By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why i'm probably not getting Fire emblem Fates

MTZehvor said:
Nem said:

SE will be available at retailers after this ND... or at day X... or even during month Y. Nintendo does determine how many copies each retailer gets. They themselves said that. They said that Nintendo alocates a number of SE's per country and each retailer on that country gets a certain share. So, its not about number of pre-orders each retailer has or anything.

As for giving to pre-order or making it available you are right. As there were both. But it was a situation created by Nintendo for having withheld the availability of the SE's when they announced them nor giving any sort of estimate on their availability.

I'd be interested in getting a source on Nintendo determining how many copies each retailer gets, because that's usually not the case with SEs.

Regardless, announcing the limitedness of it would probably have made things even worse. Would have encouraged scalpers along with the usual frenzy of buyers.

Yeah... it far from the ideal solution. They should simply do it like normal publishers do and have it up for pre-order with the regular edition and produce them based on demand. In theory, they make more money from these special editions... so it would be in their interest to do that... but oh well...

Around the Network

For those in Australia, a second shipment of the limited edition has gone up for preorder on EB games. Wont arrive till July though.
I purchased it straight away and I suggest anyone interested get on it sooner rather than later.