By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Bundle Sells Out Within 4 Minutes On Amazon

MortienGerrux said:

Aura7541 said:

ow you mention the other requirements. However, can a $400 PC run graphically intensive games as well as or better than the PSVR? Can I get a PC with the GTX 970 or R9 290 for around the same price as a PS4?

-

Where's the OS? How much does it cost to get Windows 10?

And destroys the PS4 by how much? Is it enough to justify paying an extra $50 for a PC sans OS over getting a PS4 bundle?

Around the Network
MortienGerrux said:

1440P 60hz on the Gear VR for 99$

vs

1080P 60hz (reprojection with fake frames doesn't do much, look at TV's) on the PSVR for 499$

vs

1200P 90hz on the Oculus Rift/HTC Vive for 599$ or 799$ 

Gear VR is not $99 LOL + $699 for the phone you need in order to use it top kek.

reprojection on TV is much different as there is no sensor information that gets processed. Besides VR is right ontop of your eyes so it is a lot more noticable.

PSVR is not 60hz the monitor is native 90hz and native 120hz.

So you will never get 60hz flickering. You are willfully ignorant to how these things actually work. 

Even the way you call it "fake frames" which is a false statement, is a very biased way of putting it as if you are trying to downplay what PSVR is capable of.

Even the lower res on PSVR you are putting up next to the other as if it is a bad thing. You are not mentioning that its RGB and that it has a significant amount of extra subpixels + smaller screendoor effect due to it.

You also put PSVR as $499 instead of $399. You only did this so you could say "well $399 you don't get everything you need" but the problem here is you get MORE than what you need as well with $499... You might aswell just put it as $459 if you feel the need to do that.

You might aswell put PSVR at $349 + $459 because you need the base PS4 system aswell if you wan't everything you need.

ofc you won't do this because then you need to add the extra $1000 to both Oculus and HTC vive and that would look bad. 

You aren't being paid for this are you?

Aura7541 said:
MortienGerrux said:

-

Where's the OS? How much does it cost to get Windows 10?

And destroys the PS4 by how much? Is it enough to justify paying an extra $50 for a PC sans OS over getting a PS4 bundle?

Where is 6-7 years of PS+? Where is the extra 20-30$ you pay for new releases?

But okay:

PS4 GPU: 1152 stream processors @ 800Mhz

R9 380 4GB: 1792 stream processors @ 1000Mhz

Windows 10 key 28.59$: http://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

PwerlvlAmy said:
still available on gamestop and best buy

only sold out on amazon

Its because you can cancel at any time with Amazon...

sabvre42 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
still available on gamestop and best buy

only sold out on amazon

u can do it with gamestop as well

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
MortienGerrux said:
the-pi-guy said:

Why are you deriding VR when it comes to PSVR, but being pro VR when it comes to PCVR?  

Because I think VR won't work well in a closed platform, and people will get a bad impression for it. 
I own a DK2 myself and a GearVr for my S6.

Your knowledge is too meager to make this kind of assumption.

There are a lot of people who have tried PSVR. Who know better than you. And so far the previews are positive. For example...

Battlezone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Ra24FLgzE

Project Morpheus DEMO - EVE: Valkyrie

https://youtu.be/z44mKwHav3w

Especially a remark made in the second video is revealing (0:19). It's consistent with other statements, saying PSVR is clearly superior to the OR HD DevKit (DK2).

Hunting Season is done...

Yofc you won't do this because then you need to add the extra $1000 to both Oculus and HTC vive and that would look bad. 

So, you want to say I'm biased, yet you are the one who says you need a 1000$ PC just to turn the VR headset on? When I showed a 400$ PC that outperforms the PS4 by 60-70%? Maybe read my other posts aswell.

Especially a remark made in the second video is revealing (0:19). It's consistent with other statements, saying PSVR is clearly superior to the OR HD DevKit (DK2).

Does it run at 60hz, 90hz or 120hz on the PSVR?

MortienGerrux said:

Yofc you won't do this because then you need to add the extra $1000 to both Oculus and HTC vive and that would look bad. 

So, you want to say I'm biased, yet you are the one who says you need a 1000$ PC just to turn the VR headset on? When I showed a 400$ PC that outperforms the PS4 by 60-70%? Maybe read my other posts aswell.

I can show you actual devs saying ps4 outperforms equal spec pc by 60% and they are 3rd party.

Imagine what the 1st party studios could do.

PwerlvlAmy said:
sabvre42 said:

u can do it with gamestop as well

But thats gamestop... ick..