By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan? + Can it beat the PS3 (10.4M)?

PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan?

3 - 4M 12 3.24%

4 - 5M 9 2.43%

5 - 6M 24 6.49%

6 - 7M 32 8.65%

7 - 8M 48 12.97%

8 - 9M 36 9.73%

9 - 10M 24 6.49%

10 - 11M (Maybe Beat the PS3!) 54 14.59%

11M+ (Beat the PS3!) 59 15.95%

It will even beat the Nintendo Wii! (12.7M) 72 19.46%

Total:370
OneKartVita said:

Wrong again.  I never said a deal is fact. You are 100% wrong saying that.  I said it's my opinion,  my belief.  

⇒ No offense but you make it seem like this is the only logical explanation as does others. Could be true but it just looks less likely as years go by, and this "guess" will continue to be said as long as MH stays on Nin platforms

You then say I've clung to this idea for years.  It's not something I've ever even thought about except this year and last.  Again you're wrong about that.  

⇒Well this doesn't matter really does it?

Now you can believe in things like capcom looked into their crystal ball,  assets were easy to port et all and ignore how cheap it is to develop for vita.  While ignoring what makes most business sense for capcom.  

⇒ They didn't look into their crstal ball, if they had to put it on 1 platform 3ds was the way to go. Looks like Capcom decision paid off!

Their audience was on Playstation.  Monster hunter fans would have followed to ps3/vita.  But I believe they decided to maximise the financial gain.  Give it to the highest bidder.  Be it 30m, 50m or 100m. 

⇒ "Was" as in on psp. 3ds and Vita werent out yet, MH is a TRUE system Seller so platform of choice didn't matter to the majority of MH fans. Ironically it seems MH is better off to stay on Nintendo platforms due to the ever rising of western sales (MH4G is huge in the West with well over 1mil in sales). By your current logic, there is no point in making a Game for Sony platform (unless multiplat?)

That's how smart business works.  Nintendo pay them.  Capcom gains financially and continues to get big future sales anyway. Nintendo have eliminated their handheld rival in Japan.  

⇒That is how smart business works, yet there is no proof and only speculation. If Nintendo really did buy them out i think we here about it in the same way we heard from SFV/Bayo2/Tomb Raider/Titanfall/etc was bought/deal/whatever made but we didn't.

This is not some fan like thinking by the corporations,  it's smart business.  The deal would have a term.  Maybe it's over this year.  Maybe next.  Maybe it lasts until MH5. Maybe just a time frame and that's why they did MHX instead of MH5. So MH5 can go up for tender again or multiplatform.  

⇒Its a smart business if its true, otherwise its still fans being delusional because my game isnt on my platform. I swear i wish Nintendo outflat says if a deal or not went on. Its tiresome already. Rumor was it was suppose to last 3 years. (2010-2012?) but here we are :/

It's all speculation.  My speculation makes business sense.  Is it fact?  Who knows.  But to say I'm clinging to this and desperate is just weak and your argument loses all credibility. 

⇒Exactly all speculation which by time just seems more like speculation than fact as the years go by.....

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

Wrong again.  I never said a deal is fact. You are 100% wrong saying that.  I said it's my opinion,  my belief.  

⇒ No offense but you make it seem like this is the only logical explanation as does others. Could be true but it just looks less likely as years go by, and this "guess" will continue to be said as long as MH stays on Nin platforms

You then say I've clung to this idea for years.  It's not something I've ever even thought about except this year and last.  Again you're wrong about that.  

⇒Well this doesn't matter really does it?

Now you can believe in things like capcom looked into their crystal ball,  assets were easy to port et all and ignore how cheap it is to develop for vita.  While ignoring what makes most business sense for capcom.  

⇒ They didn't look into their crstal ball, if they had to put it on 1 platform 3ds was the way to go. Looks like Capcom decision paid off!

Their audience was on Playstation.  Monster hunter fans would have followed to ps3/vita.  But I believe they decided to maximise the financial gain.  Give it to the highest bidder.  Be it 30m, 50m or 100m. 

⇒ "Was" as in on psp. 3ds and Vita werent out yet, MH is a TRUE system Seller so platform of choice didn't matter to the majority of MH fans. Ironically it seems MH is better off to stay on Nintendo platforms due to the ever rising of western sales (MH4G is huge in the West with well over 1mil in sales). By your current logic, there is no point in making a Game for Sony platform (unless multiplat?)

That's how smart business works.  Nintendo pay them.  Capcom gains financially and continues to get big future sales anyway. Nintendo have eliminated their handheld rival in Japan.  

⇒That is how smart business works, yet there is no proof and only speculation. If Nintendo really did buy them out i think we here about it in the same way we heard from SFV/Bayo2/Tomb Raider/Titanfall/etc was bought/deal/whatever made but we didn't.

This is not some fan like thinking by the corporations,  it's smart business.  The deal would have a term.  Maybe it's over this year.  Maybe next.  Maybe it lasts until MH5. Maybe just a time frame and that's why they did MHX instead of MH5. So MH5 can go up for tender again or multiplatform.  

⇒Its a smart business if its true, otherwise its still fans being delusional because my game isnt on my platform. I swear i wish Nintendo outflat says if a deal or not went on. Its tiresome already. Rumor was it was suppose to last 3 years. (2010-2012?) but here we are :/

It's all speculation.  My speculation makes business sense.  Is it fact?  Who knows.  But to say I'm clinging to this and desperate is just weak and your argument loses all credibility. 

⇒Exactly all speculation which by time just seems more like speculation than fact as the years go by.....

I started to reply but its just horrible scrolling up and down trying to find each of your replies.  If you're bothered replying properly like everyone else does then I'll reply to you.  

hershel_layton said:

Dave & Busters is an arcade in the US that's doing well. Not as big as arcades were back then,  but it's managing

Saying D&B constitutes as arcades "doing well" in the US is like saying that selling less than 3m home consoles in the first two years constitutes as consoles "doing well" in Japan.

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

Dave & Busters is an arcade in the US that's doing well. Not as big as arcades were back then,  but it's managing

Saying D&B constitutes as arcades "doing well" in the US is like saying that selling less than 3m home consoles in the first two years constitutes as consoles "doing well" in Japan.

No, I didn't mean to say arcades in general. Just wanted to state that there's still a fairly popular arcade in America.

Yes, arcades are close to dead in the US. Same with how consoles are barely living in Japan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

Actually they sold over 5 Millions in just 2 Years without a Japanese Major Release, only Metal Gear, the Japanese Companies don't had more Faith on the Console Market, but with the PS4'S Sucess, they are coming Back, but was too late, just this year that they will release their Biggest games, and also on the next few years, because they Started Development only after Recognize PS4's Sucess, and games take time to be made.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:

Actually they sold over 5 Millions in just 2 Years without a Japanese Major Release, only Metal Gear, the Japanese Companies don't had more Faith on the Console Market, but with the PS4'S Sucess, they are coming Back, but was too late, just this year that they will release their Biggest games, and also on the next few years, because they Started Development only after Recognize PS4's Sucess, and games take time to be made.

Lol, what?

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2015/11/18/ps4-passes-2-million-units-sold-in-japan/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/06/03/ps4-japan-sales-vs-dreamcast-wiiu-gamecube-ps3/#/slide/1

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/23/ps4-sales-overtake-1900000-units-in-japan-xbox-one-greatest-hits-dont-make-the-top-50/

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/11/ps4_smashes_two_million_sales_milestone_in_japan

Wow! Crazy how they sold over 3m units in just 5 months since October 2015!

spemanig said:
Swordmasterman said:

Lol, what?

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2015/11/18/ps4-passes-2-million-units-sold-in-japan/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/06/03/ps4-japan-sales-vs-dreamcast-wiiu-gamecube-ps3/#/slide/1

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/23/ps4-sales-overtake-1900000-units-in-japan-xbox-one-greatest-hits-dont-make-the-top-50/

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/11/ps4_smashes_two_million_sales_milestone_in_japan

Wow! Crazy how they sold over 3m units in just 5 months since October 2015!

PS4, sold 1 Million in the last 9 Months, We were Refering to the Japanese Console Market, and for a Dead Console like Wii U, and a Console with Japanese games releasing just this year, Sold over 5 Millions of units in 2 Years is still something, Japan, is The Second Biggest Home Console market, much ahead of the Third Place, and nothing will take this from him, only because Mobile, is Bigger, does not means that Consoles are Irrelevant, the Most Degree on Sales were on Handheld,  Don't compare it to the Wii, that was a Big Sucess in his first years, compare it to Playstation 3 + Xbox 360, to this Generation, believe it or not, but the Xbox  360, was selling Decent on Japan, Last Gen.

Swordmasterman said:

PS4, sold 1 Million in the last 9 Months, We were Refering to the Japanese Console Market, and for a Dead Console like Wii U, and a Console with Japanese games releasing just this year, Sold over 5 Millions of units in 2 Years is still something, Japan, is The...

----Second Biggest Home Console market,----

...much ahead of the Third Place, and nothing will take this from him, only because Mobile, is Bigger, does not means that Consoles are Irrelevant, the Most Degree on Sales were on Handheld,  Don't compare it to the Wii, that was a Big Sucess in his first years, compare it to Playstation 3 + Xbox 360, to this Generation, believe it or not, but the Xbox  360, was selling Decent on Japan, Last Gen.

Lol wut, lel wot, and lul wat?

What's with this 5 million thing? Im confused. Especially with your use of punctuation........... Better to do it in dot points.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

spemanig said:
Swordmasterman said:

PS4, sold 1 Million in the last 9 Months, We were Refering to the Japanese Console Market, and for a Dead Console like Wii U, and a Console with Japanese games releasing just this year, Sold over 5 Millions of units in 2 Years is still something, Japan, is The...

----Second Biggest Home Console market,----

...much ahead of the Third Place, and nothing will take this from him, only because Mobile, is Bigger, does not means that Consoles are Irrelevant, the Most Degree on Sales were on Handheld,  Don't compare it to the Wii, that was a Big Sucess in his first years, compare it to Playstation 3 + Xbox 360, to this Generation, believe it or not, but the Xbox  360, was selling Decent on Japan, Last Gen.

Lol wut, lel wot, and lul wat?

In the same time last gen, Xbox 360, had sold 1 Million of Units, but was unable to mantain it, for the Ones who said that Japan, don't like Western Product, a Console, sell 1 Million in 2 Years, and have life time of 1.6 Millions, with some Consoles from Sega, and Nintendo, Selling under 5 Millions of units on Japan, some even Under 4, the Xbox 360, sold half of that.