By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - March 7th - 13th 2016

Mummelmann said:
Still Wii U shortages? They've had many weeks to fix this now, isn't it time they do?

Don't worry! Zelda U and The Announcement of more Wii U's coming will be in e3!!!! And it will be the only Wii U content they will show! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
hiska-kun said:
Ruler said:

So The Division outsold Zelda and was almost twice more expensive. Dragon Quest Builders keeps making more money than Minecraft.

As always you still doing your agenda. A new game selling more than a remaster, wow never seen that before, I'm amazed. And Western games sell well in Japan, we're not in 2010 anymore. It's time to wake up.

Dragon Quest Builders making more money than Minecraft. Don't make me laugh. Your nonsense comparing the prices and not the sales is so simple. If you are using the money made as an argument, why don't you include the MONEY SPEND? It's a fact that DQB budget is far larger than Minecraft, why don't we compare this if you want to talk about money? And the huge promotion that Square Enix did for the game? They filled Shinjuku station of Dragon Quest Builders marketing. I've never seen something like this for Minecraft. Actually, when Minecraft was launched, it didn't have add on TV and any kind of promotion. It kept selling week after week thanks to the word of mouth. That's the best promotion weapon, you don't have to spend any yen promoting, people will do for you instead. 

Say that DQB made more money than Minecraft is a manipulated argument, because the truth is Minecraft is making more money with a lower budget and almost no promotion. 

To be clear, I'm not saying that DQB sold bad. It sold according to many predictions that we, sales observers did. We were expecting a big opening and poor legs. And here we are, Minecraft already outselling it.

How much is Minecraft ?, 40US$ per unit ?, lets say 28US$ go to Mojang, The game Sold 70 Millions, so is 1.96 Billions of Profit, this without the Cost of Production, but also Without the sales of Add-on, like those new DLCs coming on, but this is a Average, Microsoft, purchased Minecraft, for 2.5 Billions, and they Purchased after the Game had more than 50 Millions of Units, so even with ADD On, if they made 60US$ per game, would still only be 1.2 Billions of Profit, still a Loss of 1.3 Billions, even if Microsoft, was there from the very begining, the Loss would be Hundred of Millions, or atleast a Profit of less than few Dozens of Millions, we still don't know how much they Sold with DLC.

So, if you want to talk about "Profit" Minecraft, is with a Loss, because of Microsoft's aquisition of 2.5 Billions, this is a Loss, that must be paid by the game in order to make any profit, while Dragon Quest, is a Famous franchise, with Character Development of one of the biggest Animators of Japan, that is Akira Toriyama, on a Console that the Development cost is on PS2'S Level, maybe a little bigger if they need to start from the Zero, but they already had the Character's Model, the Cost mighty be 8-12 Millions for a Vita Game, You can raise the Highest edge of cost here, lets say it cost 12 Millions with Development + Marketing, for a Spin Off of Dragon Quest.

Minecraft, is being sold for 2300Y, on Japan, this is over 20 US$, and Dragon Quest, was being sold for 5900Y, this is a little less than 60US$, i don't know Minecraft's price today, but if is 20US$, if aways was 20US$, because i never saw the Price, there is no way that Minecraft, made more money than Dragon Quest Builders.

And if you take Minecraft on Vita, and Dragon Quest Builders, on Vita, Dragon Quest, made more Revenue, Minecraft, atleast it sell more Dozens of Millions of units, the game will not make a profit.

hiska-kun said:
Ruler said:

Not really because the Yen is lower than the Dollar, it didnt cost them a lot at all to devolope and market this game in Japan. The legs of these DQB games are fantastic for the price they are selling and you are only talking about 1 Vita version, with the PS4 and 3 versions it sold even more and made even more moeny these evrsions are even more expnesive.

here is more detail

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214693

If you're talking about The Division, since was produced by a non japanese company, precisely because the Yen is lower than the dollar, they earn less when they exchange yens to dollars. 

If you are talking about DQB, since SE is a japanese company they don't care about exchanges rates because the yen is their local money. And of course the console versions are more expensive than the Vita, because they cost more than the portable version, so need a bigger amount of money to make profit.

i was talking about DQB, there are really no expensive costs for console ports because the game was designed that way to be launched on 3 different platforms. Since the Vita Hardware is the lowest denominator the cost must be pretty low overall

Dengeki up in 2nd post.

Mummelmann said:
Still Wii U shortages? They've had many weeks to fix this now, isn't it time they do?

They are planning to fix it. It's called the NX. It's not profitable for them to up production of the Wii U to meet a small resurgance in demand in one market. 

Around the Network
hiska-kun said:
Ruler said:

So The Division outsold Zelda and was almost twice more expensive. Dragon Quest Builders keeps making more money than Minecraft.

As always you still doing your agenda. A new game selling more than a remaster, wow never seen that before, I'm amazed. And Western games sell well in Japan, we're not in 2010 anymore. It's time to wake up.

Dragon Quest Builders making more money than Minecraft. Don't make me laugh. Your nonsense comparing the prices and not the sales is so simple. If you are using the money made as an argument, why don't you include the MONEY SPEND? It's a fact that DQB budget is far larger than Minecraft, why don't we compare this if you want to talk about money? And the huge promotion that Square Enix did for the game? They filled Shinjuku station of Dragon Quest Builders marketing. I've never seen something like this for Minecraft. Actually, when Minecraft was launched, it didn't have add on TV and any kind of promotion. It kept selling week after week thanks to the word of mouth. That's the best promotion weapon, you don't have to spend any yen promoting, people will do for you instead. 

Say that DQB made more money than Minecraft is a manipulated argument, because the truth is Minecraft is making more money with a lower budget and almost no promotion. 

To be clear, I'm not saying that DQB sold bad. It sold according to many predictions that we, sales observers did. We were expecting a big opening and poor legs. And here we are, Minecraft already outselling it.

hiska-kun said:
Pavolink said:

Do you know the shipments?

There're two SKUs of Zelda TP HD, the Amiibo SKU and the standalone version. It has been reported by some stores that the Amiibo version is selling great, and they needed a new shipment to meet demand. On the other side, the standalone version is barely moving.

Note that the Famitsu and MC numbers combine both versions. If the Amiibo SKU sold 80% of the shipment, and the standalone only 40%, that makes a 60% average. That is what Famitsu is showing.

Good posts hiska-kun. It's always good to read posts of someone that understand well the market.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
hiska-kun said:

hiska-kun said:

There're two SKUs of Zelda TP HD, the Amiibo SKU and the standalone version. It has been reported by some stores that the Amiibo version is selling great, and they needed a new shipment to meet demand. On the other side, the standalone version is barely moving.

Note that the Famitsu and MC numbers combine both versions. If the Amiibo SKU sold 80% of the shipment, and the standalone only 40%, that makes a 60% average. That is what Famitsu is showing.

Good posts hiska-kun. It's always good to read posts of someone that understand well the market.

One of the great users here! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

(excellent performance from The Division. Expect decent legs)
From Hiska-San on gaf:
Media Create Sell-through

01./00. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division (Ubisoft) {2016.03.10} (¥8.400) - 80.703 / NEW [Units shipped => 94.390]
02./00. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD # (Nintendo) {2016.03.10} (¥5.700) - 52.282 / NEW [Units Shipped => 92.013]

Combined Sales

[PS4+XB1] Tom Clancy's The Division (Ubisoft) {2016.03.10} (¥8.400) - 82.000 / NEW

Media Create Comparison (first week and LTD)

[PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400) - 23.402 / 87.000

Media Create expects the same kind of legs.

First Day Sell-Through

[PSV] Digimon World: Next Order (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.800) - 40-50%

[PS4] Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Sakura Edition (Marvelous) (¥4.980) - 50%

[WIU] Pokken Tournament # (Pokemon Co.) (¥7.200) - Today on sale, considerable shipment

Also, Nintendo Happy Price Selection started low (I consider this a normal thing for low price release)

A decent opening for TPHD. I wonder how well it's going to sell in the longrun.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

This week's releases

{2016.03.17}

[PSV] Digimon World: Next Order <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.800)

[PS4] Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Sakura Edition <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥4.980)

[PSV] Wand of Fortune R # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.800)

[PSV] Omerta Code: Tycoon Kai # <ADV> (Karin Chatnoir Omega) (¥5.800)

{2016.03.18}

[WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) (¥7.200)