By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things in Zelda that need to change

You are wrong with 2 and 3. 2 is solved when you discover/unlock shortcuts. I can remember some, and in SS is basically solved.

In reference to 3, Zelda games are already easy and you want to make it easier? Worst suggestion ever.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

4. Empty Overworlds

Yes, there's initally a sense of majestic adventure to galloping across Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess or Ocarina, or soaring through the clouds in Skyward Sword, but this starts to wear off as the game goes on and it becomes clear that there's just not enough density of content in these areas. Yes, there are points of interest; enemies, collectables, etc, but they are widely spread across what is mostly empty space. I'd love to see a world that is teeming with wildlife, NPCs, roaming mini-bosses, and mini-dungeons.

I always thought skyward sword was almost too dense with its content, perhaps not in the sky area but definitely on the ground.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Cloudman said:

I don't get why people want to get rid of the puzzles though. That's part of the joy that comes from Zelda. Being given a puzzle, trying to solve it, and when you do, you just get a feel of satisfaction. Without it, what would you do in dungeons; beat enemies until you get a key, or just place the key in the room to pick up? I think some of the dungeons in TP had this problem, which may be why I don't really like it.

Yep, I agree. I like entering a room and solving a puzzle, running through the dungeon killing enemies is not rewarding for me. I just feel they need to change puzzle-solving, because when you're playing Zelda, if you have experience with the franchise, you really know how puzzles work on the next games. They kind of did something like that in Spirit Tracks, which feel pretty different regarding puzzles. 

Volterra_90 said:
Cloudman said:

I don't get why people want to get rid of the puzzles though. That's part of the joy that comes from Zelda. Being given a puzzle, trying to solve it, and when you do, you just get a feel of satisfaction. Without it, what would you do in dungeons; beat enemies until you get a key, or just place the key in the room to pick up? I think some of the dungeons in TP had this problem, which may be why I don't really like it.

Yep, I agree. I like entering a room and solving a puzzle, running through the dungeon killing enemies is not rewarding for me. I just feel they need to change puzzle-solving, because when you're playing Zelda, if you have experience with the franchise, you really know how puzzles work on the next games. They kind of did something like that in Spirit Tracks, which feel pretty different regarding puzzles. 

Also SS had neat new puzzles. I believe the easier ones for experienced gamers where on TP.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spemanig said:
Player2 said:

Going to the nearest healing spot or reloading your save file takes like 30 seconds. It's faster and way safer than going to where you died to recover your souls, which you have to do without dying again (if you die again you lose them forever) and killing the monster that killed you, who is now even stronger (in Bloodborne). In Bloodborne you may want to kill some easy enemies to earn some currency to buy healing consumables before going to where you died to be safer too. You also have to recover your souls before turning off the console or they're gone forever as well.

The current sytem isn't inflexible as well so I don't see why Zelda has to copy something else that still would need tuning from another game.

It takes no where near 30 seconds to get to the nearest healing spot, and there's no purpose in discussing ways to cheat the system. It's not faster or safer at all. You have little health and have to slowly build that back up. The current system is inflexible. You either start with full health or you don't. You're either extremely inconvenienced or you aren't. With Souls games all you lose is currency, something that is not as immediately inconvenient to lose as health, especially when you are only losing a fraction of your currency, and it is easily recoverable because you're tackling the situation at full health.

It needs to copy something else because that other game does it better.

You are crazy on all accounts.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Also SS had neat new puzzles. I believe the easier ones for experienced gamers where on TP.

Yeah, definitely. I was surprised on how easy they were on TP when I played it last week, which, in my opinion, made the dugeons felt weak in comparison with SS. That's why I want a focus on puzzle-solving through dungeons. And a twist on combat system, more skill-based. They tried to do that in SS with motion controls, which I think it was very rewarding because the combat was more complex. 

fleischr said:
Everyone who always wants voice acting always seems to reference Fallout or Skyrim as the leading examples. Characters in Zelda and Bethesda games couldn't be more different. Most Zelda characters are very quirky and charming in a way. You'd honestly get something more like Kid Icarus: Uprising, or a Disney movie, or a dubbed Anime if you added voice acting to Zelda.

The voice acting in besthesda games is horrible, I think. The animations of the characters never match what they're saying. In terms of the quality in the voice acting,  TLOU or uncharted would be the best examples to show the pros of voice acting in any game because it's more believable or immersive. If zelda was gonna have voice acting added to the game, do it right.

the whole No voice acting would be the only change i'd make

Volterra_90 said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I think they did a good job with ALBW. That had some good puzzles with some "Aha!" moments, though that was mostly with the wall merging mechanic.  I wonder what they can do with Zelda U...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Aeolus451 said:
fleischr said:
Everyone who always wants voice acting always seems to reference Fallout or Skyrim as the leading examples. Characters in Zelda and Bethesda games couldn't be more different. Most Zelda characters are very quirky and charming in a way. You'd honestly get something more like Kid Icarus: Uprising, or a Disney movie, or a dubbed Anime if you added voice acting to Zelda.

The voice acting in besthesda games is horrible, I think. The animations of the characters never match what they're saying. In terms of the quality in the voice acting,  TLOU or uncharted would be the best examples to show the pros of voice acting in any game because it's more believable or immersive. If zelda was gonna have voice acting added to the game, do it right.

You're not going to get TLOU or Uncharted style VA though that's his point, characters in Zelda are quirky which would lead to VAs that are like those in an anime dubbing or a disney pixar movie.