Oculus Rift - X360
HTC Vive - PS3
PlayStation VR - Wii

The Wii was broken at launch?

Oh what game did you try?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
kowenicki said:
"We aren't rooting against Sony's system. If its level of overall user-friendliness was similar to that of the Rift and Vive, it could make for the perfect mass adoption VR system. Unfortunately it's currently broken, with no signs that Sony is going to fix it before its October launch. If you're pre-ordering PSVR, you've been warned"

That's strong stuff.

kowenicki said:

The Wii was broken at launch?

By the standards of this article, the Wii was absolutely broken.  

The headset itself is reportedly great.  I've seen a lot of people describe it as the most comfortable headset. 

A lot of people have been complaining about the move controller as of late, despite the fact that even on the PS3 it was dependent on the game.  There were and are games that use Move that work fantastically and others that don't work so well.  The controller is 1:1 when used properly.  

But hey, let's look at a bad implementation and call the whole thing broken.  

Haha, that's a really cool Gif.

As for the bold, yeah, that shouldn't be all that surprising.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

What I don't like about Rift is that it comes with Xbox One controller for $600 but I already have 2 of those. Can I buy the Rift with no controller for say $550?

kowenicki said:
Normchacho said:

PSVR is broken because one or two previews didn't like it's optional motion controllers? Well, whatever makes you happy Kow...

hey dont shoot the messenger.

I dont see this kind of defence in say.... the QB preview thread.

There's a QB preview thread? You just point me to it and I'll go be sure that nobody says it's broken garbage because of one bad preview of an optional acessory.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

don't care about if move tracks bad or not. the vr games i'm interested in will primarily be played sitting in a chair with a controller in hand anyway. headtracking has to work.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Normchacho said:

There's a QB preview thread? You just point me to it and I'll go be sure that nobody says it's broken garbage because of one bad preview of an optional acessory.

It doesnt say broken garbage.  I dont think it was broken garbage, I dont know.  I have no idea.  But I dont think the previewer is lying about his experience or is an incompetent fool.  Do you?

If this article had said PSVR was the best then I'm sure it would have been universally praised by you and most here as a very insightful and detailed preview that people should read.

You have to take all previews onboard, some will be good, others will be bad. To only believe or give countenance to the good ones smacks of having an agenda or outright bias.

I think you have this backwards. You're the one who said it was broken based on just one preview. I actually pointed out how silly it was to make such a claim off of only one preview.

I never even said anything bad about the preivew, it is insightful and I think people should read it. It's just also important not to take it as gospel as it is only one preview.

Though, I do keep hearing that Golem isn't very good.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Goatseye said:
It looks like the definite VR experience is between HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.

Too expensive, it will never take-off in the near future; on the other side, you will have a lot more support for PS4, and in the end it will be the best experience.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

The problem with this "preview", the "previewer" is making a final judgement on a non-final product.

"And until its controller concerns are remedied, it's hard to get excited about using the same shit-wands, only in a larger playing space."

"Unfortunately it's currently broken, with no signs that Sony is going to fix it before its October launch. If you're pre-ordering PSVR, you've been warned."

Although it's work-in-progress and previewers like..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci5R6LNJQcE (Hint: At 2:49 some short footage of Capcoms "Kitchen")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq5VVnsQgB8

..don't state anything similar.

Not saying there are no issues with PS Move. But claiming its broken at launch is just wrong when there is half a year till the hardware is available.

Hunting Season is done...

Nate4Drake said:
Goatseye said:
It looks like the definite VR experience is between HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.

Too expensive, it will never take-off in the near future; on the other side, you will have a lot more support for PS4, and in the end it will be the best experience.

Well I didn't say the cheapest but the definite. The comparisons on the media on VR capabilities put Oculus and Vive on a far higher level.

That's what my comment is about. "Wills" is conversation for futurologists, I don't do that.

Lol. Look at all these warriors defending the PSVR.

The user was moderated for this post - VXIII.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.