big of a deal. Gen 3 I personally hated. Since it orphaned the gen 1-2 games from the series. Yeah, the digital copies fixed that. But I want my original carts to work, too. I'd totally buy an amiibo GB cart reader.

G/S/C. Specifically, Silver and SoulSilver.

Emerald or HG/SS

4th gen with Platinum and its Distorsion world.

My favourite gen is the third most assuredly. R/S/E were incredible, music, Pokemon, area design, atmosphere.. They had everything. 3rd also had FR/LG, Colo/XD and started the best spin-offs in the series (PMD); it's a no-brainer that 3rd wins for me.

In saying that however, I would recognise that B2/W2 are the highest quality games in the series, they had so much content, so many Pokemon to catch and a good story. Even if I do love Gen III waaaaaaaay more.