By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Bundle Sells Out Within 4 Minutes On Amazon

Aura7541 said:
MortienGerrux said:

1) Doesn't matter. Reinterpolation is the same wherever you use it. By far the most "journalistic" say the headtracking on the Vive is the best.

2) I can say the same about PC's. What about the people that play on WiiU or Xbox One?

3) Oculus Rift/HTC Vive MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output (Released June 22, 2006)
2x USB 3.0 ports (Released November 2008)
Windows 7 SP1 or newer

The rest depends on the game you want to run. A 400$ PC will be capapble of delievering the same experience in indie games like No Man Sky.

1. Yes, it does. Proof By Assertion is not a valid argument. Other people's firsthand experience with PSVR trumps your lack of experience with PSVR 24/7.
2. So are there as many people how have Oculus/Vive capable PCs as PS4s? Are there as many PC owners who already have the camera/Move equivalents?
3. If you're going to show the minimum requirements, show all of them. You're technically lying by omission. But let's put that aside, what about more intensive games? After all, indie games aren't the only types of games that will be on VR.

1) I haven't tried PSVR yet but I do know that if I set my DK2 to 60hz It's literally unplayable.

2) I wouldn't really know. As long as the device has a HDMI 1.3 and two USB 3.0 ports it CAN RUN THE HEADSET. It's just a display, not special until you run a game on it. Intel HD graphics will be able to run some very basic games like Skyrim or Fallout 3.

3) So you are trying to compare the graphically intesive games on the PC versus the games on the PSVR? Oculus recommends a GTX 970 or a R9 290 for the more graphically intensive games.

Example:

Has HDMI 1.3 output or higher 

Has Windows 7 or higher 

Has USB 3.0 

Can it run the VR headset? Yes. 

Price: $267.89 @ Amazon

Around the Network

F......

I never even got an email it was in stock.

Nintyfan90 said:
Ruler said:

VR is already a success for Sony what ever people want to admit it or not. They allready make money with it.

No.

Yes

MortienGerrux said:
Aura7541 said:

1. Yes, it does. Proof By Assertion is not a valid argument. Other people's firsthand experience with PSVR trumps your lack of experience with PSVR 24/7.
2. So are there as many people how have Oculus/Vive capable PCs as PS4s? Are there as many PC owners who already have the camera/Move equivalents?
3. If you're going to show the minimum requirements, show all of them. You're technically lying by omission. But let's put that aside, what about more intensive games? After all, indie games aren't the only types of games that will be on VR.

1) I haven't tried PSVR yet but I do know that if I set my DK2 to 60hz It's literally unplayable.

2) I wouldn't really know. As long as the device has a HDMI 1.3 and two USB 3.0 ports it CAN RUN THE HEADSET. It's just a display, not special until you run a game on it. Intel HD graphics will be able to run some very basic games like Skyrim or Fallout 3.

3) So you are trying to compare the graphically intesive games on the PC versus the games on the PSVR? Oculus recommends a GTX 970 or a R9 290 for the more graphically intensive games.

1. Another Red Herring as you failed to address how reinterpolation doesn't work.

2. You're going off-track as my original point was that you have to take into existing PS4 owners into account, where there are approximately 40 millioin of them currently. Oh, and the answer to my 2nd question is no. The Move has been around for ages with the PS4 camera being in the market since the PS4's launch. The Oculus and Vive equivalents aren't out yet, in contrast.

3. Oh, so now you mention the other requirements. However, can a $400 PC run graphically intensive games as well as or better than the PSVR? Can I get a PC with the GTX 970 or R9 290 for around the same price as a PS4?

the-pi-guy said:
MortienGerrux said:

1.)  Yet your GearVR works fine at 60 hz.  PSVR is all 90 hz/ 120 hz.  So you don't have to worry about that.

60hz is not the greatest experience, but you pay for what you get. It can atleast, run every single game you wish when connected to your PC with TrinusVR.

So all you need, is a micro-usb cable, your smartphone, and a plastic headset (ranging from 10$ for plastic ones to 100$ for GearVR)

Like I said, mobile VR will be the only mainstream VR way for a few years now, the others are way to expensive for the general public.

The PSVR/Oculus Rift/HTC Vive will only sell for the hardcore gamers, for bussniesses that use VR for simulation, and for game developers.

Around the Network

I got mine right at 10:01. I wasn't messing around this morning.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Aura7541 said:

ow you mention the other requirements. However, can a $400 PC run graphically intensive games as well as or better than the PSVR? Can I get a PC with the GTX 970 or R9 290 for around the same price as a PS4?

You can get a 400$ PC that destroys the PS4 in hardware. Not to mention the new Pascal/Polaris graphics cards aren't even out yet.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($172.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Micro Center) 

Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 500W ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $399.83

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-22 19:02 EDT-0400

Digital Foundry video with results for the R9 380 4GB:

Moonhero said:
I got mine right at 10:01. I wasn't messing around this morning.

How? The option wasn't even available...

So how many were available to begin with?

still available on gamestop and best buy

only sold out on amazon

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick