By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Full Wii U Retail Release Timeline: 2013 to 2016 (Shokio and B0nd Vids) *Bonus Poll*

Do you think that the Wii U is the Worst Nintendo Console of All Time? (Virtual Boy NOT Included)

Yes 32 29.09%

No 77 70.00%

Total:109
curl-6 said:

The game droughts on Wii U are totally unacceptable, and perhaps the single biggest problem with the system.

If I had to name one reason why I'm not planning to get an NX, it's that after the last 5 years, I no longer trust Nintendo to supply an adequate stream of software, and I am not spending hundreds of dollars on another system that gets like 5-6 worthwhile games per year.

All that said, no, it's not the worst Nintendo system. That dubious honour still goes to the Gamecube.

Well it's tough to really make consistent software if you're having to share assets with two consoles, especially one in which the only supporter are the indies and the maker themselves. Sure they could hire more people but they are already doing that, and combining their handheld and home console divisions. They've been also seeking out other developers to collaborate in certain projects.

As for the OP, I don't really get his criteria if he's dismissing some games just because. Games are games, no matter if they're for casuals or for hardcore fans. I don't care if I don't think much about Just Dance games. They're still games that some of my friends play so why should I mess with their fun?

I don't mind if people think this is Nintendo's worst system, because opinions. But don't just dismiss certain games to fit your criteria and create something that only shows part of the big picture of the game library. The NES, the PS2, the Wii, and every other system had their share of bad/mediocre games, family games, etc. It's the way it is.

The Wii U is known for its droughts, but I can't say I regret getting one this previous holiday. Games like Splatoon, 3D World, Smash 4, Bayonetta 1&2, X, and future games like Pokken, #FE, Star Fox, and Zelda U are making my purchase more than worthwhile. Plus being able to play Earthbound, it's prequel, the Minish Cap, and indies are a big plus.

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

The game droughts on Wii U are totally unacceptable, and perhaps the single biggest problem with the system.

If I had to name one reason why I'm not planning to get an NX, it's that after the last 5 years, I no longer trust Nintendo to supply an adequate stream of software, and I am not spending hundreds of dollars on another system that gets like 5-6 worthwhile games per year.

All that said, no, it's not the worst Nintendo system. That dubious honour still goes to the Gamecube.

Well it's tough to really make consistent software if you're having to share assets with two consoles, especially one in which the only supporter are the indies and the maker themselves. Sure they could hire more people but they are already doing that, and combining their handheld and home console divisions. They've been also seeking out other developers to collaborate in certain projects.

The end result though is that we still have to endure months between noteworthy releases. And until they can show me that they've solved this problem, I'm not inclined to purchase any more hardware from them.

Oh well, I'm fine with the games I have.. really enjoy Splatoon and others and will definitely buy Xenoblade X when it goes on sale

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

curl-6 said:

Stop drinking Curl

OT: This thread is pathetic. Using a ramdom criteria made by a widely known Nintendo hater. Good work.

There is like +20 worthwhile exclusives in wiiu, how many in the other consoles? a 25% of that? And only in xbo though. But keep trying to beat the horse, looks like it gives you more fun than to play with your mighty pc wannabe. I rather have a real pc and a real console rather than a third party box with no identity and online for pay, but hey, you can call me weird

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Stop drinking Curl :P

I've only had one officer, drink.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Stop drinking Curl

OT: This thread is pathetic. Using a ramdom criteria made by a widely known Nintendo hater. Good work.

There is like +20 worthwhile exclusives in wiiu, how many in the other consoles? a 25% of that? And only in xbo though. But keep trying to beat the horse, looks like it gives you more fun than to play with your mighty pc wannabe. I rather have a real pc and a real console rather than a third party box with no identity and online for pay, but hey, you can call me weird

Umm... Shokio is not a Nintendo hater.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

rodea_sky_soldier said:

Where is

Rodea
Devil's Third
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
Snoopy
Warriors Orochi Hyper 3
Ninja Gaiden
Game & Wario
Monster Hunter
Wii Fit U

Wii Party U

Nes Remix

Pac Man 1

Pac Man 2

Lego Games

Duck Tales

Resident Evil Revelations

etc etc etc

Did you even watch the video? 

First thought: Did Slade make this thread?

Second thought: 

Third thought: I'm glad shokio is taking a break from his Smash Bros lifestyle to make videos again

Fourth thought: Shouldn't blackb0nd be taking pictures with females and having a social life? What a social reject.

iceland said:

First thought: Did Slade make this thread?

Second thought: 

Third thought: I'm glad shokio is taking a break from his Smash Bros lifestyle to make videos again

Fourth thought: Shouldn't blackb0nd be taking pictures with females and having a social life? What a social reject.

B0nd's response would be like: "why do you care about what other grown ass men do on their free time? get a life pathetic loser".

Well... having watched the vids, several things to point out.

1. There are at least several games missing. If you are going to remove games that you feel they are casual and you barely include others and call that "lenient", then that is an opinion and this is no longer a list a of validation, especially when you call it the Full Retail Release Timeline.

2. Personally I can't take him seriously anymore when on one hand, he was essentially telling people to boycott Splatoon, said he was buying the game used because despite the game being well made by his own testament, he was not willing to give the developers his money because of one feature missing. He then went on to criticize Nintendo fans he disagreed with his stance, because they were boycotting games that were missing features available to users on another platform. He asks why do people hold 3rd parties to a higher standard to Nintendo because they should all be set on the same standard.

If you agree with all that. Fine. That's not the issue. The issue is that not even a year later, SFV comes out and he buys it at launch fully knowing the amount of content, and then proceeds to defend his purchase. One thing he says is that he holds Nintendo to a higher standard than Capcom and for that reason its ok for Capcom to give him, in what was his opinion, crap.

My issues with both themselves games are minimal and I don't find the 2 actually comparable. Shokio is defending his hypocrisy just makes me no longer really care for what he says.
Yes the Wii U was not successful in quantity and support and there's no way around that, but this list shouldn't be seen as fact because factually its not. Its as factual as saying Splatoon is Nintendo's first new IP since Pikmin

3. This BlackB0nd guy just took a clip off Shokio's video, changed the title, and used different music...
Regardless of how I feel about that effort, it just is Shokio's chart so it goes back to point 1 and 2