By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is the Gears / Uncharted / Tekken 3 of this generation?

CGI-Quality said:
TimCliveroller said:

You do not buy console for tekken, you want to buy console for Soul Calibur... even if you switch sides - that is the game that made you do it. You too are too picky about my examples (SC)... Have you seen SC when it came out?

In my case, this is false. I bought the PS2 for Tekken Tag Tournament, Silent Hill 2, and Resident Evil: Dead Aim, for example. Now, for Tekken, plenty of people bought PlayStations for it - it was the fighter to buy on the platform, at one point. 

Well - that is your case and it does not prove anything. Good to know, though.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Bloodborne? It might be much like the Souls series but Naughty Dog and Epic games worked on 3rd person game play and shooters before as well.

The Order 1886 and Titanfall were supposed to be big hits and one of them was. Driveclub is great. Until Dawn is great. Splatoon. Tearaway ()

And that is just first party. Many more 3rd party games on top of it.

It's funny. DriveClub never comes to mind, but it really does meet the criterea. It really is this generations defining racer in it's current state. The weather really makes the difference. That said, I didn't like it on release...so I'm jaded.

TimCliveroller said:
Nautilus said:

And again, that is subjective.There is a game I love until this day, since the first time I played as a child.The name is The King of Dragons, from Capcom.Its an extremely unknown game, and yet that game defines what a beat-em up should be like for me.

While I do agree that certain games receive a more universal aclaim, like FFX and Chrono Trigger and so on, you wont reach a concensus here or in any other place that there is or there isnt a game that made people goosebump when they played it.If I were to say, The Witcher 3 did that to me for gen 8 (and probably Xenoblade Chronicles X when I FINALLY manage to get back to my Wii U to play it)

There is no subjective in this; there is only threshold - hard to define, yet it is

No.You are confusing betwenn critical success and personal preferences.You want to define a game as having a critical success "status" based on your personal preference.That dosent work.For example:You said that people bought consoles for Soul Calibur(which for its time was a sucess and brought new things to the table, wont deny that), but go on to say that Tekken dont have the same effect, when Tekken is more popular and arguably the better franchise overall.There are games that are masterpieces and should be recognized so, like GTA 5(which I personally dont like but agree that it is excellent), but the way you put it, its like the definitions, the parameters we should be using to judge a game, should be your parameters, and yours alone.And that is wrong in the most fundamental level

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ka-pi96 said:
TimCliveroller said:

There is no subjective in this; there is only threshold - hard to define, yet it is

It's entirely 100% subjective...

entirely 100% subjective - that is called pleonasm, and this is 99% objective

Ex Graphics Whore.

TimCliveroller said:
Nautilus said:

And again, that is subjective.There is a game I love until this day, since the first time I played as a child.The name is The King of Dragons, from Capcom.Its an extremely unknown game, and yet that game defines what a beat-em up should be like for me.

While I do agree that certain games receive a more universal aclaim, like FFX and Chrono Trigger and so on, you wont reach a concensus here or in any other place that there is or there isnt a game that made people goosebump when they played it.If I were to say, The Witcher 3 did that to me for gen 8 (and probably Xenoblade Chronicles X when I FINALLY manage to get back to my Wii U to play it)

No.You are confusing betwenn critical success and personal preferences.You want to define a game as having a critical success "status" based on your personal preference.That dosent work.For example:You said that people bought consoles for Soul Calibur(which for its time was a sucess and brought new things to the table, wont deny that), but go on to say that Tekken dont have the same effect, when Tekken is more popular and arguably the better franchise overall.There are games that are masterpieces and should be recognized so, like GTA 5(which I personally dont like but agree that it is excellent), but the way you put it, its like the definitions, the parameters we should be using to judge a game, should be your parameters, and yours alone.And that is wrong in the most fundamental level

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Protendo said:
Farsala said:
Bloodborne? It might be much like the Souls series but Naughty Dog and Epic games worked on 3rd person game play and shooters before as well.

The Order 1886 and Titanfall were supposed to be big hits and one of them was. Driveclub is great. Until Dawn is great. Splatoon. Tearaway ()

And that is just first party. Many more 3rd party games on top of it.

It's funny. DriveClub never comes to mind, but it really does meet the criterea. It really is this generations defining racer in it's current state. The weather really makes the difference. That said, I didn't like it on release...so I'm jaded.

Media bias will always keep some games down, and hype games with shooting mechanics up.

Until Dawn probably meets its own criteria as well as it is quite special.

Nautilus said:
TimCliveroller said:

Ok, I'm wrong at fundamental level, but you dont understand spark. Spark is no preference - spark is Spark, spark transcends, GTA5 follow. Now please delete thread.

Ex Graphics Whore.

TimCliveroller said:
This may be one of the saddest generations so far - no games defining it

So you havent played Bloodborne, Driveclub, MGS5, The Evil Within, Deception 4 the Nightmare Princess, Fatal Frame 5 and the countless other awesome games?

TimCliveroller said:
Nope.... these are not games that will define a generation; Destiny and Watchdogs are cross-gen... I'm thinking of: gameplay-graphics-complete paradigm.

Did Uncharted and Gears have all of those?

CGI-Quality said:
TimCliveroller said:

Well - that is your case and it does not prove anything. Good to know, though.

So your view does prove something? Enlighten me.

It proves that your view does not prove anything, that it is void in a certain context. Indeed it does. I want to know you as a human being, give me facebook if you desire, please do.

Ex Graphics Whore.