By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things in Zelda that need to change

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Mystro-Sama said:

A lot of hardcore Nintendo will disagree with on that. And I agree its totally dumb not to have voice acting in this day and age.

But would it be any good?  That's the real question.  Japan has a very lackluster reputation when it comes to voice acting; especially the translations from Japanese to English.  I'm sure the intended script is done more accurately in the original Japanese dialogue, but there's still that sense of overacting from the original script anyways.  That's something Japan needs to get past already.  I remember an article years ago from Toriyama stating (right after FF13 came out) that Japan prefers theatre based acting as opposed to Hollywood style.  They're both pretty theatrical in my overall opinion, but Japan's is defintely more excessive.

I'm almost 100% positive this would work against Zelda, not for it.  Text only dialogue for FF seemed to work only for it and never against it.  FFX had some good spots here and there, but that's as good of voice acting that Squaresoft, not Square Enix however has ever acheived. 

@Bolded: I can get behind the part where you say the acting isn't as good when they localise the games, but japanese voice actors are very good at what they do and that's the reputation they have as well. xD

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Aeolus451 said:

The voice acting in besthesda games is horrible, I think. The animations of the characters never match what they're saying. In terms of the quality in the voice acting,  TLOU or uncharted would be the best examples to show the pros of voice acting in any game because it's more believable or immersive. If zelda was gonna have voice acting added to the game, do it right.

You're not going to get TLOU or Uncharted style VA though that's his point, characters in Zelda are quirky which would lead to VAs that are like those in an anime dubbing or a disney pixar movie.

Quirky doesn't make it difficult or impossible to do. It can be done. 

FunFan said:
DivinePaladin said:

Going back 30 years to a different era of gaming - to a game prepackaged with a guide - isn't a strong defense. You can do better, if you really believe in your point here. 

Today we have the internet. Which makes everything wayyyyyyyyyyy easier. And kids can still handle Zelda 1. My nephew was handling Zelda 2 quite well when he was 8. I would even say that today is the perfect time to play those incredibly hard games, with all the resources we have and miiverse.

Zelda 1 and 2 have been redeemed entirely by the Internet in the past decade, but that's still an antiquated set of games that was designed for the same kids that grew up on Megaman and Ghosts and Goblins. They're not comparable in difficulty or design to the games designed for and played by kids today, even if you or I have extremely anecdotal evidence suggesting otherwise. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

WE NEED PROPER VOICE ACTING.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

spemanig said:
Player2 said:

You are crazy on all accounts.

Did Rol get banned? Am I missing something?

The post I replied to was similar to (probably even more ridiculous than) the one where you said that dual analog was better than Wiimote + Nunchuck for Prime, so I replied the same way as Rol did because reasoning wasn't going to work.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

The post I replied to was similar to (probably even more ridiculous than) the one where you said that dual analog was better than Wiimote + Nunchuck for Prime, so I replied the same way as Rol did because reasoning wasn't going to work.

Neither was rediculus.

Can't say i agree with most of that honestly. Maybe the first thing about the bow, but that stuff is usually first and more of an introductory temple anyway and as for 4, I don't don't know what people call populated or lively nowadays because I'd hate for it to be Ubisoft-like. Lots of meaningless shit for the sake of padding the game.

I think the biggest challenge for Nintendo with the new Zelda is finding a good balance between new players and old players.

Also I'd be up for voice acting...if it's entirely in Hylian.

The Zelda fanbase seems to be divided on many things anyway, the only thing I can be sure of with the new Zelda is that it will disappoint some and some will love it.

Aeolus451 said:
Wyrdness said:

You're not going to get TLOU or Uncharted style VA though that's his point, characters in Zelda are quirky which would lead to VAs that are like those in an anime dubbing or a disney pixar movie.

Who said it couldn't? Fact is that type of VA is not to everyone's liking as Fire Emblem has shown.

I honestly have no problem at all with any of those OP, but I think some of your complaints are doable.

And I'm open to change, but some of the answers in this thread are just too much. It looks like people don't like the franchise or they are asking for a spin off:

1. Change the main character, playing as Link is a cliche! If you want to play with Zelda is fine for me, but don't make it so Link is only playable for 5min. If there would be more playable characters it would be better but don't forget this franchise is all about Link. Why don't we complain next because we want a male Samus? That's not the idea of the creator.

2. We want voice acting! I know this will happen someday, though I couldn't care less. If every other game does it who cares? Should better turn this into a fps cause everything is fps today.

3. We want super hard mode! Some comments look like people want a Dark souls or bloodborne. This is the legend of zelda, it's a different franchise. If they would add more difficulties perfect, but making the game super hard with no option to play as normal would be stupid.

4. Stop with the heart pieces collectibles because nobody likes that! Like, what??? Seriously? I love collecting pieces of heart and the collectibles in the minish cap were the best, trading some medals that changed the overworld was the best idea ever.

5. And I have even seen people complaining about Zelda having too many puzzles. Seriously people, what else?

If they changed all of that for the next game they could just call it Legend of the green dragon, or whatever they want cause it would be a completely different game.

Wyrdness said:
Aeolus451 said:

Who said it couldn't? Fact is that type of VA is not to everyone's liking as Fire Emblem has shown.

"You're not going to get TLOU or Uncharted style VA"