By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FORMULA 1 2016 Mexico.. Or that piece of land beyond the Wall

NiKKoM said:
i don't know what to think about the Monaco race.... I mean its beautiful, classic, one of a kind, but when its not raining its like the most boring race with no overtaking at all..

I totally agree. This track wouldn't make it onto the race calendar if it was anywhere else. But it's the most iconic F1 race track in the world where the occasion, location and history far outweighs the quality of the actual racing.

Some might argue that it should be dropped for a better "racing" track but Bernie would be a brave man to even suggest it.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
NiKKoM said:
i don't know what to think about the Monaco race.... I mean its beautiful, classic, one of a kind, but when its not raining its like the most boring race with no overtaking at all..

It is indeed the most boring race of the year. But there's too much money involved to get rid of it.

Well, it seems money is the only thing that matters nowadays. If track quality mattered we would've been having Formula 1 and Moto GP races at Portimao every year.

Player2 said:
JEMC said:

It is indeed the most boring race of the year. But there's too much money involved to get rid of it.

Well, it seems money is the only thing that matters nowadays. If track quality mattered we would've been having Formula 1 and Moto GP races at Portimao every year.

If track quality, or even more inportant, security, was important, we wouldn't have any of the urban races (Australia, Monaco, Canada).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

My opinions on the last race:
-I'm so glad for Sergio
-Can't believe Red bull made such a mistake
-Lol at Rosberg
-Good for Hamilton
-Good day for Alonso and Mclaren

JEMC said:
Player2 said:

If track quality, or even more inportant, security, was important, we wouldn't have any of the urban races (Australia, Monaco, Canada).

Yeah. Australia is probably the safest among all three because most corners have decent run-off areas (Imagine Alonso's Australia accident in Monaco).

Around the Network
Player2 said:
JEMC said:

Yeah. Australia is probably the safest among all three because most corners have decent run-off areas (Imagine Alonso's Australia accident in Monaco).

*shudders*

Then, Vandoorne would be driving his car.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

its kinda sad seeing Alonso and Button driving in a McLaren right now... Mclaren should be spending their wages into the engine or something and have vandoorne and magnussen drive the car... but now we have two old World champions driving behind a Torro Rosso and Force India..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
its kinda sad seeing Alonso and Button driving in a McLaren right now... Mclaren should be spending their wages into the engine or something and have vandoorne and magnussen drive the car... but now we have two old World champions driving behind a Torro Rosso and Force India..

McLaren's problems aren't only the engine, the chassis needs some work too.

And I don't like the Toro Rosso comparison, last year they were sometimes faster than their nº one team. Now that was sad.

NiKKoM said:

McLaren spending money on the engine would be a bad idea because the exclusivity deal they have with Honda will end sooner or later, and when it happens the other teams supplied by Honda will benefit from that money. They could improve the rest of the car because its aero or chassis isn't the best of the grid.

Tentative prediction for the Canadian Grand Prix
1) Hamilton
2) Rosberg
3) Ricciardo
DNF Haryanto