By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nickelodeon loves to ruin our childhood

Should the current Nickelodeon go die in a ditch?

Sure! 20 26.32%

Yes! 12 15.79%

Of course! 8 10.53%

Why didn't they already!? 36 47.37%

Total:76
FIT_Gamer said:
Chazore said:

Dude all those and Rocko's modern life, Cat-Dog, Angry Beavers, aaah Real Monsters and Hey Arnold. Those were the best shows back in the day.

Yeah plus all the cool game shows. Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, What Would You Do?, GUTS, Wild & Crazy Kids. Nickelodean was amazing back then. 

I forgot, which network had the Crystal Maze?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
V-r0cK said:
I grew up with Ninja Turtles and i gotta say that im loving the new one alot more than ever. Michael Bay killed that for me with their reboot movies, but thankfully Nickelodeon saved it for me.

So you are honestly not gonna watch the new one with Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang?

....no i still will xD

Cartoons these days are a joke. They used to be secretly educational.

Animaniacs anyone? Oh wait...feminists probably would have a fit over a show like this nowadays...pathetic.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Chazore said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Yeah plus all the cool game shows. Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, What Would You Do?, GUTS, Wild & Crazy Kids. Nickelodean was amazing back then. 

I forgot, which network had the Crystal Maze?.

Not sure, I don't think that was on American tv. At least i've never heard of it. 

FIT_Gamer said:
You're definitely younger than me cause i don't remember Nickelodean for those shows. Doug, Pete & Pete, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Dude, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Rug Rats. Those are shows i remember.

I'm 18. Shows I watched were Rugrats, Blue's Clues(lol best show ever), Spongebob from the beginning to '06, and so on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Cartoons these days are a joke. They used to be secretly educational.

Animaniacs anyone? Oh wait...feminists probably would have a fit over a show like this nowadays...pathetic.

Lmao that show had so many dirty jokes I overlooked as a kid.

Animaniacs and Full House(only first 2 seasons) were both hilarious. I like Cartoon Network's as well. Looney Tunes, Woody Wood Pecker(10/10), Tom&Jerry, Betty Boop, Casper, Popeye, Three Stooges, Teen Titans, and so on.

The only classic cartoon that wasn't ruined is Looney Tunes. The newer show isn't as violent, but it's actually enjoyable and the characters haven't turned annoying.

Tom & Jerry is ruined by irritated adults who think cartoons promote violence.

Teen Titans turned into a...weird cartoon. Can't complain. It's a different universe than the original, and it isn't as bad as the remakes for Alvin & the chimpmunks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

SvennoJ said:

I was also absolutely hooked on Tin Tin movies

This one

Not this one

Just make something new. The movie wasn't even that bad, just hard to watch the character abominations.
Still woiuld rather see more 2D movies.

Movie was strange. It felt weird watching it when I was so familiar with the peachy cartoons.

It was a great movie though. Unfortunate that not many people cared for it(or Tintin in general).

Ultrashroomz said:

Meh, I rarely watch a lot of TV anyways, both back then and now, so I can't say my childhood was ruined.

I know we're not the target audience(didn't watch much TV myself), but everything nowadays seems the same- a 3D show filled with stupid viral memes and songs.

My brother is hooked on Diamond Minecraft and this guy named Evantube. He barely watches cable TV shows. Tried making him watch something like Magic School Bus or Bill Nye. His reaction? "These shows are stupid".

Broke the heart I never had. He preferred watching a kid opening toys over Bill Nye.

hershel_layton said:
FIT_Gamer said:
You're definitely younger than me cause i don't remember Nickelodean for those shows. Doug, Pete & Pete, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Dude, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Rug Rats. Those are shows i remember.

I'm 18. Shows I watched were Rugrats, Blue's Clues(lol best show ever), Spongebob from the beginning to '06, and so on.

Yeah we're 11 years apart. I watched the older episodes of Rugrats, probably until around '97. Never watched Blue' Clues, definitely too old for that. I did watch Spongebob here and there. It was probably the last legit cartoon on Nickelodean. 

I agree. Cartoons now are boring. The new Spongebob is idiotic and boring.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile