By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best VR headset, after a week at GDC - Gizmag

Tagged games:

fleischr said:
the-pi-guy said:

But hey, let's look at a bad implementation and call the whole thing broken.  

So why are the bad implementations showcased?

What? Since when do hardware manufacturers can prevent software makers from showing their own software? Even if it runs in their hardware...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Having this pic in mind, I have to say that "crappy" move controllers depend on the game and it's developer; and not on the move controller per-se.

I have move controllers and I am more confident in my own assessment on the matter than in this reviewer opinion, and based on that i will buy PSVR if after i try the headset, i find it inside the expectations i have about it. I'm really interested and i think i will pre order it and if i try it and find it below expectations, will cancel the pre order. But right now, i feel quite confident in the quality of the experience.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Azzanation said:
No Surprise. You pay for what you get.

This! PlayStation VR will have the worst experience, especialy with those ancient Move Controllers ;)

Nate4Drake said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Lol. Look at all these warriors defending the PSVR.

PSVR doesn't need to be defended, it will offer a very good experience; too bad nothing is available on X1 and WiiU though...

You can defend PlayStation VR as long as you want, but it nothing change that PlayStation VR will have the worst VR experience, especially with those ancient Move Controllers! You get what you pay for, deal with it ;) 

The user was warned for this post - VXIII.

Around the Network

It certainly makes me re-think about purchasing. Regardless, I'm not gonna purchase it day one. Gonna let it play out then jump into VR.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

TH-Work said:
Nate4Drake said:

PSVR doesn't need to be defended, it will offer a very good experience; too bad nothing is available on X1 and WiiU though...

You can defend PlayStation VR as long as you want, but it nothing change that PlayStation VR will have the worst VR experience, especially with those ancient Move Controllers! You get what you pay for, deal with it ;) 

I will buy PSVR on Day one, and not buying anything else, because I believe it will deliver more than its competitors; and I agree, I will deal with this.  Can't wait.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
Goatseye said:
It looks like the definite VR experience is between HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.

Too expensive, it will never take-off in the near future; on the other side, you will have a lot more support for PS4, and in the end it will be the best experience.

The original Kinect sold what.. 20 million.. and yet still got crappy support GAME wise(or horribly tacked on support)..  beause it was a crappy experience overall.  I can see the SAME exact thing happening with PS VR.  Selling more DOES NOT mean it will get more support or offer the BEST experience.  

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Your opinion is just like all the other opinions = an opinion; let's wait and see. But for me PSVR will be Day One. This is the only fact here.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

None of these really make me feel like I need one, but least with Sony the price of entry is such I wouldn't feel as bad if it doesn't work out. Feeling tepid about VR before trying it makes it hard to rationalize over $1000 investment for the experience.