By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is the Gears / Uncharted / Tekken 3 of this generation?

Lawlight said:
TimCliveroller said:
Nope.... these are not games that will define a generation; Destiny and Watchdogs are cross-gen... I'm thinking of: gameplay-graphics-complete paradigm.

Did Uncharted and Gears have all of those?

Not for you probably.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
TimCliveroller said:

Well - that is your case and it does not prove anything. Good to know, though.

It proves you completely wrong, in fact. People have different tastes/views/thoughts than you. Folks did buy a PlayStation for Tekken - negating your point. If all you wanted was for people to agree with you (which is evident), I see no reason for this topic to even exist.

By my conversation with him, I came to the same conclusion.Either that, or we all dont have The Spark.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

TimCliveroller said:
Lawlight said:

Did Uncharted and Gears have all of those?

Not for you probably.

Not for me and not for anymore. They just built on what was already there.

Nautilus said:
CGI-Quality said:

It proves you completely wrong, in fact. People have different tastes/views/thoughts than you. Folks did buy a PlayStation for Tekken - negating your point. If all you wanted was for people to agree with you (which is evident), I see no reason for this topic to even exist.

By my conversation with him, I came to the same conclusion.Either that, or we all dont have The Spark.

Do not offer a general view on your view; there was a guy who knows the spark... so it is: all - n where n>=2 and that is not all by any means. And you know you know the spark, you are just playing the agnostic relegious track.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Lawlight said:
TimCliveroller said:

Not for you probably.

Not for me and not for anymore. They just built on what was already there.

Did you just acknowledged my mind reading abilities? Well - thanks.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
TimCliveroller said:
This may be one of the saddest generations so far - no games defining it

It's because Sony and Microsoft stupidly waited so long to release new consoles. Had the PS4 and Xbox One launched in 2010 and 2011, games like Minecraft and TLOU would have defined the 8th generation but instead, alot of IP had to launch at the end of the 7th, which meant slim pickings for the next consoles.

There's still time though... even though I don't think we're going to see much more than copy and paste from them. Nintendo, with Splatoon, is the only company that really did something unique, new and fresh. At least up until this point.

Why is Wii Sports missing from this thread's title?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

AlfredoTurkey said:
TimCliveroller said:
This may be one of the saddest generations so far - no games defining it

It's because Sony and Microsoft stupidly waited so long to release new consoles. Had the PS4 and Xbox One launched in 2010 and 2011, games like Minecraft and TLOU would have defined the 8th generation but instead, alot of IP had to launch at the end of the 7th, which meant slim pickings for the next consoles.

There's still time though... even though I don't think we're going to see much more than copy and paste from them. Nintendo, with Splatoon, is the only company that really did something unique, new and fresh. At least up until this point.

Unique, new and fresh. They just turned the Unfinished Swan into a multiplayer game.

Why are people mentioning sequels?

Also, I would put Mass Effect up there with UC and Gears.

The funny thing is Uncharted:DF was only a modestly received and OK selling game. It became a generation defining franchise with Uncharted 2.

The problem we have with finding something new and amazing is that the technological leap between 7th and 8th gen was not as great as between 6th and 7th gen. This makes it harder to make games that are generation defining in the way of bringing something obviously big and new to console gaming that just was not there in the 7th gen. In many ways, the 8th gen is really just the 7th gen with better graphics.

Is Horizon going to be a whole lot different to Skyrim in their core elements? The world might be more detailed with cooler robot monsters. But ultimately it doesn't look like being a genre or generation defining game. Perhaps it will being something new and amazing to the table, but I'm thinking it will simply be a great game that still fits quite neatly into the open world RPG box.

In some what what could define this generation is the evolution of indie games that have a AAA look and feel. No Man's sky looks to be a bit like that. Made by a 15 person indie studio, but has big ambitions and has a AAA look about it. Can smaller studios put out AAA type content on a budget? If they can put out AAA type games at a fraction of the AAA dev costs and put them on the market for $30 or $40 then that really shakes up the industry. I know No Man's Sky is a full $60 retail release but there's a lot of scope for big and bold indie games to come in at a lower price.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CGI-Quality said:
TimCliveroller said:

It proves that your view does not prove anything, that it is void in a certain context. Indeed it does. I want to know you as a human being, give me facebook if you desire, please do.

This will be the last comment of its kind. I've let it slide quite a bit already. This type of stuff isn't healthy for the conversation and you've already derailed the topic with it quite a bit.

Now as for the first portion - it proves that you were incorrect in your assumption. 

I was just curious who is the person behind the androginic avatar, the person who always plays it safe. No harm or dissrespect intended.

What was my assumption? 

Ex Graphics Whore.