By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why i'm probably not getting Fire emblem Fates

spemanig said:

That's only one lost sale.

I never understood the "sorry, you can't have my money" rhetoric. Like they got someone else's. Many someone else's. Most people aren't going outright not buy a game just because they couldn't get a special edition, because most people buy games primarily to, you know, play them. Nintendo isn't having an emotional break down over one lost sale. The game still sold well. They are happy.

Ya I never understood the whole not support a game to teach a company a lesson theory. This game is on track to be the best selling game in the series, Nintendo is not going to look at the data and say, "holy shit, Nem didn't buy this game because he couldn't get a special edition, we better rethink our strategy!!!!"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Thankgod your reason wasn't because of the censorship or the CONTENT!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I am waiting for a special edition restock its been a long wait. :^l

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Its okay no need to stress about it. I have found that limited editions are a bit overrated. Usually an art book that i look through once, sometimes a soundtrack that you can get for free somewhere online, steelbook cover...meh. Just by it digitally its so much more convenient.

noname2200 said:
Platina said:
If they released the games as 1 game, I would have had the game since launch... but nope, still don't own the game

Ah, but they did!

Availability is, apparently, something of an issue though...

but at the price of 2.. :/

I mean as one game with 2 paths

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
spemanig said:

I never understood the "sorry, you can't have my money" rhetoric. Like they got someone else's. Many someone else's. Most people aren't going outright not buy a game just because they couldn't get a special edition, because most people buy games primarily to, you know, play them. Nintendo isn't having an emotional break down over one lost sale. The game still sold well. They are happy.

And? If someone isn't happy with how a company is handling things, it seems voting with your wallet is the only option.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

And? If someone isn't happy with how a company is handling things, it seems voting with your wallet is the only option.

I'm probably not buying it because there's no choice to a black avatar in the character creation. I get the "voting with your wallet" idea in theory, but I am under no kind of delusion that Nintendo cares or will change their decision because of me.

I'm not teach them a lesson. I'm not hitting them where it hurts. I'm just buying something else that is more inclusive and maybe hoping the next game will add skin tones and diverse hairstyles and facial features.

outlawauron said:
spemanig said:

Not really because the game is already a big success, his one lost sale will mean nothing to Nintendo, they will see that the game is a big success and continue what they are doing.

Instead of complaining about it on a message board that Nintendo will never see, he should go on one of their social media pages or email them expressing his displeasure with how they handled things. That at least has a chance of being seen by them which increases the chances of them fixing the problem.

Voting with your wallet doesn't work unless it's a huge amount of people who do the same and even that doesn't work because it doesn't explain to Nintendo what they did wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

spemanig said:
outlawauron said:

I'm probably not buying it because there's no choice to a black avatar in the character creation. I get the "voting with your wallet" idea in theory, but I am under no kind of delusion that Nintendo cares or will change their decision because of me.

I'm not teach them a lesson. I'm not hitting them where it hurts. I'm just buying something else that is more inclusive and maybe hoping the next game will add skin tones and diverse hairstyles and facial features.

Agreed, "voting with your wallet" doesn't work because it doesn't let them know why you aren't buying the game. It doesn't teach them a lesson or hurt them in any significant way.

Are you being serious that you probably won't buy the game because of lack of diversity in character creation? If so, you should try contacting them and let them know you want that in future installments, the only way they will know that people want that is if people tell them that's what they want.

KLXVER said:
I have zero interest in Fire Emblem, so I support anyone who doesn't buy Fates. Bigger chance for me that Nintendo focus more on games I like

Well that's selfish, but I am the same way towards their non gamer games, and it seems like it's actually coming to fruition!