By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PSVR, You in?

Are you going to buy PSVR?

Yes 366 47.53%

No 226 29.35%

Maybe 178 23.12%

Total:770

TAG

Around the Network

Question: Can I privately play my normal games on the PSVR, or does it HAVE to be virtual reality?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Question: Can I privately play my normal games on the PSVR, or does it HAVE to be virtual reality?

you can watch movies and play regular games using psvr as a viewer, this function alone sold me on it no matter the price. 

400 plus the price of the camera... almost 500 but where are the good games for the tech tho? i'm genuinely asking, is there an amazing game for the PS VR?

Azuren said:

There is a "cinema mode" that allows you to basically use the PS4 normally on a giant screen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/15/ogle-on-playstation-vrs-official-images-from-every-possible-angle/

Greg Miller Tweeted this a while ago.

"Used #PlayStationVR to watch a movie, play Flower, look at Trophies.

It was like a movie theater screen! Imagine Uncharted like this!"

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Threalhusanrolla said:
Azuren said:

you can watch movies and play regular games using psvr as a viewer, this function alone sold me on it no matter the price. 

Hmm. That's an interesting feature. Nice to know that.

onionberry said:
400 plus the price of the camera... almost 500 but where are the good games for the tech tho? i'm genuinely asking, is there an amazing game for the PS VR?

Battlefront, GT, Ace Combat, Driveclub, Tekken 7, Plus a bunch of really interesting looking VR only games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Only when they release a console ready to play games at 90 - 120fps.

As soon as I see a game that interests me (I missed the announcement so there may already be something that catches my eye), I'll preorder and pay it off. Been waiting a long time for this! I ALMOST bought that personal 3D viewer back in like 2010.

I haven't been sold on the PS4 yet, so that makes the barrier on this too high to consider. If I get a PS4 down the line things may be a little different, but I still think I'd have to wait for 200 dollars.