By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

ps4tw said:
curl-6 said:

No offense, but your screen name is 'ps4tw', and your entire posting history is one of bashing Nintendo and praising Sony, to the point of pulling the old "PS3 won the 7th gen because the Wii magically doesn't count" card in 2016, so you really can't blame people for considering you biased.

The fact you go and say "pulling the old "PS3 won the 7th gen because the Wii magically doesn't count" card in 2016,"  shows your understanding of markets is no greater than console forum bashing. What's your day job? It seems to be painfully apparent a lot of people here are armchair experts in market positioning, but have not once actually either studied or worked in an actual business that deals with such things... 

Your profound pro-Sony and anti-Nintendo bias is clearly evident in everything from your posting history to your screen name. This isn't about markets, or professions, it's about your apparent inability to accept that your favoured product got outsold by a product you don't like.

Around the Network

Are we expecting a costly VR future to be adopted this year? Because if so, I think we live in a different reality.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

VR is pretty expensive to adopt $460 for the psvr and $600 for the oculus. Not including the systems.

Pavolink said:
Are we expecting a costly VR future to be adopted this year? Because if so, I think we live in a different reality.

But its getting good feedback and has billions of dollars invested in it!!!!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Pavolink said:

But its getting good feedback and has billions of dollars invested in it!!!!!!!

I understand you are sarcastic, but the fact that maybe someone believes that is fascinating. VR is an interesting future that it's currently costly and masses will not adopt that easly with the current situation.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

i simply think you are wrong that VR is the only viable option for Nintendo to take.

So I'm wrong because...? 

curl-6 said:
ps4tw said:

The fact you go and say "pulling the old "PS3 won the 7th gen because the Wii magically doesn't count" card in 2016,"  shows your understanding of markets is no greater than console forum bashing. What's your day job? It seems to be painfully apparent a lot of people here are armchair experts in market positioning, but have not once actually either studied or worked in an actual business that deals with such things... 

Your profound pro-Sony and anti-Nintendo bias is clearly evident in everything from your posting history to your screen name. This isn't about markets, or professions, it's about your apparent inability to accept that your favoured product got outsold by a product you don't like.

The issue is your lack of education on the topic - claiming the Wii and PS360 were in the same markets is the same as claiming Aston Martin and Ford are in the same markets. Each to their own, but I'll take my years of business experience and qualifcations over your self-proclaimed armchair expertise. 

ps4tw said:
zorg1000 said:

i simply think you are wrong that VR is the only viable option for Nintendo to take.

So I'm wrong because...? 

You are the one that made the bold claim that Nintendo is doomed if they dont heavily invest in VR so it is on you to show us why that is the only viable option, which you have yet to do.

Pre-order numbers & positive feedback in no way, shape or form explains why Nintendo is doomed by going any other route.

If you make bold outlandish claims than you have to back them up, not proclaim that you are corrent until proven wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ps4tw said:

The issue is your lack of education on the topic - claiming the Wii and PS360 were in the same markets is the same as claiming Aston Martin and Ford are in the same markets. Each to their own, but I'll take my years of business experience and qualifcations over your self-proclaimed armchair expertise. 

Come on man...

Get off you high chair. It is getting annoying.

Nobody cares about your expertise, this is a videogame forum for Christ sakes.

zorg1000 said:
ps4tw said:

So I'm wrong because...? 

You are the one that made the bold claim that Nintendo is doomed if they dont heavily invest in VR so it is on you to show us why that is the only viable option, which you have yet to do.

Pre-order numbers & positive feedback in no way, shape or form explains why Nintendo is doomed by going any other route.

If you make bold outlandish claims than you have to back them up, not proclaim that you are corrent until proven wrong.

Which I have done numerous times by stating it's very popular, been heavily invested in, and Nintendo currently doesn't really have any other viable market options. They could try to mix it up with a different type of pad, but as the Wii U and steam controller have shown, people are more than happy with existing controllers. And if they just focus on power, they would have a lot of catching up to do in terms of online community take up and first party IPs that appeal to people who care about specs.

CGI-Quality said:
Alright, I've seen/read enough.... ps4tw - I'm not against your experience, but we don't need to hear about it again. Do not put anyone else down (it's happened quite a bit in here).

Sure thing, but can people then stop being patronising throwing around condescending remarks such as "the PS3 Wii different market magic card argument" - there's a line between opinion and fact that people here are not respecting, which massively limits the quality of conversation.

ps4tw said:
zorg1000 said:

Which I have done numerous times by stating it's very popular, been heavily invested in, and Nintendo currently doesn't really have any other viable market options. They could try to mix it up with a different type of pad, but as the Wii U and steam controller have shown, people are more than happy with existing controllers. And if they just focus on power, they would have a lot of catching up to do in terms of online community take up and first party IPs that appeal to people who care about specs.

No, you haven't, it being very popular (based on pre-orders) and being heavily invested in are not reasons why its Nintendo's only option.

Do you know what else is very popular and has billions invested in it? Smart Watches, if Nintendo doesnt incorporate heavy Smartwatch integration with future devices are they doomed?

Do you know what was very popular and had billions  invested in it a few years ago? 3D, from movies to TVs to Blu-Ray players, even PS3 had 3D compatibility. Nintendo decided to incorporate it as well and it didnt seem to help them out much at all.

Basically the reasons you gave mean nothing.