By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan? + Can it beat the PS3 (10.4M)?

PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan?

3 - 4M 12 3.24%

4 - 5M 9 2.43%

5 - 6M 24 6.49%

6 - 7M 32 8.65%

7 - 8M 48 12.97%

8 - 9M 36 9.73%

9 - 10M 24 6.49%

10 - 11M (Maybe Beat the PS3!) 54 14.59%

11M+ (Beat the PS3!) 59 15.95%

It will even beat the Nintendo Wii! (12.7M) 72 19.46%

Total:370

Update #1: 

Thankyou to our awesome fellow user Shadow1980 Who has provided graphs from another thread which shows 

PS3 vs PS4 Weekly Sales

PS3 Sales Which includes Popular/System-seller Games and Price Cuts

And Yearly PS3 vs PS4 Sales

You can read his full analysis here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7813627 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Look at the bottom graph posted by jranation from shadow above. If ps4 can beat the ps3 peak this year it has a very very good chance. It might fall short but it's going to be close if that peak is beaten. there are a lot of big games to come 2017 onwards and potential titles like a version of a mainline monster hunter, plus it's spin offs.

On the western audience. I reckon nearly half the ps4 Japanese userbase play western games (not saying exclusively). There are millions of potential owners who are fans of the Japanese stuff but they won't jump on board until the games they want start rolling. And many will wait for the ps3 to stop getting versions.

OneKartVita said:
Look at the bottom graph posted by jranation from shadow above. If ps4 can beat the ps3 peak this year it has a very very good chance. It might fall short but it's going to be close if that peak is beaten. there are a lot of big games to come 2017 onwards and potential titles like a version of a mainline monster hunter, plus it's spin offs.

On the western audience. I reckon nearly half the ps4 Japanese userbase play western games (not saying exclusively). There are millions of potential owners who are fans of the Japanese stuff but they won't jump on board until the games they want start rolling. And many will wait for the ps3 to stop getting versions.

Yes! It will be very interesting! And the PSVR has the possibility of helping the PS4 by a lot! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Shadow1980 said:
Jranation said:

Update #1: 

Thankyou to our awesome fellow user Shadow1980 Who has provided graphs from another thread which shows

Thanks for the shoutout. Here's another relevant graph if you're interested:

oooooo! YES! I'll add that as well! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

OneKartVita said:

Mainline Monster Hunter? LMAO, ok dude. Let me guess, since PS4 is getting DQXI which the creator clearly wanted very badly. Evidence you could clearly see considering they were very misleading such as "big screen game" all the way up until it was revealed to be for 3DS as well. Proving the publisher doesnt trust a home console in Japan at all lol. Now you believe Monster Hunter will make the same jump for no reason at all? Dragon Quest came because of the desire of the creators. If the Monster Hunter creators dont desire the same, then it aint happening.

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
OneKartVita said:

Mainline Monster Hunter? LMAO, ok dude. Let me guess, since PS4 is getting DQXI which the creator clearly wanted very badly. Evidence you could clearly see considering they were very misleading such as "big screen game" all the way up until it was revealed to be for 3DS as well. Proving the publisher doesnt trust a home console in Japan at all lol. Now you believe Monster Hunter will make the same jump for no reason at all? Dragon Quest came because of the desire of the creators. If the Monster Hunter creators dont desire the same, then it aint happening.

Money talks.  If Sony offer the right financial package they will receive an improved version of a mainline monster hunter just like with DQ11. 

You are badly mistaken on why I think it will get spinoffs.  The Wii U and Wii got comsole monster hunter games.  The ps4 is the future of Japanese home consoles so I believe future versions like those,  will be released on the ps4.

OneKartVita said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Money talks.  If Sony offer the right financial package they will receive an improved version of a mainline monster hunter just like with DQ11. 

You are badly mistaken on why I think it will get spinoffs.  The Wii U and Wii got comsole monster hunter games.  The ps4 is the future of Japanese home consoles so I believe future versions like those,  will be released on the ps4.

The Wii got it because it looked like it would sell much more than it did, which is still more than ps4 could dream of. Wiis best year was like year one correct? This was also before MH came to Nintys handhelds. If DS could handle MH then that would have been all she wrote lol. WiiU because it was simply a hd port of the Wii game. Why didn't MH4 Ultimate hit WiiU like MH3 Ultimate? Because home consoles are no longer needed. The future of home consoles in Japan is a joke and they can't be trusted. See DQXI 3DS.

Nintyfan90 said:
OneKartVita said:

The Wii got it because it looked like it would sell much more than it did, which is still more than ps4 could dream of. Wiis best year was like year one correct? This was also before MH came to Nintys handhelds. If DS could handle MH then that would have been all she wrote lol. WiiU because it was simply a hd port of the Wii game. Why didn't MH4 Ultimate hit WiiU like MH3 Ultimate? Because home consoles are no longer needed. The future of home consoles in Japan is a joke and they can't be trusted. See DQXI 3DS.

Yeah see dq11. The ps4 is getting a vastly superior version of the game. A proper console version.  

If Sony play their cards right they can secure a monster hunter console game.  And that includes a simple HD port of the handheld versions, an improved console port of a mainline entry or spin offs like they get with dragon quest.  

These could all be expected to sell between 500k to 1.5m. Easily enough to make a profit. 

OneKartVita said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Yeah see dq11. The ps4 is getting a vastly superior version of the game. A proper console version.  

If Sony play their cards right they can secure a monster hunter console game.  And that includes a simple HD port of the handheld versions, an improved console port of a mainline entry or spin offs like they get with dragon quest.  

These could all be expected to sell between 500k to 1.5m. Easily enough to make a profit. 

Thanks to the creator being a fan. Ps4 wouldn't get it if it wasn't for his wishes. You better hope for the same for MHs creator. Why even spend that extra money on a poor selling version when you could instead spend it on a sequel on 3DS? Why even choose PS4? WiiU versions would sell the same and then Ninty could even allow cross plat play. In other words, Sony isn't needed stop portbegging. No benefit in including Sony or any other plat than 3DS because it IS JAPAN. You are only worried about Sonys success, maybe you should ask Sony to do better at first party games. Ninty has Japan on lock due to their own efforts not 3rd party portbegging. I always find it funny seeing a certain fanbase portbeg because it's "better to have the game available to more people" yet don't see anything wrong WiiU being left out lol. It's always because a WiiU version would cost more because it's weaker, yet this same logic could certainly be used between 3DS and Ps4 then lol. A ps4 version would cost more, so I understand it being left out lol.

Nintyfan90 said:
OneKartVita said:

Handheld have a Huge install base in Japan, this is the only reason for that and seems that you think that a Console Version Cannot sell, Dragon Quest Heros, and Dragon Quest Builders, sold Hundreds of Thousands on Home consoles each.

Dragon Quest Heros, sold 600 Thousands of units only on Home consoles on Japan, this In the Week of Launch, and More than 1 Million on July, 4 Months after Launch, only for Home Consoles, a Spin-off Selling more than 1 Million of Units on Japan, in less than Half a Year.

The 3DS, is in the End of his cicle and Handhelds are hard to make because the Smart Phones are taking the ground of this market.

Playstation 4, have a Solid Install base, and have a lot of Fans of the Franchise, a Spin Off sold 600 Thousands first week, a Main Game could sell much more on the Home Consoles, Dragon Quest Heroes, sold first week on Japan, Nearly the same that Halo 5, sold  in his First Week on USA, that was 920-980 Thousands at Retail.