By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan? + Can it beat the PS3 (10.4M)?

PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan?

3 - 4M 12 3.24%

4 - 5M 9 2.43%

5 - 6M 24 6.49%

6 - 7M 32 8.65%

7 - 8M 48 12.97%

8 - 9M 36 9.73%

9 - 10M 24 6.49%

10 - 11M (Maybe Beat the PS3!) 54 14.59%

11M+ (Beat the PS3!) 59 15.95%

It will even beat the Nintendo Wii! (12.7M) 72 19.46%

Total:370
Jranation said:

I am loving this predictions! But maybe you guys are kinda moving away to the main topic......? Someone already got banned because of it......(Need a mod to confirm this, since each mod is different to each one) But I guess your all trying to say is that if the PS4 gets these games, it will only improve the hardware sales of it ----> Which can beat the PS3!

Edit: And I don't want a mod to close this thread! 

In the Generation prior to that, we don't had a new Persona game, we don't had a Console version of Dragon Quest main-line game, and we don't had 2 Main Final Fantasy games being made for the System, we also don't had a Main-line Kingdom Hearts last gen, Square Enix is on Fire.

Games are what sell consoles and this generation will be much better for Japan, than the previous Generation, do you think that the Console will sell less because of those games ?, with the Growing interest in Western games on Japan, Western games will also push Sales.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

And it's in Sony's best interests.  A console with DQ11 + spin offs, FF15, KH3, FF7R, GTA 6 and a monster hunter mainline entry (shared with handheld)  + spin offs is going to do very well in Japan.  Couple with series like yakuza,  resident evil,  gran turismo,  Persona 5 etc etc and it really would have a chance at passing the ps3. 

Sony aren't dumb and their relationship with capcom has improved greatly.  I struggle to see them not getting in on the monster hunter action.  Only way of it not happening is if Nintendo pay big bucks for exclusivity.  

An interesting title though,  is yokai watch.  When they start making this for NX,  and if NX games port to ps4 easily, I wonder if they'll get that too.  It's a huge franchise and I could definitely see it selling over 500k on ps4.

Can we let go of Nintendo pays for MH argument now? Seems like this will go on for years to come while (if) mainline/big spin offs MH stays Nintendo exclusive :/

I dunno, for some reason this feels like an excuse fans use when not getting MH for their system of choice. Its been said for years now :0

Monster hunter was doing incredible on Playstation and then suddenly it jumps ship exclusively to Nintendo.  If they had of kept it going on psv/ps3 the fans would have moved there.  Nintendo didnt want competition from the vita so took the only game that would make it a worthy rival in Japan. 

Why didn't it go,  3DS/vita?  Or 3DS/ps3? Instead it went exclusively Nintendo.  I firmly believe capcom put it up to tender and Sony weren't willing to pay the price tag that Nintendo were.  

That's not an excuse like you claim,  it's a logical belief. 

OneKartVita said:
tbone51 said:

Can we let go of Nintendo pays for MH argument now? Seems like this will go on for years to come while (if) mainline/big spin offs MH stays Nintendo exclusive :/

I dunno, for some reason this feels like an excuse fans use when not getting MH for their system of choice. Its been said for years now :0

Monster hunter was doing incredible on Playstation and then suddenly it jumps ship exclusively to Nintendo.  If they had of kept it going on psv/ps3 the fans would have moved there.  Nintendo didnt want competition from the vita so took the only game that would make it a worthy rival in Japan. 

Why didn't it go,  3DS/vita?  Or 3DS/ps3? Instead it went exclusively Nintendo.  I firmly believe capcom put it up to tender and Sony weren't willing to pay the price tag that Nintendo were.  

Again sounds more like fans making up excuses. Maybe Capcom just made the right move by switching  the series to 3ds. Of course  there could of been an exclusive deal but Clinging  on to that belief for years now is starting to get old and desperate. They put out MH on vita/ps3/wiiu I think 2 years ago (the ones that aren't as big?) so that whole nintendo exclusive has to stop. 

Let's just accept that Capcom is choosing 3ds because that's where the money and easy development is at. Putting it on vita/ps4/etc could be a thing, but as of right now it's not. Let's move on and stop port begging the biggest franchise this gen. (I mean biggest port begging game) 

spemanig said:
Definitely not. Japan is done with consoles.

Spells out a trouble and good for Sony.

Some more sales squeezed out of Vita, but less sales for PS4.

Tbh it's strange how Japan is extremely obsessed with mobile. I mean, I think Americans are addicted enough to their phones(on it anywhere you go- mall, someone's house, dinner, etc.). Living in Japan would probably suck because everyone is glued to their device.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:

Tbh it's strange how Japan is extremely obsessed with mobile. I mean, I think Americans are addicted enough to their phones(on it anywhere you go- mall, someone's house, dinner, etc.). Living in Japan would probably suck because everyone is glued to their device.

It's not strange at all. They just like it better. They probably look at us still playing consoles the way we look at them still using arcades.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

Again sounds more like fans making up excuses. Maybe Capcom just made the right move by switching  the series to 3ds. Of course  there could of been an exclusive deal but Clinging  on to that belief for years now is starting to get old and desperate. They put out MH on vita/ps3/wiiu I think 2 years ago (the ones that aren't as big?) so that whole nintendo exclusive has to stop. 

Let's just accept that Capcom is choosing 3ds because that's where the money and easy development is at. Putting it on vita/ps4/etc could be a thing, but as of right now it's not. Let's move on and stop port begging the biggest franchise this gen. (I mean biggest port begging game) 

Hahahaha!  So I'm clinging to desperation because I believe standard business procedures were followed.  Capcom could make a lot making it multiplatform but they could make more selling it exclusively to Nintendo.  

Yet you're being perfectly reasonable,  saying let's just pretend they switched for free,  just because.  I'm sorry but they doesn't stick.  

Microsoft,  Sony and Nintendo have all bought exclusivity.  

Why would Nintendo pay a big premium price?  Because the deal single handedly eliminates the vita as a rival to the 3DS. It makes sense.  

By all means say you believe the opposite but don't try write history as if you know any better.  

OneKartVita said:
tbone51 said:

Hahahaha!  So I'm clinging to desperation because I believe standard business procedures were followed.  Capcom could make a lot making it multiplatform but they could make more selling it exclusively to Nintendo.  

Yet you're being perfectly reasonable,  saying let's just pretend they switched for free,  just because.  I'm sorry but they doesn't stick.  

Why would Nintendo pay a big premium price?  Because the deal single handedly eliminates the vita as a rival to the 3DS. It makes sense.  

By all means say you believe the opposite but don't try write history as if you know any better.  

The major difference here is I never said its impossible, but the very thing is your holding out the possibility as if it if we're a fact. 

If Nintendo has made an exclusive MH deal, is it still in effect? If not why is there no MH other than Frontier out on ps4 systems this gen? 

Here is another logical explanation, maybe the assets from previous MH would be easier to port from psp to 3ds thanks to similar power between the two? Maybe Capcom just knew nintendo would dominate the market because handheld is their specialty? 

So many things could be the "reason" but we'll never know. Clinging only to 1 theory just because it's not on platform of choice for years,  I mean years is just I dunno.... Desperate? If Capcom wanted to, they out a MH for Sony systems which can happen. 

. Other thing that's weird to me is that Sony has exclusive deal for SFV this gen and that's public knowledge. So why isn't MH exclusive deal known? Maybe cuz it's just a made up theory people still use? 

hershel_layton said:
spemanig said:
Definitely not. Japan is done with consoles.

this isn't so strange, a lot of Countries have the majority of their gaming revenues with Phones, and, or, PC, Like China, Korea, Russia, etc.

tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

The major difference here is I never said its impossible, but the very thing is your holding out the possibility as if it if we're a fact. 

If Nintendo has made an exclusive MH deal, is it still in effect? If not why is there no MH other than Frontier out on ps4 systems this gen? 

Here is another logical explanation, maybe the assets from previous MH would be easier to port from psp to 3ds thanks to similar power between the two? Maybe Capcom just knew nintendo would dominate the market because handheld is their specialty? 

So many things could be the "reason" but we'll never know. Clinging only to 1 theory just because it's not on platform of choice for years,  I mean years is just I dunno.... Desperate? If Capcom wanted to, they out a MH for Sony systems which can happen. 

. Other thing that's weird to me is that Sony has exclusive deal for SFV this gen and that's public knowledge. So why isn't MH exclusive deal known? Maybe cuz it's just a made up theory people still use? 

Wrong again.  I never said a deal is fact. You are 100% wrong saying that.  I said it's my opinion,  my belief.  

You then say I've clung to this idea for years.  It's not something I've ever even thought about except this year and last.  Again you're wrong about that.  

Now you can believe in things like capcom looked into their crystal ball,  assets were easy to port et all and ignore how cheap it is to develop for vita.  While ignoring what makes most business sense for capcom.  

Their audience was on Playstation.  Monster hunter fans would have followed to ps3/vita.  But I believe they decided to maximise the financial gain.  Give it to the highest bidder.  Be it 30m, 50m or 100m. 

That's how smart business works.  Nintendo pay them.  Capcom gains financially and continues to get big future sales anyway. Nintendo have eliminated their handheld rival in Japan.  

This is not some fan like thinking by the corporations,  it's smart business.  The deal would have a term.  Maybe it's over this year.  Maybe next.  Maybe it lasts until MH5. Maybe just a time frame and that's why they did MHX instead of MH5. So MH5 can go up for tender again or multiplatform.  

It's all speculation.  My speculation makes business sense.  Is it fact?  Who knows.  But to say I'm clinging to this and desperate is just weak and your argument loses all credibility. 

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

It's not strange at all. They just like it better. They probably look at us still playing consoles the way we look at them still using arcades.

Dave & Busters is an arcade in the US that's doing well. Not as big as arcades were back then,  but it's managing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.