By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nickelodeon loves to ruin our childhood

Should the current Nickelodeon go die in a ditch?

Sure! 20 26.32%

Yes! 12 15.79%

Of course! 8 10.53%

Why didn't they already!? 36 47.37%

Total:76

The original is always there if I want to go back and relive my childhood so I'm not really bothered about what's on TV now a days.

Around the Network

I agree, Nick is total ass nowadays. I know I'm not the target demographic but even then I can tell these shows are awful

I grew up with Ninja Turtles and i gotta say that im loving the new one alot more than ever. Michael Bay killed that for me with their reboot movies, but thankfully Nickelodeon saved it for me.

JWeinCom said:
Well, it could also just be that you're not the target audience anymore.

Thank you.

V-r0cK said:
I grew up with Ninja Turtles and i gotta say that im loving the new one alot more than ever. Michael Bay killed that for me with their reboot movies, but thankfully Nickelodeon saved it for me.

So you are honestly not gonna watch the new one with Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang?

Around the Network

None of those series was any good to begin with.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Ruining your childhood is just an expression.
And yes I do have to live daily with these abominations with a 4 and 6 year old.

Nowadays they don't even wait for you to grow up anymore.

Perhaps the characters are supposed to grow with you nowadays?
Thomas faced a similar downgrade to cgi.

Cartoons weren't that high quality when I grew up either with lots of repeating frames and sequences. Still looked better than the soulless cgi crap that comes along on tv nowadays. No wonder my kids are hooked on you tube let's play videos :p

Although it's just now that they're switching to 5-10 year old programming that the real cgi parade has begun.
Dora, Diego, Harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs, Max & Ruby, Toopy & Binoo, Caillou, Cat in the hat, all 2D. Treehouse stuff.
Rob the robot is 3D yet original, same as Special agent Oso, they loved it. Much better than Micky Mouse clubhouse, abomination.
Wild Kratts is the most popular atm, seems to be cat in the hat for older kids.

But hey no need to drag my childhood out of it's comfy 2D style. I don't want to see Flinstones, Scooby doo, Jetsons etc in 3D. No thanks.

Meh, I rarely watch a lot of TV anyways, both back then and now, so I can't say my childhood was ruined.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

FIT_Gamer said:
You're definitely younger than me cause i don't remember Nickelodean for those shows. Doug, Pete & Pete, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Dude, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Rug Rats. Those are shows i remember.

Dude all those and Rocko's modern life, Cat-Dog, Angry Beavers, aaah Real Monsters and Hey Arnold. Those were the best shows back in the day.

Also 80's Chipmunks for me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
FIT_Gamer said:
You're definitely younger than me cause i don't remember Nickelodean for those shows. Doug, Pete & Pete, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Dude, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Rug Rats. Those are shows i remember.

Dude all those and Rocko's modern life, Cat-Dog, Angry Beavers, aaah Real Monsters and Hey Arnold. Those were the best shows back in the day.

Yeah plus all the cool game shows. Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, What Would You Do?, GUTS, Wild & Crazy Kids. Nickelodean was amazing back then.