By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - March 7th - 13th 2016

Ruler said:

A new Western Game outsold a Zelda Remaster in Japan

Well, if you really think that Zelda is strong in Japan, you should look at the previous numbers xDDDDDD. These are solid numbers for a TP remaster.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
tbone51 said:

A new game outsold a remaster? Oh my! Why don't you compare all remasters to LoZ for a more fair comparison 

Zelda isn't that popular in Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Ruler said:

It is.  Just on handheld. 

zorg1000 said:
Ruler said:

You are calling Hiska, again. Lol.

So... Twilight Princess HD did better than I expected. WWHD did 35k or something, so this is certainly an improvement for Japan.

PS4 and 3DS neck and neck again! :o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
zorg1000 said:

It is.  Just on handheld. 

Not really, typically sells sub-500k in Japan even on handhelds. It doesn't sell awful but it's surely not some mega-hitter.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

horuhe said:
zorg1000 said:

You are calling Hiska, again. Lol.

Does not compute

Ruler said:

So The Division outsold Zelda and was almost twice more expensive. Dragon Quest Builders keeps making more money than Minecraft.

As always you still doing your agenda. A new game selling more than a remaster, wow never seen that before, I'm amazed. And Western games sell well in Japan, we're not in 2010 anymore. It's time to wake up.

Dragon Quest Builders making more money than Minecraft. Don't make me laugh. Your nonsense comparing the prices and not the sales is so simple. If you are using the money made as an argument, why don't you include the MONEY SPEND? It's a fact that DQB budget is far larger than Minecraft, why don't we compare this if you want to talk about money? And the huge promotion that Square Enix did for the game? They filled Shinjuku station of Dragon Quest Builders marketing. I've never seen something like this for Minecraft. Actually, when Minecraft was launched, it didn't have add on TV and any kind of promotion. It kept selling week after week thanks to the word of mouth. That's the best promotion weapon, you don't have to spend any yen promoting, people will do for you instead. 

Say that DQB made more money than Minecraft is a manipulated argument, because the truth is Minecraft is making more money with a lower budget and almost no promotion. 

To be clear, I'm not saying that DQB sold bad. It sold according to many predictions that we, sales observers did. We were expecting a big opening and poor legs. And here we are, Minecraft already outselling it.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

The thread that I always look forward every week! Not just for the numbers! XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PS4 is dominating lately is it outselling the ps3?