By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nickelodeon loves to ruin our childhood

Should the current Nickelodeon go die in a ditch?

Sure! 20 26.32%

Yes! 12 15.79%

Of course! 8 10.53%

Why didn't they already!? 36 47.37%

Total:76

Cartoon Network would like to have a word with you...

Around the Network

Isn't Jimmy Neutron going to Netflix though?

Shadow1980 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
You're definitely younger than me cause i don't remember Nickelodean for those shows. Doug, Pete & Pete, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Dude, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Rug Rats. Those are shows i remember.

I remember those, but I also remember Double Dare, You Can't Do That on Television, Out of Control, Mr. Wizard's World, Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, Inspector Gadget, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Nick Arcade, and Wild & Crazy Kids. The 80s & early to mid 90s were great. The only 21st century shows that Nick ran that I've enjoyed were Invader Zim, Avatar (both TLA and TLoK), and even the new TMNT series.

And this brings back a lot of memories...

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of Alvin & the Chipmunks, my niece watches it and I noticed that at least they still use the same opening theme as the 80s Chipmunks cartoon.

Doesn't ruin my childhood at all.... I'm grown!!!!!! Changing cartoons now will never ruin the experience I had as a child. It makes no sense to me.

I don't know. Nickelodeon cartoons always looked second rate to me. They where always those Cartoon Network wannabes. So this doesn't changes much.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I loved inspector gadget as a kid

This one

Not his one

Or this one

3D ruins everything

I was also absolutely hooked on Tin Tin movies

This one

Not this one

Just make something new. The movie wasn't even that bad, just hard to watch the character abominations.
Still woiuld rather see more 2D movies.

Why is it ruining your childhood? Do they make you watch this new shows or what?

More awesome childhood memories

Ruined

Did not grow up on Nickelodeon. Thought Sponge Bob was always terrible. Whilst ruining old shows is terrible and majority of cartoons now are terrible, the only thing that's really changed is that old cartons get butchered at a more frequent pace, as majority of cartoons have always been terrible. Nothing can ruin your childhood because you're an adult. You had those moments growing already so that can't ruin your childhood. Worry about future generations when looking at quality shows. Not yourself.

You know what's interesting though? They are bringing back 'Hey Arnold!' with the original writer and letting him finish the story-line he set out to do years ago. It was this year 2016. I predicted it be would announced this year in 2012. That prediction out of thin air. Back when I still used facebook at the time and stumbled upon a group of 'Hey Arnold!' fans who put a huge amount of time and effort consistently communicating with the creator and Nickelodeon in a positive light. They rigorously brought back the show they believed should be seen today. You can let it go and move on, or do what they did because to be honest, festering in your nostalgia and complaining that they are ruining your now nonexistent childhood instead of looking at cartoons in general and worrying about future generations is both immature and gets nothing done.