By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

zorg1000 said:
ps4tw said:

Which I have done numerous times by stating it's very popular, been heavily invested in, and Nintendo currently doesn't really have any other viable market options. They could try to mix it up with a different type of pad, but as the Wii U and steam controller have shown, people are more than happy with existing controllers. And if they just focus on power, they would have a lot of catching up to do in terms of online community take up and first party IPs that appeal to people who care about specs.

No, you haven't, it being very popular (based on pre-orders) and being heavily invested in are not reasons why its Nintendo's only option.

Do you know what else is very popular and has billions invested in it? Smart Watches, if Nintendo doesnt incorporate heavy Smartwatch integration with future devices are they doomed?

Do you know what was very popular and had billions  invested in it a few years ago? 3D, from movies to TVs to Blu-Ray players, even PS3 had 3D compatibility. Nintendo decided to incorporate it as well and it didnt seem to help them out much at all.

Basically the reasons you gave mean nothing.

Read the part in bold again, followed by the rest of that paragraph. 

Smart watches are not related to the gaming market, so your argument is redundant....

I've covered 3D already - it had very bad feedback from customers, something VR currently does not have, and in fact has universally recieved high praise. 

So, what do you think Nintendo should do?

Around the Network
ps4tw said:
zorg1000 said:

No, you haven't, it being very popular (based on pre-orders) and being heavily invested in are not reasons why its Nintendo's only option.

Do you know what else is very popular and has billions invested in it? Smart Watches, if Nintendo doesnt incorporate heavy Smartwatch integration with future devices are they doomed?

Do you know what was very popular and had billions  invested in it a few years ago? 3D, from movies to TVs to Blu-Ray players, even PS3 had 3D compatibility. Nintendo decided to incorporate it as well and it didnt seem to help them out much at all.

Basically the reasons you gave mean nothing.

Smart watches are not related to the gaming market, so your argument is redundant....

I've covered 3D already - it had very bad feedback from customers, something VR currently does not have, and in fact has universally recieved high praise. 

"You are the one that made the bold claim that Nintendo is doomed if they dont heavily invest in VR so it is on you to show us why that is the only viable option, which you have yet to do."

That is what i said in my last post, responding with what you said in bold is not an answer.

Me: why is VR the only viable option?

You: because VR is the only viable option

That is basically how our conversation is going, your not explaining anything.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CGI-Quality said:
ps4tw said:

Sure thing, but can people then stop being patronising throwing around condescending remarks such as "the PS3 Wii different market magic card argument" - there's a line between opinion and fact that people here are not respecting, which massively limits the quality of conversation.

As do the put downs.

As a side note, would you be willing to moderate posts/gently push posters into the right direction if they try arguing with facts? Or is that beyond what the mod team is setup to do?

zorg1000 said:
ps4tw said:

"You are the one that made the bold claim that Nintendo is doomed if they dont heavily invest in VR so it is on you to show us why that is the only viable option, which you have yet to do."

That is what i said in my last post, responding with what you said in bold is not an answer.

"Nintendo currently doesn't really have any other viable market options. They could try to mix it up with a different type of pad, but as the Wii U and steam controller have shown, people are more than happy with existing controllers. And if they just focus on power, they would have a lot of catching up to do in terms of online community take up and first party IPs that appeal to people who care about specs."

How does that not answer your question? I'm saying VR is the only viable option because they have NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE as shown above, and current market trends suggest VR is going to be the next big thing in gaming.

SpokenTruth said:
ps4tw said:

As a side note, would you be willing to moderate posts/gently push posters into the right direction if they try arguing with facts? Or is that beyond what the mod team is setup to do?

You know, he could moderate us all for being off topic.

Why not start a new specifically about Nintendo requiring VR to survive?

Good idea.

ps4tw said:
zorg1000 said:

"Nintendo currently doesn't really have any other viable market options. They could try to mix it up with a different type of pad, but as the Wii U and steam controller have shown, people are more than happy with existing controllers. And if they just focus on power, they would have a lot of catching up to do in terms of online community take up and first party IPs that appeal to people who care about specs."

How does that not answer your question? I'm saying VR is the only viable option because they have NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE as shown above, and current market trends suggest VR is going to be the next big thing in gaming.

As shown above doesnt go over virtually any other options so no you have not explained at all how other options are not viable. You have literally explained in zero detail why other options do not work.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.