By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst 7 Female Stereotypes in Videogames That Need to Go

Tagged games:

TallSilhouette said:

I'm saving this.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Nope, don't agree, developers should have freedom to do characters spawing from any kind of possibilities, and if they want a prostitute, a damsel in distress, a badass strong female character or anything else, they should do it without a second thought.

What should stop is people trying to put a limit or rule to a creative work, just fuck off.

100% this!

TallSilhouette said:

And the problem is that statements like these don't get recognized by the vocal modern day feminists.

This has "typical SJW feminazi bullshit article" written all over it.

Seriously, TWO sections of this article are devoted to "sexualizing womenz, oh noez!"

Cry me a f'ing river.

TallSilhouette said:

I was going to post, but this nails it.

Around the Network

Types of crying that needs to go away...this article makes number 1.

Seriously the stereotypes surround all genders and ethnic groups. Get over it. These developers should be free to create their own vision without oversensitive activists trying to force their own ideals and visions down our throats. They are truly the worst kind of people in this world (well, aside from the obvious major criminals in the world. You get my point).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Contrary to popular belief women also like to see beautiful women. Arguably more then men. So not only do these scantily clad women appeal to a lot of men, but they also appeal to a lot of women. When the women are beautiful they essentially have two markets, the men who like to play as sexy women and the women. While a macho man would only have men play them for the most part. I don't know how many women would like to play as Zangief for example... But many men and women would play as Chun Li.

TallSilhouette said:
spemanig said:
Tails is a male Damsel in Distress. No one cries sexism.
Mario in Luigi's Mansion is a male Damsel in Distress. No one cries sexism.
Dante is meant to be eye candy and a badass. Ain't nobody mad.
Drake is meant to be eye candy and a badass. Ain't nobody mad.

That is all kinds of brilliant!

Who the heck actually thinks these need to go? Stereotypes exist because they are often true. Second of all game makers give us what we want. We want eye candy so we get it. Shame on this article trying to take away things that we enjoy in order to be PC. SJW's like this ruin everything.

I can understand and agree, if the article was about games needing better writing and character development. Female stereotypes in games need to go? Oh blah. What's the problem? Stereotypes are not bad and many actual people are walking stereotypes so why shouldn't fictional characters be created following a different trend of stereotypes. It's harmless and completely normal.