By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan? + Can it beat the PS3 (10.4M)?

PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan?

3 - 4M 12 3.24%

4 - 5M 9 2.43%

5 - 6M 24 6.49%

6 - 7M 32 8.65%

7 - 8M 48 12.97%

8 - 9M 36 9.73%

9 - 10M 24 6.49%

10 - 11M (Maybe Beat the PS3!) 54 14.59%

11M+ (Beat the PS3!) 59 15.95%

It will even beat the Nintendo Wii! (12.7M) 72 19.46%

Total:370
Swordmasterman said:
Nintyfan90 said:

So wrong here, you think DQ11 ps4 will sell more then? Hilarious. I didn't accuse the site, just him.

He is a Moderator is his Duty to make this Forum clear, and he aways warn the people for don't get in the point of Banning those people.

I Said that the game "Have the Potential to sell more on Playstation 4" does not means that it will, but means that it can, and already proved to be able to do this".

The best Selling Dragon Quest game this gen on 3DS, is a Remaster, sold over 1.4 Millions according to VGChartz, is a Remaster from the Best Selling Dragon Quest tittle on Japan, and according to Square Enix, Dragon Quest Heroes, sold more than 1 Millions of units for PS3, and PS4, within 4-5 months of Sales on Japan, over 600 Thousands just on First Week, is a Spin-off game of the Franchise.

Of Course Dragon Quest's fans will upgrade from PS3, to PS4, if the Main game launch for PS4, the PS4, will still have a lot of Games, and the 3DS, might be replaced by Nintendo's NX,  the 2 Plataforms have the Potential to sell a lot of Dragon Quest, and the Playstation 4, have the Potential to Out-sell the 3DS Version, does not means that it will, but that it can, isn't something impossible like "The Division Selling more on Xbox One, on Japan", if 3DS, sell more units of the game, will not be Much more, the same for Playstation 4, if it sells more will not be much more units.

If Dragon Quest, sells a good ammount on Playstation 4 (the Spin-offs already are selling), so Capcom, will port the game for Playstation 4, their Relationship with Sony, is good for this, Street Fighter, exclusive for PS4, Resident Evil's Spin-off, exclusive for PS4/PC, also isn't impossible to port Monster Hunter for PS4, Plus, PS4, is a much better plataform if they want to release their games in the West, Playstation 4, will of course cross the 100 Millions units worldwide, a much bigger market than the 3DS's Worldwide market, this can mean Faster localization for the Western market.

I don't even know where to begin. The amount of excuses used here is truly something. When you have to go through so much to prove your point clearly you have nothing. You have to combine ps3 and ps4 to make ps4 look better lol. A port of an old game still outsold a spinoff with tons of potential. How does that make the ps4 look better? Then you bring up 3DS successor? Lol your little story of ps3 owners upgrading to ps4 works for 3ds to NX handheld does it not? So now you have a handheld that has already sold more than ps3 and ps4, then NX handheld enters and takes less than a year to catch ps4. How does that help ps4? Lastly, the "western audience" argument yet again. Please just stop.

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
Swordmasterman said:

He is a Moderator is his Duty to make this Forum clear, and he aways warn the people for don't get in the point of Banning those people.

I Said that the game "Have the Potential to sell more on Playstation 4" does not means that it will, but means that it can, and already proved to be able to do this".

The best Selling Dragon Quest game this gen on 3DS, is a Remaster, sold over 1.4 Millions according to VGChartz, is a Remaster from the Best Selling Dragon Quest tittle on Japan, and according to Square Enix, Dragon Quest Heroes, sold more than 1 Millions of units for PS3, and PS4, within 4-5 months of Sales on Japan, over 600 Thousands just on First Week, is a Spin-off game of the Franchise.

Of Course Dragon Quest's fans will upgrade from PS3, to PS4, if the Main game launch for PS4, the PS4, will still have a lot of Games, and the 3DS, might be replaced by Nintendo's NX,  the 2 Plataforms have the Potential to sell a lot of Dragon Quest, and the Playstation 4, have the Potential to Out-sell the 3DS Version, does not means that it will, but that it can, isn't something impossible like "The Division Selling more on Xbox One, on Japan", if 3DS, sell more units of the game, will not be Much more, the same for Playstation 4, if it sells more will not be much more units.

If Dragon Quest, sells a good ammount on Playstation 4 (the Spin-offs already are selling), so Capcom, will port the game for Playstation 4, their Relationship with Sony, is good for this, Street Fighter, exclusive for PS4, Resident Evil's Spin-off, exclusive for PS4/PC, also isn't impossible to port Monster Hunter for PS4, Plus, PS4, is a much better plataform if they want to release their games in the West, Playstation 4, will of course cross the 100 Millions units worldwide, a much bigger market than the 3DS's Worldwide market, this can mean Faster localization for the Western market.

I don't even know where to begin. The amount of excuses used here is truly something. When you have to go through so much to prove your point clearly you have nothing. You have to combine ps3 and ps4 to make ps4 look better lol. A port of an old game still outsold a spinoff with tons of potential. How does that make the ps4 look better? Then you bring up 3DS successor? Lol your little story of ps3 owners upgrading to ps4 works for 3ds to NX handheld does it not? So now you have a handheld that has already sold more than ps3 and ps4, then NX handheld enters and takes less than a year to catch ps4. How does that help ps4? Lastly, the "western audience" argument yet again. Please just stop.

Here is console vs Handheld, of course fans would upgrade, and i don't remember Dragon Quest, being confirmed for Nintendo NX.

a Spin-Off of a Dragon Quest Game, sold more than 1 Millions of units on Consoles in less than 5 months, while a Remaster of Japan's Best selling Dragon Quest's console tittle, sold 1.3-1.4 Millions in more time than Dragon Quest Heroes did.

People purchase much more games for Home consoles than for Hendheld, the 2 Versions of the game have potential to sell more than the other, seems that you think that Japan, the 2Th Biggest console market of the World, is dying, and that have 0% of Chances of out-selling the 3DS Version, is 20 Millions VS 2.5 Millions the install base difference, but this is possible due to the Sucess Dragon Quest's Spin offs had on Playstation's home consoles.

I'm not saying these games will sell more on ps4 than a Nintendo handheld console, but it can sell more than a Nintendo home console. And regardless of that they can sell enough to justify their existence on ps4 which is all that matters, and is what Nintyfan keeps ignoring.

RolStoppable said:
Swordmasterman said:

Here is console vs Handheld, of course fans would upgrade, and i don't remember Dragon Quest, being confirmed for Nintendo NX.

a Spin-Off of a Dragon Quest Game, sold more than 1 Millions of units on Consoles in less than 5 months, while a Remaster of Japan's Best selling Dragon Quest's console tittle, sold 1.3-1.4 Millions in more time than Dragon Quest Heroes did.

People purchase much more games for Home consoles than for Hendheld, the 2 Versions of the game have potential to sell more than the other, seems that you think that Japan, the 2Th Biggest console market of the World, is dying, and that have 0% of Chances of out-selling the 3DS Version, is 20 Millions VS 2.5 Millions the install base difference, but this is possible due to the Sucess Dragon Quest's Spin offs had on Playstation's home consoles.

Japan Software by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PS4 177,510 (+9%) 10,099,322
PSV 150,404 (-23%) 18,844,762
3DS 117,268 (-17%) 91,473,934
WiiU 83,578 (+106%) 11,709,287
PS3 28,241 (-28%) 79,083,917
XOne 1,816 (-7%) 297,975
Wii 1,367 (-7%) 69,270,139
PSP 530 (-7%) 77,305,524
DS 197 (-7%) 175,163,847
X360 58 (-8%) 12,670,027
Total560,969(-4%) 

This is how the software numbers look like for Japan over the last two generations. Ignore the column in the middle and focus on the right one. The four handhelds combine for over 350m units of software sold, the six home consoles for 180m. We can safely conclude that Japanese gamers buy much more software for handhelds than for home consoles.

The way I can see that the PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI outsells the 3DS version is that the game doesn't release anytime soon (say, second half of 2017), so by that time NX would have already gotten a foothold in the Japanese market and feature a version of DQ XI on its own. But in a scenario where the game releases sooner, the 3DS version should comfortably win. If Dragon Quest is still popular and can sell 4m units with a new mainline entry, then the PS4 simply lacks the installed base to compete with the 3DS. A 50% attach rate (which is unreasonably high) would still make it a struggle to account for half of the sales of a new Dragon Quest game.

I Only knew Worldwide number, so Handheld really sell more software on Japan, the Game will launch  this year, the Creator said that the Story is nearly finished, and the Intro is already playable, he said it on January 2016, if launch late this year, Playstation 4, will have  over 4 Millions of units sold or even more, the Nintendo DS, was the most popular Handheld on Japan, and it sold over 4.6 Millions of Dragon Quest IX.

I Think that Dragon Quest XI, can beat Monster Hunter's numbers on 3DS, and it will be one of the Best Selling playstation 4 tittles.

Swordmasterman said:
RolStoppable said:

Japan Software by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PS4 177,510 (+9%) 10,099,322
PSV 150,404 (-23%) 18,844,762
3DS 117,268 (-17%) 91,473,934
WiiU 83,578 (+106%) 11,709,287
PS3 28,241 (-28%) 79,083,917
XOne 1,816 (-7%) 297,975
Wii 1,367 (-7%) 69,270,139
PSP 530 (-7%) 77,305,524
DS 197 (-7%) 175,163,847
X360 58 (-8%) 12,670,027
Total560,969(-4%) 

This is how the software numbers look like for Japan over the last two generations. Ignore the column in the middle and focus on the right one. The four handhelds combine for over 350m units of software sold, the six home consoles for 180m. We can safely conclude that Japanese gamers buy much more software for handhelds than for home consoles.

The way I can see that the PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI outsells the 3DS version is that the game doesn't release anytime soon (say, second half of 2017), so by that time NX would have already gotten a foothold in the Japanese market and feature a version of DQ XI on its own. But in a scenario where the game releases sooner, the 3DS version should comfortably win. If Dragon Quest is still popular and can sell 4m units with a new mainline entry, then the PS4 simply lacks the installed base to compete with the 3DS. A 50% attach rate (which is unreasonably high) would still make it a struggle to account for half of the sales of a new Dragon Quest game.

I Only knew Worldwide number, so Handheld really sell more software on Japan, the Game will launch  this year, the Creator said that the Story is nearly finished, and the Intro is already playable, he said it on January 2016, if launch late this year, Playstation 4, will have  over 4 Millions of units sold or even more, the Nintendo DS, was the most popular Handheld on Japan, and it sold over 4.6 Millions of Dragon Quest IX.

I Think that Dragon Quest XI, can beat Monster Hunter's numbers on 3DS, and it will be one of the Best Selling playstation 4 tittles.

no lol, just no

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Thanks to the creator being a fan. Ps4 wouldn't get it if it wasn't for his wishes. You better hope for the same for MHs creator. Why even spend that extra money on a poor selling version when you could instead spend it on a sequel on 3DS? Why even choose PS4? WiiU versions would sell the same and then Ninty could even allow cross plat play. In other words, Sony isn't needed stop portbegging. No benefit in including Sony or any other plat than 3DS because it IS JAPAN. You are only worried about Sonys success, maybe you should ask Sony to do better at first party games. Ninty has Japan on lock due to their own efforts not 3rd party portbegging. I always find it funny seeing a certain fanbase portbeg because it's "better to have the game available to more people" yet don't see anything wrong WiiU being left out lol. It's always because a WiiU version would cost more because it's weaker, yet this same logic could certainly be used between 3DS and Ps4 then lol. A ps4 version would cost more, so I understand it being left out lol.

Your aggressive attitude isn't needed and has been that way from the very first post. Ease up!

Guess who! Carl sounds pretty tough over the internet lol.

Nintyfan90 alt banned - Miguel_Zorro

nintyfan91 said:
Swordmasterman said:

no lol, just no

Dragon Quest Heroes, already is the second best selling game on PS4, and is a Spin-off, you really thing that Dragon Quest XI, cannot be PS4'S Best selling tittle ?, i think that only Final Fantasy, would be able to sell more.

Swordmasterman said:
nintyfan91 said:

no lol, just no

Dragon Quest Heroes, already is the second best selling game on PS4, and is a Spin-off, you really thing that Dragon Quest XI, cannot be PS4'S Best selling tittle ?, i think that only Final Fantasy, would be able to sell more.

And it's in Sony's best interests.  A console with DQ11 + spin offs, FF15, KH3, FF7R, GTA 6 and a monster hunter mainline entry (shared with handheld)  + spin offs is going to do very well in Japan.  Couple with series like yakuza,  resident evil,  gran turismo,  Persona 5 etc etc and it really would have a chance at passing the ps3. 

Sony aren't dumb and their relationship with capcom has improved greatly.  I struggle to see them not getting in on the monster hunter action.  Only way of it not happening is if Nintendo pay big bucks for exclusivity.  

An interesting title though,  is yokai watch.  When they start making this for NX,  and if NX games port to ps4 easily, I wonder if they'll get that too.  It's a huge franchise and I could definitely see it selling over 500k on ps4.

OneKartVita said:
Swordmasterman said:

And it's in Sony's best interests.  A console with DQ11 + spin offs, FF15, KH3, FF7R, GTA 6 and a monster hunter mainline entry (shared with handheld)  + spin offs is going to do very well in Japan.  Couple with series like yakuza,  resident evil,  gran turismo,  Persona 5 etc etc and it really would have a chance at passing the ps3. 

Sony aren't dumb and their relationship with capcom has improved greatly.  I struggle to see them not getting in on the monster hunter action.  Only way of it not happening is if Nintendo pay big bucks for exclusivity.  

An interesting title though,  is yokai watch.  When they start making this for NX,  and if NX games port to ps4 easily, I wonder if they'll get that too.  It's a huge franchise and I could definitely see it selling over 500k on ps4.

Can we let go of Nintendo pays for MH argument now? Seems like this will go on for years to come while (if) mainline/big spin offs MH stays Nintendo exclusive :/

I dunno, for some reason this feels like an excuse fans use when not getting MH for their system of choice. Its been said for years now :0

I am loving this predictions! But maybe you guys are kinda moving away to the main topic......? Someone already got banned because of it......(Need a mod to confirm this, since each mod is different to each one) But I guess your all trying to say is that if the PS4 gets these games, it will only improve the hardware sales of it ----> Which can beat the PS3!

Edit: And I don't want a mod to close this thread! 

Pocky Lover Boy!