By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Bundle Sells Out Within 4 Minutes On Amazon

the-pi-guy said:
MortienGerrux said:

Yes. Not everybody has 500$ for a gimmick. People think 300$ for a console is already too much.

Have YOU tried VR out yet?

Why are you deriding VR when it comes to PSVR, but being pro VR when it comes to PCVR?  

Because I think VR won't work well in a closed platform, and people will get a bad impression for it. 
I own a DK2 myself and a GearVr for my S6.

Around the Network
MortienGerrux said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Have you been following PSVR at all or are you here just for the shits and giggles?

Yes. Not everybody has 500$ for a gimmick. People think 300$ for a console is already too much.

Not to the ~40 million people who already have a PS4, so what's your point?

And to answer your question, have you tried out PSVR? For someone who's quite confident in that it is a gimmick, surely you already have first hand experience with it.

Aura7541 said:
MortienGerrux said:

And to answer your question, have you tried out PSVR? For someone who's quite confident in that it is a gimmick, surely you already have first hand experience with it.

I like how half of the people here praise it, or even pre-order it, when they haven't ever touched VR.

I think it's a gimmick, because the PS4 is just to weak to do proper VR. 90hz is the bare minimum for VR. The PSVR will run most games at 60hz and reinterpolate them to 90hz or 120hz.

People talk about how cheap PSVR is, when in fact, it's only 100$ cheaper then the Oculus. Also there are headsets cheaper then the Vive like the OSVR from Razer at 350$

Like I said, getting a plastic headset (ranging from 20$ for Chinese ones on Amazon to 99$ for the GearVR) will be *THE ONLY* mainstream VR solution so far.

Need this bundle in uk, minus camera.

MortienGerrux said:
Aura7541 said:

I like how half of the people here praise it, or even pre-order it, when they haven't ever touched VR.

I think it's a gimmick, because the PS4 is just to weak to do proper VR. 90hz is the bare minimum for VR. The PSVR will run most games at 60hz and reinterpolate them to 90hz or 120hz.

@Bolded. Red herring fallacy. It would behoove you to actually answer the question rather than skirting around it.

@2nd Bolded. Thinking is not a valid enough argument, especially since you haven't tried PSVR firsthand. If you want to criticize people praising PSVR when they haven't touched VR, then a similar standard should be applied to you, as well.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
MortienGerrux said:

I have tried GearVR at a retailer.  

The refresh rate for the GearVR is 60 Hz.  

Additionally, PSVR games won't be reprojected to 90 hz.  If it's at 90 hz, it's running natively at that.  

90/120 hz games will run natively at those frame rates.

60 hz games are the minimum, these ones are reprojected to 120 hz.  

1440P 60hz on the Gear VR for 99$

vs

1080P 60hz (reprojection with fake frames doesn't do much, look at TV's) on the PSVR for 499$

vs

1200P 90hz on the Oculus Rift/HTC Vive for 599$ or 799$ 

MortienGerrux said:
Aura7541 said:

People talk about how cheap PSVR is, when in fact, it's only 100$ cheaper then the Oculus. Also there are headsets cheaper then the Vive like the OSVR from Razer at 350$

Are you a developer (even non game)? I get a strong feeling that you are simply on a war path and are making statements off anti ps4 propoganda.

MortienGerrux said:
the-pi-guy said:

I have tried GearVR at a retailer.  

The refresh rate for the GearVR is 60 Hz.  

Additionally, PSVR games won't be reprojected to 90 hz.  If it's at 90 hz, it's running natively at that.  

90/120 hz games will run natively at those frame rates.

60 hz games are the minimum, these ones are reprojected to 120 hz.  

vs

1080P 60hz (reprojection with fake frames doesn't do much, look at TV's) on the PSVR for 499$

vs

1. PSVR isn't a TV screen, so false equivalency. Why should I trust your judgement when impressions from journalists say otherwise?
2. You need to take into account for customers who already have the PS4 camera and/or Moves.
3. You need to take into account how much it costs to get a PS4 vs. how much it costs to get a PC capable of running Oculus Rift/HTC Vive. You also need to take into account that you need to buy a smartphone to use Gear VR.

Aura7541 said:
MortienGerrux said:

vs

vs

1. PSVR isn't a TV screen, so false equivalency. Why should I trust your judgement when impressions from journalists say otherwise?
2. You need to take into account for customers who already have the PS4 camera and/or Moves.
3. You need to take into account how much it costs to get a PS4 vs. how much it costs to get a PC capable of running Oculus Rift/HTC Vive. You also need to take into account that you need to buy a smartphone to use Gear VR.

1) Doesn't matter. Reinterpolation is the same wherever you use it. By far the most "journalists " say the headtracking on the Vive is the best.

2) I can say the same about PC's. What about the people that play on WiiU or Xbox One?

3) Oculus Rift/HTC Vive MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output (Released June 2006)
2x USB 3.0 ports (Released November 2008)
Windows 7 SP1 or newer

The rest depends on the game you want to run. A 400$ PC will be capable of delivering the same experience in indie games like No Man Sky but will obviously not be able to run games like GTA 5 at 90FPS unless you want to play on the minimum settings.

MortienGerrux said:
Aura7541 said:

1) Doesn't matter. Reinterpolation is the same wherever you use it. By far the most "journalistic" say the headtracking on the Vive is the best.

2) I can say the same about PC's. What about the people that play on WiiU or Xbox One?

3) Oculus Rift/HTC Vive MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output (Released June 22, 2006)
2x USB 3.0 ports (Released November 2008)
Windows 7 SP1 or newer

The rest depends on the game you want to run. A 400$ PC will be capapble of delievering the same experience in indie games like No Man Sky.

1. Yes, it does. Proof By Assertion is not a valid argument. Other people's firsthand experience with PSVR trumps your lack of experience with PSVR 24/7.
2. So are there as many people how have Oculus/Vive capable PCs as PS4s? Are there as many PC owners who already have the camera/Move equivalents? Oh, and mentioning the Wii U and the XB1 is a Red Herring.
3. If you're going to show the minimum requirements, show all of them. You're technically lying by omission. But let's put that aside, what about more intensive games? After all, indie games aren't the only types of games that will be on VR.