By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - March 7th - 13th 2016

leyendax69 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Do you think ps4 can win at the end? ff13 already released on ps3 launches aligned?

FFXIII came out one year from now launch aligned (3 years after the PS3 came out). And so FFXV will come out earlier on the PS4 than FFXIII did on the PS3 (the PS4 just reached 2 years old). The PS4 has yet to have any big hitters like a new Resident Evil game or a game from a big franchise that isn't cross-gen (like the Yakuza series or the Metal Gear Solid series).

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Do you think ps4 can win at the end? ff13 already released on ps3 launches aligned?

FF13 isn't out yet, look at the next holiday for PS3 where it spikes up.  Then it had really good legs after that.  PS4 win will depend on if it can have legs like the PS3 or not.  PS3 was a late bloomer with a long life and steady legs.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I see, thanks guys ^

Shadow1980 said:
think-man said:
PS4 is dominating lately is it outselling the ps3?

this along with your other graphs on here are the real money maker when it comes to dicussing the ps4's success. it's  doing very well. in your last post you referenced factors that might influence the gen. i have a few things to add. 

1: I believe the PS4 will reach a much lower price point than the ps3 ever could thus giving it increased sales potential. 

2: PSVR. We just don't know but this might attrack some of the wii motion control crowd and increase sales by a few hundred thousand to possibly over a million. 

3: Western titles. They've already grown significantly but that growth might continue. Western support is guaranteed to be coming in both quality and quantity. If they keep growing in japan this could boost sales this gen compared to others. GTA VI for example will probably over 1.5M on PS4 and possibly more. 

I beleive this gen will be long because the PS4 is the perfect machine for Sony to make money. I can easily see another 5 years without a successor. 

10M is my prediction. By the end of 2017 i can see it around 6M. Another 4 years of support would ensure 10M will be done no problem. 3 years before the PS5 and it would probably still do it. 

hiska-kun said:
Ruler said:

So The Division outsold Zelda and was almost twice more expensive. Dragon Quest Builders keeps making more money than Minecraft.

As always you still doing your agenda. A new game selling more than a remaster, wow never seen that before, I'm amazed. And Western games sell well in Japan, we're not in 2010 anymore. It's time to wake up.

Dragon Quest Builders making more money than Minecraft. Don't make me laugh. Your nonsense comparing the prices and not the sales is so simple. If you are using the money made as an argument, why don't you include the MONEY SPEND? It's a fact that DQB budget is far larger than Minecraft, why don't we compare this if you want to talk about money? And the huge promotion that Square Enix did for the game? They filled Shinjuku station of Dragon Quest Builders marketing. I've never seen something like this for Minecraft. Actually, when Minecraft was launched, it didn't have add on TV and any kind of promotion. It kept selling week after week thanks to the word of mouth. That's the best promotion weapon, you don't have to spend any yen promoting, people will do for you instead. 

Say that DQB made more money than Minecraft is a manipulated argument, because the truth is Minecraft is making more money with a lower budget and almost no promotion. 

To be clear, I'm not saying that DQB sold bad. It sold according to many predictions that we, sales observers did. We were expecting a big opening and poor legs. And here we are, Minecraft already outselling it.

Not really because the Yen is lower than the Dollar, it didnt cost them a lot at all to devolope and market this game in Japan. The legs of these DQB games are fantastic for the price they are selling and you are only talking about 1 Vita version, with the PS4 and 3 versions it sold even more and made even more moeny these evrsions are even more expnesive.

here is more detail

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214693

Around the Network

Still Wii U shortages? They've had many weeks to fix this now, isn't it time they do?

Mummelmann said:
Still Wii U shortages? They've had many weeks to fix this now, isn't it time they do?

Don't think they're planning to fix them. This is them basically just selling off what's left of their Wii U inventory and that'll be that. 

This has been going on for months now, it doesn't take that long to manufacture Wii Us. 

Soundwave said:
Mummelmann said:

Don't think they're planning to fix them. This is them basically just selling off what's left of their Wii U inventory and that'll be that. 

This has been going on for months now, it doesn't take that long to manufacture Wii Us. 

That's precisely what I'm thinking, I mentioned it in another thread (and the idea even went unopposed).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7801319

Ruler said:
hiska-kun said:

As always you still doing your agenda. A new game selling more than a remaster, wow never seen that before, I'm amazed. And Western games sell well in Japan, we're not in 2010 anymore. It's time to wake up.

Dragon Quest Builders making more money than Minecraft. Don't make me laugh. Your nonsense comparing the prices and not the sales is so simple. If you are using the money made as an argument, why don't you include the MONEY SPEND? It's a fact that DQB budget is far larger than Minecraft, why don't we compare this if you want to talk about money? And the huge promotion that Square Enix did for the game? They filled Shinjuku station of Dragon Quest Builders marketing. I've never seen something like this for Minecraft. Actually, when Minecraft was launched, it didn't have add on TV and any kind of promotion. It kept selling week after week thanks to the word of mouth. That's the best promotion weapon, you don't have to spend any yen promoting, people will do for you instead. 

Say that DQB made more money than Minecraft is a manipulated argument, because the truth is Minecraft is making more money with a lower budget and almost no promotion. 

To be clear, I'm not saying that DQB sold bad. It sold according to many predictions that we, sales observers did. We were expecting a big opening and poor legs. And here we are, Minecraft already outselling it.

Not really because the Yen is lower than the Dollar, it didnt cost them a lot at all to devolope and market this game in Japan. The legs of these DQB games are fantastic for the price they are selling and you are only talking about 1 Vita version, with the PS4 and 3 versions it sold even more and made even more moeny these evrsions are even more expnesive.

here is more detail

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214693

If you're talking about The Division, since was produced by a non japanese company, precisely because the Yen is lower than the dollar, they earn less when they exchange yens to dollars. 

If you are talking about DQB, since SE is a japanese company they don't care about exchanges rates because the yen is their local money. And of course the console versions are more expensive than the Vita, because they cost more than the portable version, so need a bigger amount of money to make profit.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

OneKartVita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I mean, i really don't get why you compare those 2 games honestly.

Division did good, same Twilight Princess.

No doesn't matter if the market is death, the PS4 currently is the only console which is doing alright those weeks. Wii U is a fail, and XB1 is a joke.

Again, in Japan, like in the rest of world, those are strong months, and i think PS4 should sell more than this for sell "VERY WELL".

If 25k is the basis in March, you should prepare for a barely over ( if not under some weeks) 10k in April / May.

Despite less big titles compared to 2015 so far it's actually up YOY.  It will have another good few weeks and it will have a good may.  

You can't call the market dead and then not call the ps4 sales exceptional.

No one can Stop Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, and Persona, and all those games will have a Main game launched this year on Japan, the Playstation 4, will be much up YOY, than last year, Square Expect Final Fantasy XV, to sell more than FFVII, if they expect to sell more equally on all regions, the FFXV, need to sell more than 3.5 Millions on Japan.

I Think that the Biggest  Third Party Exclusives to sell on  Home Consoles on Japan, are Dragon Quest (Vii, i think) more than 4-4.3 Millions, and Final Fantasy VIII, more than 4 Millions.