By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best VR headset, after a week at GDC - Gizmag

Tagged games:

sabvre42 said:
Vasto said:
What I don't like about Rift is that it comes with Xbox One controller for $600 but I already have 2 of those. Can I buy the Rift with no controller for say $550?

I think you mean "what i don't like about VR" right? Right? I mean you did make that whole thread about how shitty VR was and all....

Aren't you still afraid of someone molesting your dog because you are disconnected from the world?

Nope, because I was right.

Vive placed a camera on the headset so you can still see whats going on in the real world. 

I called it.

Around the Network
Panama said:
The more I read about VR in general, the less interested I get. Sounds like Motion controls back in 2006. Huge initial buzz, then died off after a few years.

I hope the pointer functionality of the wiimotes and the psmove controllers can make a comeback. They're great for shooters.

On a related note, gyroaiming should become a thing: it works great in Splatoon.

The move is the most accurate tracking experience I have had. I'm guessing they didn't hook it up/set up properly.

I used it for shooting games all the time, and can vouch for the accuracy. It's hard to believe in an article the counters your personal experience.

The games might be the problem, I highly doubt the move is worse than it was on the PS3.

Someone is talking about how good move works in games they had tryed.. thats not the point..

When talking VR.. its all about how much latency inside the VR.. (how many milliseconds)

I will not say anything.. and until we get more news from other.. I will not make up my mind about Move/VR.. but it do sounds a litle beliveble that motion sensors from 2010.. mayby not is as good as some made in 2016.

Protendo said:
The move is the most accurate tracking experience I have had. I'm guessing they didn't hook it up/set up properly.

I used it for shooting games all the time, and can vouch for the accuracy. It's hard to believe in an article the counters your personal experience.

The games might be the problem, I highly doubt the move is worse than it was on the PS3.

Another questionnable thing the reviewer did was just not compare it to other PSVR games that uses the move games, specifically games that were actually made for both PSVR and the PS move controllers(The Heist, Until dawn rush of blood, and others). He also ignored the factthat the PSVR doesn't even need the PS Move and judged it entirely based on the performance of those games that poorly implemented the motion controllers.

Around the Network

Gaming PC for Oculus Rift - ~$950+

Gaming PC for HTC Vive - ~$950+

Since when do all games require the same amount of power on PC?

400$ VR READY PC:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($172.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Micro Center) 

Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 500W ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $399.83

650$ VR READY PC:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.89 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($33.88 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.98 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Micro Center) 

Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 500W ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $647.71

I don't care about motion controls, so I'm ok with PSVR.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Is this face trustworthy to you? Looks like a pedophile. Would explain why he's writing for jizzmag.

The user was moderated for this post - VXIII.

OdinHades said:
I don't care about motion controls, so I'm ok with PSVR.

Then get a GearVR lol.

Remote play > GearVR = Win/Win and you are saving about 400$

What was their thinking when they said PSVR couldn't even win on value.
The complaining about the move seemed more to do with the controllers age , I'm sure if they had better motion sensing they would on sell it, it seems to me that Sony when prototyping PSVR would have compared moves performance on non VR games against the types of VR games that would use motion controls and come to a conclusion, and that in this case is the move does the job it called on to do.

What would they have said if Sony had said no you need these new PSVR motion controllers , probably why can't we use our moves , not one word was said about calibration or early software ,or we have contacted Sony about this and are waiting on their reply.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot