By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite main line Pokemon game?

Tagged games:

What's your favorite Pokemon Gen?

Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow 18 12.16%

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal 43 29.05%

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald 30 20.27%

Pokemon Diamond/Perl/Platinum 27 18.24%

Pokemon Black,/White and Black 2/White 2 17 11.49%

Pokemon X/Y 13 8.78%

Total:148

I see most people agree with my taste of Gen 3 being the best one closley followed by Gen 2 and 4. Suprised to see Gen 1 so unpopular though. And Black/White deserves it being last one lol

Around the Network
spemanig said:
AmericanAli said:

Sooooo.....you basically like all Pokemon Gen's?

I mean, I do, but Platinum, HGSS, and Emerald are my three favorite Pokemon games specifically, which is what I am referring to there.

Same here ^^

5th gen seems like the perfect one imo
Although gen 2,3,4 are not that behind.
1 and 6 are nice, but I feel like they are missing something.

AmericanAli said:
I see most people agree with my taste of Gen 3 being the best one closley followed by Gen 2 and 4. Suprised to see Gen 1 so unpopular though. And Black/White deserves it being last one lol

It's just a factor of time, wait a couple years, open another thread identical to this one and Gen IV will come on the top...

For it's time, Gen IV, but nostalgia aside, whatever the newest game I have is, so 6th gen, Pokemon X, soon to be 7th gen, Pokemon Moon.

Around the Network

5th gen Black 2 is my favorite pkmn game ever.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

5th gen pokemon black and white(black and white 2 is my second favorite after black and white) ,while i have a soft spot for gen 3(ruby,sapphire and emerald) as ruby was my first pokemon game and the game that i put the most hours in, the game that i find myself coming back to now that i got sick of replying the 3rd gen games over and over again is black and white , after playing all the games before it there is something fresh about playing a pokemon game with all new pokemon and an above average story.

Gen V. Black (2)/ White (2) were awesome games and offered alot of stuff to do. Plus having to only be able to catch the brand new Pokémon in BW was pretty great. It made people actually have to learn about the new Pokémon and try them out (something that we didn't really have since the originals).

If I went back and played it now i'm sure my opinion would be different, but I really liked Ruby. It was the last Pokemon title I truly enjoyed. Platinum and Black were garbage in my opinion, but that has more to do with me wanting more out of Pokemon and moving away from the franchise.

While I started with Gen 1, my vote goes to Gen 2 just because of the amount of improvements they made!

Balanced the types.
Added Steel and Dark types.
Crazy amount of new moves added
Genders and breeding
Shiny Pokemon
Built in game clock with a night and day system which changed what Pokemon you'd encounter
More bag space
PC would auto switch to the next box if it was filled
Stats improvements
Included the original Kanto region
Pokemon can now hold items
New Pokeballs