By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

Gamemaster87 said:
dongo8 said:

Because they are bringing their new console out sooner? This makes no sense to me, it's going to be an upgrade. What if it winds up being something that is completely irresistable? I think you may be defecting too soon in the game haha

Because they are betraying Wii U owners? They are a bunch of liars. Kimishim asaid that they have many unannounced Wii U games left. He also said that he wants more Splatoon-like games on the Wii U. Iwata said that Nintendo will make Wii U owners happy of owning Wii U and give them what they want. Aonuma said that Zelda will launch exclusively on Wii U. Iwata said that NX won't replace the Wii U. Those were all lies. And I'm not the one who takes lies with humor or fun. If Nintendo lies in my face I will refuse to further support them. Not to mention that the NX will most likely fail even harder than the Wii U since they make the mistake and launch it mid-gen.

I'm done with this company. They can close their doors and I won't care. They can just die now.

That's your choice as a consumer, but all that was standard PR. 

Around the Network

Also the title is a little misleading, Nintendo is ceasing Wii U production within the year not specifically at the end of the year they are hoping to deplete inventory entirely by year end. 

Likely the final Wii U has already been manufactured and has been sitting in a warehouse for a couple of months now. These final units will just be dolled out slowly over the next few months.

This is a surprise to whom? Practically everyone expects the NX to arrive this year.

Gamemaster87 said:
dongo8 said:

Because they are bringing their new console out sooner? This makes no sense to me, it's going to be an upgrade. What if it winds up being something that is completely irresistable? I think you may be defecting too soon in the game haha

Because they are betraying Wii U owners? They are a bunch of liars. Kimishim asaid that they have many unannounced Wii U games left. He also said that he wants more Splatoon-like games on the Wii U. Iwata said that Nintendo will make Wii U owners happy of owning Wii U and give them what they want. Aonuma said that Zelda will launch exclusively on Wii U. Iwata said that NX won't replace the Wii U. Those were all lies. And I'm not the one who takes lies with humor or fun. If Nintendo lies in my face I will refuse to further support them. Not to mention that the NX will most likely fail even harder than the Wii U since they make the mistake and launch it mid-gen.

I'm done with this company. They can close their doors and I won't care. They can just die now.

Just because I feel like counter-pointing your points, I'm pretty sure Kimishima said many more unannounced 3DS titles, not Wii U. He did say he would like more titles like Splatoon on the system, I give you that. As far as Wii U owners being happy, how can they be upset? I mean the 3 year life sucks, but the games that they created for the system? Grade A for the most part, some of the best that they have produced in their respective game sequence maybe ever. Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker, Smash Bros, Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Monster Hunter, Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Donkey Kong: TF, and soon to come Star Fox Zero/Starfox Guard, and Zelda Wii U. I truly cannot complain and am definitely ready to move on. So many great games in such a short amount of time, and that's not including all of the VC and eShop games that have come along. Just saying, I think you're jumping the gun a bit.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Wyrdness said:
This is a surprise to whom? Practically everyone expects the NX to arrive this year.

There is a fairly vocal contingent on this board that was yelling and screaming that Nintendo would not end Wii U by year 4. 

Hopefully this is the nail in that coffin because it's basically what every NX thread devolved into. 

Around the Network

This would honestly make me not want to support Nintendo anymore.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Gamemaster87 said:

Iwata said NX would not be just a standard replacement of the platforms, he didn't say NX wasn't replacing them, many unaanounced games is standard PR and also doesn't mean games on the level of Zelda and such. 

Guess it was inevitable.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

So Wii U's LTD in the end will be what? Like 13-14 million?

Nintendo probably doesn't have more than 1 million (and even that would be a lot) of Wii U inventory, and once that's gone ... that's basically it, so Wii U will be the first Nintendo console to not get to 15 million even, unless you count Virtual Boy.

Gamemaster87 said:
dongo8 said:

They also lied back in 2004 when they said DS wouldnt replace GBA, did that anger you as well?

Companies lie, all of them, get over it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.