By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite main line Pokemon game?

Tagged games:

What's your favorite Pokemon Gen?

Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow 18 12.16%

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal 43 29.05%

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald 30 20.27%

Pokemon Diamond/Perl/Platinum 27 18.24%

Pokemon Black,/White and Black 2/White 2 17 11.49%

Pokemon X/Y 13 8.78%

Total:148

Gen 2 is definitely my favourite one but Gen 4 comes really close.

Oh and Pokemon X/Y haven't left me a good impression, it's the only main game I was really bored of.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Around the Network

1.-Platinum
2.-Emerald
3.-HeartGold

Those three games are amazing and full of post game content, third versions and remakes are usually better than the first games on each generation.

mZuzek said:
Ruby and Sapphire are leading the poll.

I had never been this disappointed with you, VGChartz. That's a new low.

Dont worry, Gen 2 took back its rightful place as King. 

Seriously though were you really surprised. Most of the Nintendo fans here are older teens or really young 20's who grew up in the GC/GBA era. Thats what they are most nostalgic for.

ktay95 said:
mZuzek said:
Ruby and Sapphire are leading the poll.

I had never been this disappointed with you, VGChartz. That's a new low.

Dont worry, Gen 2 took back its rightful place as King. 

Seriously though were you really surprised. Most of the Nintendo fans here are older teens or really young 20's who grew up in the GC/GBA era. Thats what they are most nostalgic for.

Good point! That might even apply to me ^^

Kai_Mao said:
It's tough, I like all the gens. I would go with II because I had the most success there. Plus, going back to Kanto and facing Red, who you once were, was chilling and exciting.

Gen I was a great start and my childhood, but realistically, it's broken in some ways (damn those Psychics).
Gen III and VI were solid experiences that provided new worlds and new gameplay experiences to the established gameplay.
Gen V and VI were great as well. Creating new energy for me as an older and more experienced gamer. The new Pokemon, the Megas, the graphical evolutions. You can just tell that V was sorta teasing how mainline Pkmn games could potentially be when the environments get out of their 2D overworlds.

Agree. V felt just like a filler or a tease of what awaits us on the 3DS. This is why i am worried about Sun and Moon because a new Pokemon generation also brought new dimensions to the gameplay along by utilizing by new hardware but a new gen on a already existing hardware? Eww i don't know bout that.

Around the Network

Between Gold/Silver and X/Y.

5th gen definitely! It had a great story, added a multitude of pokemon, and a good post game (for a Pokemon game)
I also like how the region/gen can stand on it's own, the Kalos Pokedex has no Pokemon of previous gens in it, it almost feels like a Pokemon franchise reboot. The only downside is Fairy types being nonexistent :(

Woooh! Goooo Gold and Silver! :D

Can't go wrong with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.