By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Canadian Liberals: Immigration to death...

This...

FUCK YOU JOHN MCCALLUM! P... 24 63.16%

This is good! Immigrants ... 14 36.84%

Total:38
Normchacho said:
barneystinson69 said:

Oh no, sorry for being "offensive". But maybe you'll look at Europe as a textbook example. Muslums migrants have caused nothing but trouble! You know I use to support immigration, but now this is out of hand. We're seeing our native population slowly being eliminated because we "need" more immigrants! This is political correctness that's the issue, not racism!

No, no,no. Lets clear this up right now. What you said isn't bad because it's offensive. Actually, I don't know when that became the "go to" to defend an ignorant statement, but it needs to stop. The problem with what you said isn't that it's offensive, it's that it's ignorant. Those are very, very different things. What you said didn't come from a place of understanding. Offensive or not, it was an ignorant thing to say.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets talk what's wrong with your actual statement.

Any time that you have a group of people move into a culturally different area en masse you see large spikes in crime.

Between 1890 and 1900, 1.4 million Italians immigrated to the United States. 1.4 million people in a time when it was much more difficult to immigrate, and in a time when the U.S. had 1/4 the people it does now. You know what happened? Crime went through the roof and stayed there for decades.

Because of that, Italians faced very real discrimmination for much of the late 19th, and early 20th century.

The same thing happened when the Irish arrived in the mid 1800's.

It's a huge part of why the U.S. was so reluctant to take refugees during WWII.

The connection between immigration and crime has nothing to do with race.

Not race, culture. Not all cultures are meant to live with others.

Around the Network

I could see how ironic it is that caucasians were the invaders from the indigenous peoples point of view in this case but there weren't exactly international laws back then to frown upon barbaric actions like that ...

If people want to laugh off about immigration it's their loss IMO ...

barneystinson69 said:
Normchacho said:

No, no,no. Lets clear this up right now. What you said isn't bad because it's offensive. Actually, I don't know when that became the "go to" to defend an ignorant statement, but it needs to stop. The problem with what you said isn't that it's offensive, it's that it's ignorant. Those are very, very different things. What you said didn't come from a place of understanding. Offensive or not, it was an ignorant thing to say.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets talk what's wrong with your actual statement.

Any time that you have a group of people move into a culturally different area en masse you see large spikes in crime.

Between 1890 and 1900, 1.4 million Italians immigrated to the United States. 1.4 million people in a time when it was much more difficult to immigrate, and in a time when the U.S. had 1/4 the people it does now. You know what happened? Crime went through the roof and stayed there for decades.

Because of that, Italians faced very real discrimmination for much of the late 19th, and early 20th century.

The same thing happened when the Irish arrived in the mid 1800's.

It's a huge part of why the U.S. was so reluctant to take refugees during WWII.

The connection between immigration and crime has nothing to do with race.

These figure's are over 100 years old! Times have changed! You want to know what Canada's generosity has got us? In Ottawa, all those Somalian street gangs? Thanks to us bringing them in in times of need! The vietnemese? Turned Vancouver into a place for organized crime! You want proof?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_Canada

Check the number of "caucasian".

Of course times have changed, but what does that have to do with anything in the context of this argument?

Any time you have large groups of people from one culture, move to an area that has a different culture, crime skyrockets. Your information doesn't even challenge that conclusion...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:

Not race, culture. Not all cultures are meant to live with others.

I agree with you on the first part, as it's the point I was trying to make.

But cultures adapt, and people learn to live with one another. That will happen with people moving from the middle east just as it has with every other migrant population.

People need to stop looking at what's going on in the world (not just immigration) as if it's the first time any of its every happened. It's not, people have dealt with the kind of issues we are dealing with now for as long as we've been around.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The irony and ignorance astounds me...

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-plans-to-welcome-300-000-newcomers-this-year-mccallum-1.2808284

No one is happy about this... 80,000 refugee's by years end. Another 220,000 other immigrants...

You know I would rant about this, but I don't want to waste my good time on this. So I'll just say this...

FUCK YOU JOHN MCCALLUM! PIECE OF SHIT OLD FART! GODDAMNIT! HE'S GOING TO TURN US INTO SWEDEN!

Alright! Now you all can decide how you feel...

Just wait until Trump wins. You're going to see what REAL mass immigration looks like then. haha

This is great news for Canada. It diversifies the country, and will help population growth which is critical to the economic growth. With a strong social security net it will most likely help more people to become productive parts of society.

AlfredoTurkey said:
barneystinson69 said:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-plans-to-welcome-300-000-newcomers-this-year-mccallum-1.2808284

No one is happy about this... 80,000 refugee's by years end. Another 220,000 other immigrants...

You know I would rant about this, but I don't want to waste my good time on this. So I'll just say this...

FUCK YOU JOHN MCCALLUM! PIECE OF SHIT OLD FART! GODDAMNIT! HE'S GOING TO TURN US INTO SWEDEN!

Alright! Now you all can decide how you feel...

Just wait until Drumpf wins. You're going to see what REAL mass immigration looks like then. haha

You joke, but I honestly think that if he wins you'll see a noticable uptick in immigration from the U.S. to countries like Canada.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Just wait until Drumpf wins. You're going to see what REAL mass immigration looks like then. haha

You joke, but I honestly think that if he wins you'll see a noticable uptick in immigration from the U.S. to countries like Canada.

Oh no, I wasn't joking lol. There WILL be a huge exodus, that's for sure. I, for one, have recently wanted to immigrate to Canada myself out of protest over our healthcare for the rich, education for the privileged and fuck old people policies. But if Trump wins? I'll be learning how to speak French faster than I can type his name.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Normchacho said:

Oh no, I wasn't joking lol. There WILL be a huge exodus, that's for sure. I, for one, have recently wanted to immigrate to Canada myself out of protest over our healthcare for the rich, education for the privileged and fuck old people policies. But if Drumpf wins? I'll be learning how to speak French faster than I can type his name.

Well...you could just move to an English speaking part of Canada haha

Oh, and I hope your white, of Barney is going to be pissed. He doesn't want any more of those "other races" moving to Canada.

Bet with Adamblaziken: