By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Statistics: VGChartz posting habits from 2008 to now

What do you think drives VGChartz activity most?

Console sales 30 36.59%

Quality of software 1 1.22%

Anticipation of future releases 12 14.63%

The quality of the websit... 5 6.10%

Frequent data updates 4 4.88%

I have no idea 13 15.85%

Something else 17 20.73%

Total:82

NX reveal/release will improve the numbers again, but overall I think its clear to see that VGC will continue to decline.

Around the Network

On a more serious note compared to my last post, this is a bit sad. I was a member of CVG website forum and that was a massively busy site and slowly died down over time until there were barely any threads being created. The inevitable news was posted that the site was closing and it was a sad day. I wouldn't want that to happen this website at all, I find it's got one of the best, if not, the best community.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I think a lot of posters are turned by the number of NX, Amiibo or Splatoon threads posted. The Uncharted 4 MP beta barely got any replies amd that game is going to be massive. This forum is way too Nintendo-centric.

iceland said:
We're in a great depression, everyone hold on.

Last gen was a lot of fun because all 3 were interesting to watch, this time around... not so much.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees that this gen, been a boring and depressing one for me to see one single winner and two losers.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

The graphs are for threads created per day, not posts per day.

You sure? The general/politics/movies sections getting 2 posts per day makes.... like no sense. Guess it is threads

Rol is right as usual. I made a slight booboo in the legend of the first graph in my last post. It should say 20% of threads, but it says 20% of posts. That's just a mistake on my part. The data is right, I just wrote the wrong word on that one legend.

Edit:

StokedUp said:
95% of them ninty threads are Splatoon related :)
Splatoon got a new character- create thread
Splatoon got a new feature-create thread
Splatoon sold this amount-create thread
Splatoon fav weapon- create thread
Splatoon fav character-create thread
Splatoon fav level-create thread

Lol sorry, but kinda true, the game needs an official discussion thread.

It's actually closer to 4%. 5 of the last 150 Nintendo threads have Splatoon in the title, 11 of the last 330, and (I think) 29 of the 660 threads of 2016.

NX threads, on the other hand, account for roughly 10% of the total Nintendo threads.

Around the Network

I think that the main reason is that the overall quality of VGZ is going down. We rarely have hardware sales, numbers are more often off this gen, less tools than before, ioi is a ghost, the website is old and looks old, hard to use VGZ with a smartphone and a lot of members seem to have disapear.

Honestly, a website that looks like it is dying is not very appealing.

StokedUp said:
95% of them ninty threads are Splatoon related :)
Splatoon got a new character- create thread
Splatoon got a new feature-create thread
Splatoon sold this amount-create thread
Splatoon fav weapon- create thread
Splatoon fav character-create thread
Splatoon fav level-create thread

Lol sorry, but kinda true, the game needs an official discussion thread.

Lol, no. NX and Zelda threads are the ones that rocks Nintendo disscussion.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Lack of charts seems to have correlated to lack of interest to post.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

cycycychris said:
Sadly, new users to this site seemed to have dried up really quick. I've seen very few recently, and the ones I do see shy away from continually posting. So theirs now a very healthy loss to replace ratio. A long with not much to talk about any more. Nintendo has not announced any important games and what we do have to discuss is just NX rumors.

With numbers being really slow or none existing, a lot of discussion has been hard to create. A long with people no longer willing to take VGC numbers seriously.

The good threads we do get, a lot of the time don't get many post, instead a console war thread gets it instead. Its a shame more people don't try to make more original content for the site. Like I try with some not so good reviews.

i agree, i feel that new users are also banned too quickley thats one of the main reasons

Hopefully when the NX releases there not a huge drop like the ps4/xb1