By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PSVR, You in?

Are you going to buy PSVR?

Yes 366 47.53%

No 226 29.35%

Maybe 178 23.12%

Total:770
Normchacho said:
GamechaserBE said:
Pre ordered one in November. Having an CV1 in May and a PS VR in October as a fan of VR I am trying to support so many vr devices as possible.

Jesus! That's dedication!

I feel like I mentioned it a lot and think some even are tired of me mentioning it but I belong to a group of gamers who are VR fans. One of my friends also streams with VR devices on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/zimtok5/profile  We played basically close to a hundred of games/demos and even small movies with VR. I only don't get a Gear VR because I don't have a samsung and no vive because I don't have the room space for it.  Even when PSVR is maybe not the best VR I just have get it because I believe in a VR future and really want PSVR to be a succes.

Around the Network

need to try it first. I already have the ps move though.

GamechaserBE said:
Normchacho said:

Jesus! That's dedication!

I feel like I mentioned it a lot and think some even are tired of me mentioning it but I belong to a group of gamers who are VR fans. One of my friends also streams with VR devices on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/zimtok5/profile  We played basically close to a hundred of games/demos and even small movies with VR. I only don't get a Gear VR because I don't have a samsung and no vive because I don't have the room space for it.  Even when PSVR is maybe not the best VR I just have get it because I believe in a VR future and really want PSVR to be a succes.

That's cool! Have you used PSVR before? If so, how is it?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

If Sony shows they are willing to support the thing then yeah.

Normchacho said:
GamechaserBE said:

PSVR no wished though.

Around the Network

yeah i'm in. At $399 it is low enough to be my second console this gen. I thought about getting one of the others but this is a completely new experience to all of them including the PS4. It should also really appeal to my girlfriend who isn't into console gaming.

GamechaserBE said:
Normchacho said:

PSVR no wished though.

Yeah, I'll hopefully get a chance to try it out at PAX East this year...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Nintation360 said:

Way too expensive. We are looking at another PSV failture (first was the Vita)

I dunno about that. If somone is keen on getting in to VR but they lack all necessary hardware then a PS4+PSVR is at a very competitive price compared to Occulus + forking out for a PC with the specs capable of handling it. Though if you think VR as a whole will fail like Vita / Wii U then I can't completely disagree. I think this is a pretty high risk market with everyone possibly doomed to fail. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Na. Too expensive and the software will take a while to find its feet.

Waiting for PSVR2 on PS5

Just wanted to say that Greg Miller posted a similar question on Twitter and his numbers after 5,000 votes are as follows.

Yes: 40%
No: 29%
Undecided: 31%

Bet with Adamblaziken: